The Overdue Crew

I am still here, I am feeling a bit grumpy today, I am getting scared of being induced.

I had my sweep yesterday and my cervix is closed, but apparently soft and the baby's heads deep. I wanted to be told I was 3 cm dialated and the baby would be here within hours :haha:

Hi Jaffa - My sister lives in Oz and has been asking me at least once a day, I know it's because she's so far away but I could kill her :haha:

I agree the texts and FB messages asking if he is here are driving me mad...dont people think I would have told them!!!

I've started answering the phone with "Yes, I'm still pregnant!!" I do wonder about poeple sometimes, do they think we'll have the baby and just forget to tell them!?

I've started answering the phone with "Yes, I'm still pregnant!!" I do wonder about poeple sometimes, do they think we'll have the baby and just forget to tell them!?

Oh good, it's not just me that was wondering this then :haha:

Ha Ha..It's so annoying isn't it?!?

Well 41 weeks today and still absolutely diddly-squat!

DH and I have been really snappy with each other as well which isn't helping. I think we're both just frustrated that little one isn't here yet. My DH even had a dream last night that we had a little girl and she came out talking. Which at this rate wouldn't surprise me!! I wouldn't mind if I could go on a huge shop or long walk but I just get so tired so easily.

My midwife talked me out of having a sweep. She said it doesn't normally work for first time moms anyway..not sure how right she is. I've got an induction booked for next Monday, 9th May, which is exactly 2 weeks after my due date but I thought they only normally yet you go 12 days over?

Off to Argos today to buy a ball so plan on spending my afternoon having a good old bounce!!

Any updates to report from anyone else?
x

As far as I know, it's only 12 days but then I have seen other ladies on here being induced at 14 so who knows :shrug:

I have my 3rd and final sweep tomorrow and then i'm being induced later on this week if it doesn't work :thumbup:

I had two sweeps done yesterday and as my midwife was doing it, she said I had bloody show coming away. I spent all day yesterday passing tons of bloody show and started having contractions, but they stopped and now I'm sitting here 5 days over. This freaking sucks because my other two were born at 39w5d and 38w2d.

I was going for a homebirth but my daughter, who has special needs, has 11 appointments, most of which are out of town, over the next two weeks and I can't afford to keep playing Russian Roulette with those appointments. She's waited over a year for these appointments. My midwife won't induce me until 41 weeks though, so if she's not here by Wednesday night, I'll be induced on Thursday morning. I'm glad there is an end in sight.

I'd rather go on my own, but like I said, I can't afford to let my daughter risk losing her appointments.

Afternoon ladies. Nothing major to report but I did receive a phone call from the mw earlier who advised me she has an appointment for this evening if it would be more convenient for me to go in tonight. I of course, jumped at the chance :thumbup: 3rd and final sweep here I come :) Also going to finalise the induction details (incase I need it) whoop whoop :D

Hi ladies, nothing to report but I feel bad about whinging after seeing some of u ladies 8 and 9 days over! I thought I was having contractions last night but after about 2am the cramping stopped and when I woke up this morning there was nothing. No show, no cramping nothing. I have the mw tomorrow though so I think we are going to discuss what to do next, as we didn't really speak about sweeps/induction as we were so sure I was going to go early due to huge bump on small body lol. Hope something happens for someone soon, and my LO will be here soon I can't wait to meet her! Xxx

My midwife talked me out of having a sweep. She said it doesn't normally work for first time moms anyway..not sure how right she is. I've got an induction booked for next Monday, 9th May, which is exactly 2 weeks after my due date but I thought they only normally yet you go 12 days over?
x

oooh why did she talk you out of it? what did she say?? Im interested because I had a sweep last time that didnt do a single thing! and so im due to have one on thursday but I want to refuse!! Dont really want to go through that again for nothing!!

:wave: hello ladies, back from my 3rd sweep. MW was able to touch the babies head and seemed happy so fingers crossed something happens. If not, i'm booked in for my induction Thursday afternoon. I cannot explain how excited I am :thumbup:

:wave: hello ladies, back from my 3rd sweep. MW was able to touch the babies head and seemed happy so fingers crossed something happens. If not, i'm booked in for my induction Thursday afternoon. I cannot explain how excited I am :thumbup:

Good luck, I hope this one works for you

Ooh good luck to you! How exciting to know that LO will be on their way by Thursday at the latest??! :happydance: I'm going to mw tomorrow for my first appointment since last week, so am hoping I will be offered a sweep but am not really sure what the norm is here (Scotland) as I don't know anyone who has gone overdue since my mum had me 20 years ago lol! Have got everything crossed for u that things get moving! Xxx:thumbup:

Ooh good luck to you! How exciting to know that LO will be on their way by Thursday at the latest??! :happydance: I'm going to mw tomorrow for my first appointment since last week, so am hoping I will be offered a sweep but am not really sure what the norm is here (Scotland) as I don't know anyone who has gone overdue since my mum had me 20 years ago lol! Have got everything crossed for u that things get moving! Xxx:thumbup:

I am so looking forward to cuddles with my bubba now :thumbup:

Good luck at your mw appointment, hope you get the sweep and that it works for you :flower:

Well I am still here, 9 days over due now.

I have called my midwife to try and get another sweep but they only do one. :cry:

I have called my midwife to try and get another sweep but they only do one. :cry:

aww hun, that sucks :hugs:

Will she not do another one at your request anyway?

Hey ladies, any progress anyone?! I seem to be losing my plug still, which is quite gross actually! The internet has dashed my hopes about that meaning anything though as apparantley it can happen weeks and weeks before labour, oh well!

I have my one and only sweep booked for Friday morning now (they just will not do more than one at my docs, god knows why!) but as my BP has been creeping up, if the sweep isn't successful within a day or so they may now induce me bit earlier rather than making me wait till 42 weeks.

Ah well, we'll get our babies out one day I suppose!!

aww hun, that sucks :hugs:

Will she not do another one at your request anyway?

No they only do one I even I burst into tears on the phone. I am really scared about being in hospitals, I felt ok with having a water birth and it being natural for some reason in my head it seemed less like hospital stuff. But I am terrified of having to stay in, or having drips etc. It feels more likely to happen now :cry:

I think it worse today as the OH is back at work too.

victoriajane -Good luck with your sweep

Thanks Sarah! I know what you mean about feeling worse now OH back at work, the last load of bank holidays have just about kept me sane as husband has been at home to distract me/generally make me feel better and today I had quite the sulk when he left for work :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->