The POAS Addiction Support Group

Girly922

Reaction score
Just a little support group for all of us ladies who have a POAS addiction. I know there's a lot of us on here.

And I figured this way we can;
- Help each other wait it out.
- Stop each other from testing too early and being disappointed.
- Laugh at the crazy places we hide our stash of hpt's.
- And just generally try and make the TWW a bit easier.

If you're not sure if you are a POAS addict there are several tell-tale signs;
- You have a hidden stash of hpt's your OH doesn't know about.
- You feel the desire to test a couple of days after OV.
- No matter what the result of the 1st test you will continue to test until you have run out of tests. At which point you may have to run to the closest store that's open and buy more.
- You test at all times of the day by recreating fmu.

If any of these sound like you, you should probably be here.

Good luck ladies :thumbup:

Hi, I'm Georgie and I'm a POAS addict.

(thought I should start things off like a proper support group :rofl:)

Hi Georgie

I have looked at the tell-tale signs and all I can say is CHECK

Hidden stash of hpt's - CHECK - (and OPK's)
Testing a couple of days after OV - CHECK
Test till run out then buy more - CHECK
Dont pee so can recreate fmu - CHECK

OH said I should take out shares in hpt's and he has no idea how many I do a month lol

Aim - to be able to wait at least till af is due before testing.

The support group is a great idea :)

Welcome.

I hate to think how much I've spent overall. I haven't yet given in to the monthly buy that amazon do yet though. Where you can buy it once and then they'll charge you and post more each month after that without you having to order. It keeps asking me if I want to do that whenever I buy clearblues off there.

I want to wait until AF is due too. As I'm waiting for 1st AF after m/c I'm giving her 6 weeks to show up before I test. If I can manage to wait that long.

As someone who was bording on being a POAS addict I'm sure, the main deterrent for me was "I can keep using tests and be disappointed or I can NOT test and still have a 'chance' ". Not knowing felt more like a 'chance'...it could be a yes, it could be a no. Doing the test and SEEING negative meant 'chance over' really. And yes, nothing particularly helps with the disapointment of AF arriving, but thinking this way did cull me a bit. Good luck all x

That's a really nice way of thinking. I struggle with the not knowing. Its something I can't control so I find it difficult. I may try that approach, see if it can deter me from testing for the next few weeks.

Thank you. :)

Sorry for your loss Georgie

I hope we can support each other to wait before POAS, we will save loads of money.

I dont like the idea of the monthly buy thing its sort of pessimistic, I keep my fingers crossed and hope this month will be the month. Its not really working as have been trying since August 2011 but there is always hope :)

Thank you. I'm just trying to be positive now.

I hope so! But I know when I get my bfp I will test loads, just to make sure it's definitely a bfp. And then to see my progression. I just can't help myself. Lol.

That's why I didn't like it, every time I buy from there I think no this'll be the last tests I buy as I'll be pregnant this cycle. Positive thinking all the way!!

Hi, I'm Hailey, and I'm a peestick-a-holic. :haha:

I bought several cheapo tests from Dollar Tree and hoarded them. But I ended up taking them all too soon!

I have one FRER left, and AF was due yesterday! I'll be taking it tomorrow morning! :thumbup:

Just a little support group for all of us ladies who have a POAS addiction. I know there's a lot of us on here.

And I figured this way we can;
- Help each other wait it out.
- Stop each other from testing too early and being disappointed.
- Laugh at the crazy places we hide our stash of hpt's.
- And just generally try and make the TWW a bit easier.

If you're not sure if you are a POAS addict there are several tell-tale signs;
- You have a hidden stash of hpt's your OH doesn't know about.
- You feel the desire to test a couple of days after OV.
- No matter what the result of the 1st test you will continue to test until you have run out of tests. At which point you may have to run to the closest store that's open and buy more.
- You test at all times of the day by recreating fmu.

If any of these sound like you, you should probably be here.

Good luck ladies :thumbup:

You know you're a POAS addict when you make sure you have your OPK pee-sticks when you leave for work in the morning. Cuz you HAVE to check for your surge on your lunch break in the public women's restroom at work. Who else carries a pee cup in their purse?

Hi Hailey!

I do that with all my ICs. But I so want to here what your FRER shows tomorrow!
Good luck!! Really hoping its a bfp for you. :thumbup:

BubsMom that made me laugh a lot!! That will be me next cycle if we don't catch this one.

I'm joining you girls here! Hopefully I will get to test this month.... (see 'rant' in the January thread for explanation....)

It's nice to see you're not alone in the world of crazy when ttc hahaha :haha:

Im ashley and im a POAS addict! I start testing 6dpo. Im now 9dpo and still a bfn :( Not having any symptoms either :( Still got some hope and trying to be positive!

Hello Georgie, I'm Cherie and I'm a POAS addict.
You did it then - this is a super thread!

I admit to:

1.Peeing on a stick anytime of day, when the fancy takes me.
2. POAS even though it's way too early and I know it.
3. Hiding the evidence from DH.
4. Disguising used sticks before throwing them away.
5. Spending enough money on pee sticks to raise a mortgage for a decent sized property in Kensington and Chelsea...

This thread will probably not stop me stick-peeing - I'm too far gone for saving - but at least I'll feel better reading about all the other girlies who are doing exactly the same thing as me!!! :blush:

I would like to join you all. I have just purchased and taken delivery of 200 opk's and 20 hpts! I have used 2 opk's per day so far (see my other post earlier tonight). I seem to be addicted to sneaking off to the bathroom to test. Hubby knows I do but never requests the result. He just lets me get on with it.

Hey I'm Nicole and I have an obsession with taking pregnancy tests.

When I run out or close to it I want to go to the store. Even if its negative I want to keep taking them because maybe just maybe that one was wrong. ;(

I also hide them under things so he doesn't know I take them, because I know it's too early but I just want it to be positive so bad..

It completely over runs my thoughts.. I think about it all day everyday

My name is Sam and I am addicted to pee sticks.

I started testing at 2dpo (potentially due to uncertainty over ovulation date). I tested this evening and as expected BFN, I know logically it is WAY too early and little eggy wouldn't implant yet but part of me hopes my body is super human and will fast forward the result or something. I also took a digital OPK this evening just to be sure haha. It was negative.

I hide pee sticks in my hoody pouch so I can sneakily peek at them periodically until I choose packet or fast food boxes for instance to sneak them into to dispose lol.

Nothing gets my heart going the way watching a pee stick works does, just watching the dye rush across the test and forming a LINE...YES I think, a line...it gets sucked up by the control line quickly and I am left gutted that it was just the process the test goes through to work lol. My control line always eats my dye. I want revenge! I want a BFP so dark the control line is left weak.

As I said, I think I have an issue with pee sticks.

Hello! My name is Simone and I am a POASaholic! I did manage to wait to test at 11 dpo. I ran out of tests to test with fmu today and bought more today and tested when I got home.

Hello! I'm Rebecca and if I'm not peeing on an ov stick, its a pg stick.

I order the strips off ebay. I recently had to restock. I used 2 different companies and got 50 pg tests and ordered 20 ov strips. The ov people sent me pg tests and I wasn't bothered. I emailed them and they sent the ov sticks and i got to keep the pg sticks they sent by accident...now I'm thrilled i have more pg sticks to pee on!

I'm in my fertile window now and told hubby not to be out too late. ;)

I also decided to add soft cups into the mix this month. FX.

Hi, my name is Amber, and I am addicted to pee sticks.

I am guilty of stashing them under the bathroom sink, and in my makeup bag until they can be safely disposed of.

I am guilty of testing too early, although I am trying to stop doing that this go around.

I am also guilty of continuing to test until every stick is gone even if I am pregnant, just for fun.

This is my last baby, so I am confident that I will have my addiction under control eventually LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->