The POAS Addiction Support Group

I'm joining you girls here! Hopefully I will get to test this month.... (see 'rant' in the January thread for explanation....)

It's nice to see you're not alone in the world of crazy when ttc hahaha :haha:

Oh hunny, just seen your rant. Sorry you're not having a great time TTC at the moment. You will have you 2nd, things will come together. And as for 'shooting' problems, could he be putting unnecessary pressure on himself to perform as he knows how desperate you are? I now don't tell OH when I'm likely to be OVing. I just pounce on him and he doesn't seem to say no. :blush:

Im ashley and im a POAS addict! I start testing 6dpo. Im now 9dpo and still a bfn :( Not having any symptoms either :( Still got some hope and trying to be positive!

It's still early. Good luck and remember you're not out until the :witch: shows.

Hello Georgie, I'm Cherie and I'm a POAS addict.
You did it then - this is a super thread!

I admit to:

1.Peeing on a stick anytime of day, when the fancy takes me.
2. POAS even though it's way too early and I know it.
3. Hiding the evidence from DH.
4. Disguising used sticks before throwing them away.
5. Spending enough money on pee sticks to raise a mortgage for a decent sized property in Kensington and Chelsea...

This thread will probably not stop me stick-peeing - I'm too far gone for saving - but at least I'll feel better reading about all the other girlies who are doing exactly the same thing as me!!! :blush:

I thought it'd at least give us all a laugh. A very lighthearted way of supporting each other. And I'm starting to wonder if I'm too far gone for saving too! :haha:

Hey I'm Nicole and I have an obsession with taking pregnancy tests.

When I run out or close to it I want to go to the store. Even if its negative I want to keep taking them because maybe just maybe that one was wrong. ;(

I also hide them under things so he doesn't know I take them, because I know it's too early but I just want it to be positive so bad..

It completely over runs my thoughts.. I think about it all day everyday

I get this!! Just the thought that maybe its not sensitive enough, or maybe my pee wasn't concentrated enough. :dohh:

I would like to join you all. I have just purchased and taken delivery of 200 opk's and 20 hpts! I have used 2 opk's per day so far (see my other post earlier tonight). I seem to be addicted to sneaking off to the bathroom to test. Hubby knows I do but never requests the result. He just lets me get on with it.

I think I'd be terrible if I had 200 OPKs, I'd be testing constantly. :haha:

My name is Sam and I am addicted to pee sticks.

I started testing at 2dpo (potentially due to uncertainty over ovulation date). I tested this evening and as expected BFN, I know logically it is WAY too early and little eggy wouldn't implant yet but part of me hopes my body is super human and will fast forward the result or something. I also took a digital OPK this evening just to be sure haha. It was negative.

I hide pee sticks in my hoody pouch so I can sneakily peek at them periodically until I choose packet or fast food boxes for instance to sneak them into to dispose lol.

Nothing gets my heart going the way watching a pee stick works does, just watching the dye rush across the test and forming a LINE...YES I think, a line...it gets sucked up by the control line quickly and I am left gutted that it was just the process the test goes through to work lol. My control line always eats my dye. I want revenge! I want a BFP so dark the control line is left weak.

As I said, I think I have an issue with pee sticks.

I love the idea of being super human. Your power, you get to know you are pregnant minutes after BDing!! :rofl: But I do it too.

Hello! My name is Simone and I am a POASaholic! I did manage to wait to test at 11 dpo. I ran out of tests to test with fmu today and bought more today and tested when I got home.

Well done, I don't think I've ever managed to wait that long!

Hello! I'm Rebecca and if I'm not peeing on an ov stick, its a pg stick.

I order the strips off ebay. I recently had to restock. I used 2 different companies and got 50 pg tests and ordered 20 ov strips. The ov people sent me pg tests and I wasn't bothered. I emailed them and they sent the ov sticks and i got to keep the pg sticks they sent by accident...now I'm thrilled i have more pg sticks to pee on!

I'm in my fertile window now and told hubby not to be out too late. ;)

I also decided to add soft cups into the mix this month. FX.

Good luck! Wow, that's good that you got to keep the pg tests. I've just ordered some off eBay, not sure how good they'll be but we'll see.

Hi, my name is Amber, and I am addicted to pee sticks.

I am guilty of stashing them under the bathroom sink, and in my makeup bag until they can be safely disposed of.

I am guilty of testing too early, although I am trying to stop doing that this go around.

I am also guilty of continuing to test until every stick is gone even if I am pregnant, just for fun.

This is my last baby, so I am confident that I will have my addiction under control eventually LOL!

This is exactly my problem. I can't help myself. :nope:

I know, I said that to him, maybe he's thinking about it too much, feeling like he HAS to perform. He said he wasn't thinking about that at all last night though!
And if I wouldn't tell him when then he'd probably know anyway as we'd suddenly be doing it every day :p haha But I guess if I'm not pregnant this time I might try that next month! (ugh... don't wanna even think about having another month of ttc!! My first was so easy and then had a little accident, so that was easy... was kind of hoping/slightly expecting it to be easy this time!!)

Hey, all. Took a FRER this morning. I'm trying to convince myself that it's a :bfn: because it is. But my darn line eye and the POASaholic part of my brain won't let it go!

Do you ever think you peed too much on it and somehow knocked the HCG off the wick? lol I also think I didn't dip it enough when I don't get the result I am wanting...

Well, I'm out. AF showed up.

I think I'm back to the stage where every month I have a psychosomatic pregnancy. I will get every symptom in the book and AF will NOT come until I get a negative test. Bummed.

Yes Samthemum, I do that too, thinking I didn't dip it enough :p Cause I always pee in a cup and dip it in, even with the midstream tests, just cause I'm scared I can't pee for 5 seconds or can't aim properly :p haha... So I just catch it in the cup instead and then dip it in. And when it says dip it in for 10 seconds I dip it in for at least 12-15 seconds :p hahaha

Yes Samthemum, I do that too, thinking I didn't dip it enough :p Cause I always pee in a cup and dip it in, even with the midstream tests, just cause I'm scared I can't pee for 5 seconds or can't aim properly :p haha... So I just catch it in the cup instead and then dip it in. And when it says dip it in for 10 seconds I dip it in for at least 12-15 seconds :p hahaha

Mine says to dip for 10-15 seconds and I count verrryyyy sloowwwllly... probably closer to 25 seconds. JUST to make sure all the LH is potentially caught!

Mine says to dip for 10-15 seconds and I count verrryyyy sloowwwllly... probably closer to 25 seconds. JUST to make sure all the LH is potentially caught!

Same here..

I bought four tests today and I'm doing my best not to go take one now but gah I want too so bad,

Yeah I pee in a cup too, but I then resent holding it in there so long as I convince myself I washed all the HCG off lol. There is probably a pill out there somewhere for folk like me...

Well I'm a failure...
Couldn't wait, took one and neg. sadly..

Have to wait a few days and take another one. I really want this to be our month

I am horribly addicted to POAS. AF was due today and still hasn't showed up. I've had yellowish creamy lotiony cm, a first for me. New years eve..took a test, BFN. Yesterday took 3 tests all of which were dollar general cheapies and I swore I saw 2 lines, but I'm scared they were evap lines..because this morning with FMU I took another one..and nothing. Then 4 hours ago I took a FRER, and swore I saw lines..and then nothing. And just now I took 3 more cheapies..and nothing. I know if I'm pg I'm definitely not giving it enough time to build up..but I can't help it. If it's in my house..I want to pee on it!!!!

GingerPanda I'm sorry. Good luck and FX'd for next cycle. :hugs:

And ninifay, you are not a failure! Because if you are then I will be. I can't see myself being able to hold off testing for very long. Lol.

And mamakris, that made me :rofl: "If it's in my house..I want to pee on it!!!!

I just peed on 2 sticks...I am at most 5dpo lol...BFN's. What the heck is wrong with me??

Wondfos are the way forward! More sensitive than FRERs, and cheaper too! Available for the first time in the UK on Ebay! Good luck ladies!!!

Sam, 5dpo is just too early!! You are not superwoman (or are you??) :haha:

I only have IC's in the house, oh and 2 clearblue digis with conception indicator. One is for when I'm at least 14dpo. And that's only cause that was the only test I got a bfp on to start with last time, and the other so I can get it where it says 3+. So I know I won't just use them.

I keep wondering about wondfos, but I hear that they are notorious for evaps.

Well pretty sure I'm out, just wiped and it looks like AF is starting. Right on time.

Aaaargh!!! So I had ordered wondfos (20) and opk's (50) off of Amazon, and according to the tracking they were supposed to be here today, but now it looks like they won't be here until tomorrow!!

Don't they know I NEED MY FIX!! :rofl:

Just looked at wondfo, they look no different to the ultra sensitive IC's we get here and are more expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->