The Ramblers

I'd be annoyed too susie. I think being a mummy sometimes means you have to grin and bear it when people do things we wouldn't. As long as it's not dangerous. It's horrible but i don't want to spend the next few years being mad at people! My auntie let albert lick an apple yesterday. I wouldn't have done it but it didn't hurt him so i dunno :shrug:

Anyone else think x factor has been staged really badly this year? I swear they're making a drama out of good people just to make it more dramatic!

I would have been annoyed to but I do stick my fingers in Rhys's mouth sometimes
He does it himself, he likes to suck my fingers

Anyone else looking forward to the inbetweeners on Monday, I cant wait

Anyone else think x factor has been staged really badly this year? I swear they're making a drama out of good people just to make it more dramatic!

I read that they are not doing it next year

Hey Susie. I think sometimes we have to remember that back when you MIL had kids, sterilising probably wasnt of the upmost importance. It still isnt in the US. They suggest sterilising after you buy bottles, then washing with soapy water after that. I understand why your pissed, but im pretty sure it wouldnt have hurt her at all. I think im alot more relaxed with Finn, as i remember the things that accidentally ended up in Sams mouth when he was little and no harm came to him. I know bottles are apparently only sterile while they are in the sterilizer and thats for up to 3 hours...How long are we supposed to use dummys for then? Everything seems to contradict another and sometimes i think its all just over the top x They put enough crap in their mouths themselves, im sure she will come to no harm x Also, if we are never introduced to germs/bacteria, we dont build up an immunity to them. Now you will think i sound just like your MIL im sure, lol.

I think I am overly paranoid about germs and cleanliness anyway, and I know she wasn't trying to harm her or anything. I just don't see any reason for someone elses fingers to be in Poppy's mouth, whether they are clean or not.

Nevermind, its done now. Thanks for your responses :D x

I havent watched it much this year; I dont like the audition part set up-preferred it when they did it without an audience. :)

I think her fingers were probably in there as no matter how well we seem to cope, or how well we are doing, they still look at us like little girls looking after babies, and not remembering they were probably our age when they had babies. No matter what we do they will always think they know best as they have done it before. EVen if you did it ten times they would think they knew best as they did it first. At least she waited untill you mentioned something, i suppose thats better than sitting there telling you your baby is teething before you have any clue, and making you feel inadequate.

MIL (Not MIL but nanny from that side, MIL is just easier to type) Always used to try and teach me what to do with sam, but she merely contradicted everything i had put in place. Because i was 16 she presumed i was incapable and then went behind my back. Worst one was desert! I specifically let him choose a desert every meal time as he was a nightmare when it came to eating. If he ate most of his dinner, and tried something new, he got his desert. If he refused she would go behind my back and give it to him when i wasnt looking...Grrr! I didnt let it last long, lol. I now have a son whos favourite food is broccoli :D

I think her fingers were probably in there as no matter how well we seem to cope, or how well we are doing, they still look at us like little girls looking after babies, and not remembering they were probably our age when they had babies. No matter what we do they will always think they know best as they have done it before. EVen if you did it ten times they would think they knew best as they did it first. At least she waited untill you mentioned something, i suppose thats better than sitting there telling you your baby is teething before you have any clue, and making you feel inadequate.

MIL (Not MIL but nanny from that side, MIL is just easier to type) Always used to try and teach me what to do with sam, but she merely contradicted everything i had put in place. Because i was 16 she presumed i was incapable and then went behind my back. Worst one was desert! I specifically let him choose a desert every meal time as he was a nightmare when it came to eating. If he ate most of his dinner, and tried something new, he got his desert. If he refused she would go behind my back and give it to him when i wasnt looking...Grrr! I didnt let it last long, lol. I now have a son whos favourite food is broccoli :D

Glad you didnt let that last long! Things like that are sooo annoying. It's official.. MIL's are a pain in the arse :haha: I think it's the going behiind the back thing that's most annoying :growlmad:

Yep, officially! Its exceptionally hard when you are 16, i found everyone and anyone telling me how to do it right. I was far from the best parent back then, but i do have a very polite, intelligent and kind young boy now, and i didnt listen to any of their shit! On the other hand my MIL has 3 of the most disgraceful grandchildren i have ever met. I should know i just went on holiday with them (Shouting fuck off to their mother 5 times a day at the age of 7 and 10). I think thats a good indicator as to how much grandparents help, lol.

Yep, officially! Its exceptionally hard when you are 16, i found everyone and anyone telling me how to do it right. I was far from the best parent back then, but i do have a very polite, intelligent and kind young boy now, and i didnt listen to any of their shit! On the other hand my MIL has 3 of the most disgraceful grandchildren i have ever met. I should know i just went on holiday with them (Shouting fuck off to their mother 5 times a day at the age of 7 and 10). I think thats a good indicator as to how much grandparents help, lol.

OMG Thats awful! If Poppy ever tells me to fck off (and she won't) she will be grounded for life!!!!

You have done a great job with Sam. I've only seen pics of him of course (on you FB) but he looks like a really good boy with lots of character!

Aww thank you x. I still sometimes wonder how the poor boy has survived. Ive had fish who only lasted a day, lol.

He certainly does have character bless him. I have no idea how SIL copes. If she used to tell her kids off, their dad would let them off, then tell them their mum was a bitch, so they got it from there and since they split, she has lost all hope. Id of taken a stick to them before now!(Not literally, lol) Honestly i cant believe the way they talk to her. The youngest calls her a fuckin twat at leats 5 times per day. She serisouly needs to crack down on them. Little shits! So embarrasing being out in public with them.

i wouldnt have been very happy either susie. Nobody got the right to stick there fingers in megans mouth. All i do is look in it when shes got it open. My mil isnt too bad but if she did anything like that my oh would go mad at her! I hate it when they start trying to tell me what to do! I dont care if you have raised 3 kids ill raise megan how i want is what i tell them!

my nieces are little shits for my sister. They dont swear (about only thing they dont do!) they just play her up everytime shes out! I refuse to go shopping with them not showing me up! Dont know how you managed a week with them i would have strung them up the first day!

i wouldnt have been very happy either susie. Nobody got the right to stick there fingers in megans mouth. All i do is look in it when shes got it open. My mil isnt too bad but if she did anything like that my oh would go mad at her! I hate it when they start trying to tell me what to do! I dont care if you have raised 3 kids ill raise megan how i want is what i tell them!

:hugs:

I just think.. "ok ... what possible reason does anyone have to stick their fingers in my little girls mouth??" :hissy: To see if she is teething? Why does she need to check that when I'm her mummy? To let Poppy suck on them? No, she doesnt wanna suck your fingers! I'm clearly not over this am I? :rofl: I just don't get it! I'd never stick my fingers in someone elses baby's mouth :shrug:

afternoon!:wave: hope all is well! How you feeling jo the tablets working okay? Megans been a dream today shes had 2 naps without me havin to hold her! Thats a first! Think im over the growth spurt thank god! Now weve got the 4 month one to look forward to! When that happens i aint getting out of bed! Lol

how you feeling today susie you calmed down abit?! Id say something if your that mad about it or get your dh to!

how you feeling today susie you calmed down abit?! Id say something if your that mad about it or get your dh to!

:haha: Yeah I've calmed down a bit. I've realised that I'm just a worrying, extremely overprotective, control freak of a mummy though! I'm not going to say anything this time, but will if it happens again. I don't like it so I shouldn't allow it to happen, but I'll say it nicely.

Lots of things are annoying me this week- I am definitly hormonal! Don't get me started on about the woman who asked how old "he" (meaning Poppy) is? He?? Yes because lots of little boys wear pink clothes with flowers on! I almost strangled her! :rofl:

Rant no.2 over!

Saying all that, I am actually in quite a good mood! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back