the sling thing

mickey

Reaction score
does anybody have experience with baba slings and if so how u find them?

thx, Angie :hi:

Nobody has replied to this yet?! Well, I'm new & maybe I'm reading it wrong. Let this be my first post...

I love, love, love slings! The one I love the best is the New Native Carrier & they have a website, just Google it. They're not adjustable, so you'll have to get the correct size. Medium fits just about everybody. Just check the measurements & make sure you fit their specs.

I've never owned a Hot Sling, but I think they'd be great too. My girlfriend has one & LOVES it. I have a few other slings that I'm not happy with. You just gotta try 'em out, to each his own, you know? Anyway, slings are the best for newborns so they can be close for warmth. They enjoy the rocking motion of your movements, it makes them feel secure & grow up to be a secure child. GL with your new baby!

hi tibuRon :hi:

thanks for your reply.

we got two hotslings now (one for daddy and one for me) and one peanutshell, which we possibly can wear both.

so far, I really like the peanutshell as it is out of fleece and very soft! will be good for winter as well.

let's see how they feel and fit once baby is inside :baby:

i have brought a pouch sling for my little one, altho im not sure now that i will use it much.

I have never used a sling before so this will be a new thing for me.

Hope you get on with yours :)

x

if they feel comfortable I def will use them a lot, as I think they are more convenient than a pram for me here in London, where I have to hop on the bus and tube with little on as we don't have a car...

sometimes the buses here are awfully packed!

as well carrying little one down the stairs to tube in a sling is possibly much more convenient than having to get a pram down the stairs.

ahhh, let's see, I am getting really excited already :yipee:

yeah a sling does sound perfect for the buses and tubes etc.

I got mine to wear around the house, so i can get on and do house work, put wahing out etc and know that he is safe with me and that Coby is not poking him or something lol

But to go out and about i will use the pram i think, its easier with Coby too.

If i dont end up useing mine very often then i will prob sell it.

x

mikey I loved using a sling with my daughter, and have got three this time round!

If it was DH and I going shopping DH preferred to carry the wee one in a sling rather than take the pram, it's so restricting needing to find a lift to get up and down the shopping centre/shop and nightmare if you're in a busy cafe/restaurant etc. Little one slept soundly in it as well.

As for me well it helped boost my confidence at breastfeeding in public as I felt a lot more discreet feeding her when she was in the sling and like Layla has mentioned it was great for having her in when I needed to get stuff done but when she didn't want to be put down!

Another sling fan here! I alredy have a pouch sling and a babyhawk mei tei but I am getting a kari me this time too. I think babywearing is the best, your baby feels all secure next to mommy or daddy and when they get older they are able to see more and I always found more people said hi to Serenn whe she was in the sling then in herpushchair as she was up on their level.

guys, those slings are fantastic :headspin: :headspin: :headspin:

in the house as well as outside, as in there little one falls asleep so easily, if we move around with her!

we even could have our first day out with her on saturday without her making any noise at all, and yesterday night, OH took her for a good night walk in the fresh air, and afterward she slept for six hours in a row!!!
we had such a good quality sleep tonight :yipee: :yipee: :yipee:

Where did you get yours Mickey, can you post a pic of it?

x

we've got this one 4 me
https://www.bigmamaslings.co.uk/zen-cart/hotslings-black-ecru-floral-stretch-padded-p-336.html

this one 4 daddy
https://www.bigmamaslings.co.uk/zen-cart/hotslings-espresso-stretch-cotton-pouch-p-200.html

and this one in black 4 both of us
https://www.bigmamaslings.co.uk/zen-cart/hotslings-espresso-stretch-cotton-pouch-p-200.html

the one 4 OH we got @ the babyshow and the other ones we ordered at bigmama slings. the delivery was very quick :hi:

Cool, thanks for that, i have a pouch sling ready so hopfuly i will get on with it as well as you have

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"