The Thread of Anything But....

Wendy Happy Birthday for tomorrow :cake:

Natsby :hugs: I think my abdominals have left me :laugh2:

Macwooly I LOVE your wedding cake, ooh Skye, I keep trying to persuade OH to go for a week at some remote cottage in the wilderness just the two of us.

Morning girls,

I've had to take the day off work today. DS has the cold and is miserable. None of the usual demolition this morning. I hate it when he is like this. I need to think of some activities for him as i will have to keep him inside.

DH has given me three wishes today. Its my birthday tomorrow and apparently its Wendy's eve(i'm liking this). So i need to think long and hard about what i would like. So far all i can think of is a lie in tomorrow morning and breakfast in bed. :)

Happy birthday for tomorrow Wendy! Hope you have an awesome day! :hugs::hugs:

Nice one, we're back on cake again :thumbup: !!!!x

Macwooly I LOVE your wedding cake, ooh Skye, I keep trying to persuade OH to go for a week at some remote cottage in the wilderness just the two of us.

Skye was lovely we were in a cottage and the nearest neighbour was half a mile away :) It was like going back to the 1970s as the shops still close for half a day on Wednesdays and nothing but the churches are open on a Sunday :)

But a week with no phone reception; no TV and a log fire - absolute bliss :thumbup:

The first year we met we went with some friends on a sailing trip round the Isle of Mull which was lovely. I adore Scotland and the more remote the better for me :)

Nice one, we're back on cake again :thumbup: !!!!x

With a few savouries thrown in for Dmom :)

I've got gingerbread baking at the moment :) I know not very slimming friendly but sometimes you need cake with a cup of tea :)

On my weekly foray to see what other threads were about... :haha:

I can't believe that there are fruitcake haters out there - what about a nice Christmas cake soaked in brandy?? :thumbup:

Just about to go and eat the rest of the doughnuts I bought yesterday in case they go off.

Must actually get something done today though :dohh:

Wendy, would you to do something with your family for your birthday or would you like to do something girlie by yourself of with a friend?

Sometimes a little time by yourself can make all the difference in the world!

Damn...back to the cake! Fruitcake should be illegal; if one has to soak it in something in order to make it edible...well, that says it all, LOL.:haha:

Wooly, love the wedding cake!

Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting is my favorite. Can't make it, so I am at the mercy of the grocery store bakery.

NS, I will join you for dim sum anytime!

Not just fruitcake, I hate anything with dried fruit in it, I'll pick it out of cereal but any kind of bun with fruit in it I won't touch, or cereal bar.

The squidy texture, the sickly rotted taste of it ack, I can't go the stuff at all.

NO! Squidgy means... squidgy. You know, squidge-able.

Hmmmm cake again!! I just ate a nice piece of raspberry cake on my lunch break.

I much preffer savouries as well but i have to admit that lemon cake drives me wild lol.

Wendy, hppy birthday for tomorrow!!

A sultana is an undead grape, an https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sultana_(grape)abomination in the eyes of God, it's what happens when a grape decomposes.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: NS

DMom, a sultana I think maybe called a raisin over there but here it is different to a raisin - it is a lovely yummy squishy not quite dried fruit that is lovely added to cereals, scones, cakes and anything else or even just as a snack on its own :haha::haha::haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->