The Thread of Anything But....

It beats being the one to show up at Christmas with the fruitcake; that person should be flogged! LOL

This might sound unbelievable, but I have never had a fruitcake. I honestly don't think I've even seen one at a holiday party. . . . .

It beats being the one to show up at Christmas with the fruitcake; that person should be flogged! LOL

This might sound unbelievable, but I have never had a fruitcake. I honestly don't think I've even seen one at a holiday party. . . . .

You're not missing anything but dry yucky cake that weighs a ton and will sit in your stomach for days..sickening!! For some strange reason in North America Fruitcakes are everywhere at Christmas..they're at parties, under trees, on tables and the really wierd thing is no one really eats it:shrug:

I had to edit this because I just noticed your from North America..and you've never seen Fruitcake at a party or tasted it??? Lol you are one lucky duck ready

I just made myself sick eating yogurt raisins OMG.....a few at a time are OK, go past that limit and pay the price :sick:

Is Pavlova that dessert thing?

Yep..a big lump of eggwhites and fruit thrown on top with cream...yuck!! DD and DH fight over it when its in the house, I just can't get past the sweet taste and the texture..

I like a good home-made pavola - meringue that is crunchy on the outside, gooey/chewy on the inside, a bit of cream, and lots of NICE fruit - raspberries, strawberries etc. Trouble is, most people get the store-bought pavlova bases which are just eggwhite 'foam' really - ugg - and then dump a bunch of cream on it and something nasty like kiwifruit and grapes or something... yak. But the former - yum. My granny used to make an awesome one.

I'd totally prefer lemon meringue pie though! Yum, my fave :thumbup:

Yep..a big lump of eggwhites and fruit thrown on top with cream...yuck!! DD and DH fight over it when its in the house, I just can't get past the sweet taste and the texture..

I like a good home-made pavola - meringue that is crunchy on the outside, gooey/chewy on the inside, a bit of cream, and lots of NICE fruit - raspberries, strawberries etc. Trouble is, most people get the store-bought pavlova bases which are just eggwhite 'foam' really - ugg - and then dump a bunch of cream on it and something nasty like kiwifruit and grapes or something... yak. But the former - yum. My granny used to make an awesome one.

DH buys his Pavlova and either buys fruit and puts on it or buys a personal sized pav with fruit and cream already added,lol. He says homade pavs are to die for but I still don't think I'd like it I always take the meringue off of my pie. I do agree though homeade meringue will always win over store bought:thumbup:

Are you still in Melbourne crystal? My sister lives in Yarraville, I lovvvvve Melbourne. I think we'll end up in Australia down the road - I'm trying to persuade DH around to Melbourne/VIC, but he's a true blue NSWman so I think I'm going to be out of luck there!

I have never once in my life had a store bought pav. My mum made the bestest pav ever! I never successfully made a pav..........I can barely call myself a kiwi *sniffs* lol

OMG!! I can't stand any form of meringue - like really can't stand it the thought of eating it makes me gag.

Don't like marmite either.....

I'm another person that prefers savoury snacks - crisps etc... although I can devour a whole pack of digestive biscuits if i'm dunking them in tea!!

I have never once in my life had a store bought pav. My mum made the bestest pav ever! I never successfully made a pav..........I can barely call myself a kiwi *sniffs* lol

Hey Eva, do you still say "fush and chups"? If so you're still a kiwi :haha:

On my way to work this morning and i was so concentrated reading this thread that i missed my train stop!!!!!! Lol:haha:

Oh well, late for work, all this food talk was very addic:rofl:tive

Hi all!! Great thread, although all this talk about pavlova is making me hungry, and it's not even 9.30am yet. AND I have a weigh-in tonight...

Yesterday we got our new sofas delivered for the new house!!:happydance: And I had a better-than-expected day at work as our phone system went down - work is soooo much easier when the clients can't get through to you :haha:

Last night, once I'd prised DH off the new sofa (which wasn't easy) we went out for a walk for about an hour.

And this morning the phones still aren't working!!! :happydance::happydance:

I never ever developed a taste for vegemite, I think you have to have been raised with it. But Milo is quite nice, people bring me that now when they visit me in the UK :thumbup:

Pavlova and fruitcake and all distant cousins of those items I don't like :nope: am really more of a savoury person too, though I do love a good bake off, I can happily bake away for hours.

Never had any wedding cake at my first wedding as it was traditional fruitcake :growlmad:, if there's a second wedding I'm so having a cake I actually like.

One of my favourite things has got to be yum cha, or dim sim, you know when you go out to the authentic Chinese restaraunt and they bring around the little steamer carts filled with all kinds of steamed and fried dumplings mmmm that's got to be one of my favourite foodie things to do.

Morning girls,

I've had to take the day off work today. DS has the cold and is miserable. None of the usual demolition this morning. I hate it when he is like this. I need to think of some activities for him as i will have to keep him inside.

DH has given me three wishes today. Its my birthday tomorrow and apparently its Wendy's eve(i'm liking this). So i need to think long and hard about what i would like. So far all i can think of is a lie in tomorrow morning and breakfast in bed. :)

I take it the ol' "3 more wishes" isn't allowed??

Happy early birthday anyway!!

I take it the ol' "3 more wishes" isn't allowed??

Happy early birthday anyway!!

I've already tried that. LOL

Decorating and clearing out the garage is out as well. lol

NS I can't stand fruit cake either and at my wedding to DH (my 2nd his first) we have sponge cake covered in chocolate :D

DH & I took the top layer on our 1st honeymoon to the Isle of Skye and scoffed most of it during one week :)

Attachments

• My wedding cake.jpg
    My wedding cake.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 2
Oh cake, pudding, pavlova.Yummy!
I have been thinking this month where did this bulge of a tummy come from, maybe my reaction to this thread is an indication. But really how did I get a gut so suddenly? I haven´t put weight on but it all seems to have redistributed itself over my tum in the last three weeks. damn now I´ll have to do abdominals and I HATE them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->