The Thread of Calm

Polaris, you're in a similar place to me cycle wise. I'm officially 5DPO atm, though I think I ov'd earlier so potentially 7DPO. This is my first real, optomistic TWW. The cycles before, I either had no clue what was going on, or didn't feel that I was pg, so was looking ahead to this cycle anyway. Next week will bring me the answer.

I am trying to manage expectations though. Secretly I would quite like a birthday baby (April) and not so secretly, OH and I had agreed we'd love a May baby, so I'm giving myself two more cycles before I start upping the ante.

Anyone else got any positive signs / feelings?

Hey Notnic, that's cool that we are at a similar place in our cycles. I am feeling quite optimistic this month too. Fingers crossed that we both get our BFPs this month! I am having lots of imaginary pregnancy symptoms already. Hunger, funny taste in my mouth, and increased CM. They are definitely imaginary symptoms seeing as I'm only 4 dpo. LOL.

Ugh, I really hope I don't end up setting you up here Polaris but..... I had noticable increased CM at 3 DPO the cycle I got PG with Cormac. I am sending much :dust: your way!

NotNic, sounds like you are doing great during your 2WW. Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Thanks hardworknmama! :) To be honest I think it helps that I'm not a poas addict!! I'm practically halfway through the TWW now, and am distracting myself with OH's birthday plans.

Polaris - mummymarsh is in a similar to us too. Lets hope that good luck comes in threes. x Or that this thread is everyone's lucky charm!

Hello ladies!

Sorry I've been awol. Been very busy and trying to distract myself lol.

How are we all.

cd14 for us, and just into the OV week - could happen at any time. Hubby is away tonight so I'm all on my lonesome tonight. Thinking that OV will happen mid-week so lots of wifely duties this week! lol :blush:

Good luck to all you ladies on the 2ww! :thumbup: Hope we get some BFPs!!!!

How is everyone today?

I've had a really bad eye infection for the past few days which has really put me in terrible form. I'm sure I caught it from Thomas but whereas he just had a very slightly gooey eye for a day which didn't bother him at all, I had very severe pain, photosensitivity, and blurred vision. Not nice at all! It's getting better today but still not perfect.

Regarding the TWW, after spending most of last week spotting imaginary symptoms, I now think I'm probably out this month. Just not feeling it. I know it's too early to say either way but my gut is telling me that I'm not pregnant. Now I'm just going to try and put it out of my mind for the next few days until AF arrives.

Ugh, sorry to hear that the gut is telling you no Polaris.

Well, for me AF is on her way. I had some cramping today so she should be here within the next day or two. This will put me on a 27 or 28 day cycle again so I think that my cycles are finally evening out. This will be my third 28 day in a row so :happydance: yay me!

Hope everyone else is doing well and that the TWW isn't too horrible to you!

Thanks ladies. Polaris I know how you feel! Optimism is trickling away over here too. There is a few things I've noticed over the last day or two, but could very easily be something else or entirely psychosomatic!

Allowed myself to have a few drinks at hubby's birthday meal last night and I really feel like I'm hungover today. I never get hungover on the amount I drank last night, plus I was eating and I matched my drinks with soda water, so it seems odd. Not sure if this means I am turning into a lightweight and youth is no longer on my side ;) or if a BFP is possible (in which case I will probably be kicking myself for the next 9 mths for having a drink!) The other 'it'll go either way symptom' is spotting. I've started spotting today. Recently I have been getting spotting before my AF, but I am either 9 or 11 DPO so there is a small part of me that hopes it could be implantation spotting, though not entirely sure I believe in IS!

To be honest I think I'm probably out, and now looking for things to reassure myself I'm still in with a shot. Not long until I know and I've still got some more time for a spring baby search if the news isn't so great next week.

Hope everyone else is managing to stay chilled out! :cool:

I've started spotting so I think I'm out for this month. I feel a bit disappointed because I was having lots of "pregnancy symptoms" this morning but then went to the loo and discovered AF is on her way. Oh well onto next month.

Acccckkkk! No polaris! So sorry that the witch is on her way. No bueno!

That's rubbish Polaris. However, you can now join hardworknmama and I in our hunt for a spring :baby: We can still make it hardworknmama!! I'm keeping fingers, arms, toes, but not legs ;) crossed for this month!

Thanks girls! AF arrived in full flow this morning so onwards and upwards to another month!

Good luck ladies - sorry AF arrived Polaris :hugs: but a new cycle and more info about your cycle length always helps. :thumbup:

I think I OV'd cd18/19. I was at work yesterday cd19 and got masses of EWCM but my thought was that the ewcm would have taken time to fall out (sorry tmi :blush:) as I don't like to poke around too much. As it happens hubby and I BD'd cd18 anyway, and cd 19 just for good measure.

I'm feeling quite positive but I'm trying not to get too carried away. No SS for me as I have a holiday to plan for :happydance: AF due 4th Aug so will test 3rd (will be 13dpo) and then holiday 5th August (getting ferry from Holyhead to Dublin at 2.30am 6th) so wont have much time to mope around and I have packing to keep me occupied for all of us.

Just got back from the Dr's and he's really happy with my progress and he also said that I'll probably find that now I'm not stressed the chances of conceiving have gone up! :happydance:

Good luck Aimee Lou, hope you managed to catch that egg! Whereabouts in Ireland are you heading for your holidays or do you still have to plan it out over the next couple of weeks? Always good to have something to occupy yourself during the TWW!

Good luck Aimee Lou, hope you managed to catch that egg! Whereabouts in Ireland are you heading for your holidays or do you still have to plan it out over the next couple of weeks? Always good to have something to occupy yourself during the TWW!

We're going to Leitrim. FIL lives in Dublin and he's booking a cottage for all of us to go - us 3, him and his partner - for a week. The cottage is right on the river and has fishing lakes on the site and we also have the use of a boat. :thumbup:

We're going to Leitrim. FIL lives in Dublin and he's booking a cottage for all of us to go - us 3, him and his partner - for a week. The cottage is right on the river and has fishing lakes on the site and we also have the use of a boat. :thumbup:

Leitrim is so beautiful, my BIL owns a little place up there, hopefully the weather will be reasonable for you! And I find that going on holiday with family has so many advantages now that children are involved. I'm sure Earl is going to absolutely love it! We brought Thomas to Mayo for six nights earlier in the summer, there were sheep out the front and back garden and it was two minutes walk to the lake. Lots of tractors and farm machinery an added bonus (for Thomas)! He had an absolute ball.

I should be out this month as of tomorrow. I am spotting and should start sometime tonight in the middle of the night or in the morning. I am happy I am getting AF for the third month in a row but hopefully one day soon it won't show for nine months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->