The Thread of Calm

We are in the same spot, AF is due on the 14th for me. I will keep everything I can crossed (fingers, toes, eyes, you name it) for both of us. We could totally be bump buddies if/when we are!

Hi how is everyone?

Well Im out for this month, :witch: got me last night so back to CD1...... wow that 2ww drags ......!!

Hi how is everyone?

Well Im out for this month, :witch: got me last night so back to CD1...... wow that 2ww drags ......!!

Sorry to hear about AF. I'm CD17 today I think, I usually ovulate around CD20-24, such a long wait! Still no signs of EWCM yet this month. Going to start BD at least every second day from today.

Daisy sorry to hear about the witch. Much :dust: for August!

Polaris, your fertile period is about to start. Good luck and loads of :dust: during :sex: ! :)

Damn NotNic, you and me both! Sorry to hear that AF got you, she got me yesterday too. Looks like we both had a 23 day cycle. Much :dust: for us both this coming month!

Fingers crossed she sneaked in an early one since she's going to get the next 9 months off ;) xx

Oh wouldn't that be nice! I don't know, this is the same time frame after having Tiarnan that I had a funky cycle so who knows. :shrug: Onward and upward right? :haha:

Exactly!! Would be fab if my cycles went back to normal now though. One AF every 3 and a bit weeks is a bit tiresome!

Notnic and Hardworknmama, so sorry to hear about the witch. It's so frustrating watching the months go by. I really find I have to stop myself from stressing and obsessing about it.

I'm not sure what's happening here, still waiting to ovulate I think. My pre-O temperatures have been much higher than usual this month, I've no idea what that means so I'm trying not to stress about it. We are not doing too well with BD though so I think this might not be my month. I think OH is feeling the pressure a bit and it's affecting his ability to perform a bit. We tried to BD on Tuesday but no ejaculation, then he was in work overnight yesterday so I didn't see him at all, hopefully today might be more successful.

Sorry to hear about your OH's preformance anxiety, that's got to be tough for both of you. To keep the pressure off of my OH I just don't mention anything about conceiving to him, which makes me so greatful for this forum and these type of threads. I don't even tell him when I might be O'ing or when AF is due, seems easier that way. Plus I don't want him to think that the only reason I want to :sex: is to make a baby, I don't want him feeling used. Since you don't think you have O'd yet then you aren't out for this month yet. Just keep on BDing when you have the chance and enjoy yourselves. Lots of :dust: is just waiting to land on you. :hugs:

Any signs of ovulation yet Polaris? How's everyone else holding out? Slightly nervous, but I have booked a GP's appointment for tomorrow. Get the feeling they might laugh me out of the surgery for being a worry wart, but I really want to focus on getting the May baby I've been boring myself and you guys about!

Hey Notnic and everyone else.

I think I might have ovulated today based on ovulation pains and CM has now dried up. So I'm hoping my temperature will rise a bit in the morning to confirm. We got a good BD session in last night so hopefully we've done enough.

Notnic- good luck with the GP appointment. What are you planning to ask about, is it the short cycles? How many cycles is it now for you?

Polaris lots of :dust: for you! Fingers crossed this will be your month!

So, I had my GP's appointment, and yep I wanted to talk about how short my cycles are, and find out if there was anything I could be doing to improve it, rather than waiting and losing more time. I know it hasn't been that long, but I just feel a bit better being proactive. I'm on Cycle 5 of trying now, and since April have had cycles from 22-29 days. The longer ones both have had spotting around the 24 day mark too.

My GP isn't concerned (I though that might be the case), but made a load of notes. He said that the positive thing is that I am having AF's and a +ve opk would suggest that I am ovulating, so I just need to give myself more time. He said that he's not surprised that it's taken this time considering how long I was on bcp for, and even though my cycles are getting shorter, spotting is lasting for less time, and the AF's are becoming heavier so that's small steps in the right direction, and he wouldn't be surprised if my cycles become a little big longer. He wants me to continue with the opks and come back and see him in 5mths if I don't fall pg or sooner if my AF's become more erratic and I'm concerned. I was hoping for a quick fix, but the more I think about it, my GP has made me feel better with his common sense. Plus it's good to know that they aren't expecting me to go 12 mths without any help. In 5 mths I'd have been off BCP for 9 mths and trying with the OPKs for 6.

The other good news is hubby seems to be a bit more on board with TTC. He has suggested that we need to start DTD every other day, has asked if he should be doing anything to improve our chances and offered to go to the GP to be checked out. A massive turnaround. Just hope he is stays this keen!

Happy weekend everyone!

Polaris, lots of :dust: that the :spermy: caught the egg-o!

NotNic, that's great that your GP is optimistic. It's also great that your OH is more on board than he has been in the past. If he truly wants to help then ask him to start wearing boxers (if he doesn't already), keep the laptop off his lap (if he is doing this) and to take men's vitamins every day. Of course these things aren't going to automatically get your PG but they won't hurt your chances either. Lots of :dust: and I hope that you don't have to keep the next appointment with your GP in 5 months. :thumbup:

Nothing new here, AF is on her way out the door and I have a head cold. You win some you lose some. :shrug:

Well AF showed up 9 days late yesterday. Holiday was brilliant - slight bonus that no AF to make life miserable lol :haha:

Hubby and I think I may have had a chemical pregnancy as I have read that that can delay your period by up to 2 weeks with no real explanation. I did take some tests but it obviously didn't take at all. :shrug:

I'm going to try some OPKs this month, just to find out if this month was a one off, if I am ovulating etc. I am actually very sad that the BFP didn't come in the end, but I know from having Earl that that came up straight away. I know what I'm looking for so I guess I knew it wasn't to be. Going to take a break from the TTC side of BnB though, as I have a lot going on at home, so I don't think that talking about OV and 2WW isn't going to do a lot to help lol. Still be lurking though lol.

Hope we're all ok ladies xx

Well AF showed up 9 days late yesterday. Holiday was brilliant - slight bonus that no AF to make life miserable lol :haha:

Hubby and I think I may have had a chemical pregnancy as I have read that that can delay your period by up to 2 weeks with no real explanation. I did take some tests but it obviously didn't take at all. :shrug:

I'm going to try some OPKs this month, just to find out if this month was a one off, if I am ovulating etc. I am actually very sad that the BFP didn't come in the end, but I know from having Earl that that came up straight away. I know what I'm looking for so I guess I knew it wasn't to be. Going to take a break from the TTC side of BnB though, as I have a lot going on at home, so I don't think that talking about OV and 2WW isn't going to do a lot to help lol. Still be lurking though lol.

Hope we're all ok ladies xx

Aimee Lou, so sorry to hear about AF making an appearance after playing games with you for nine days. That is really crap, I would have totally got my hopes up, it's just not fair to be left in limbo like that. Why isn't there some way of just knowing for definite if you are pregnant or not??? I'm really glad that you enjoyed your holiday though!!

On the subject of knowing whether or not you are pregnant, I was in rotten form yesterday and my OH said to me "so you're not pregnant then?", I was like "errr, no, there's no way of knowing yet" (especially since I didn't even ovulate yet, LOL). He said "oh I thought your temperature just had to go down and that means you're pregnant". Errr, no, not sure where you got that from!! Talk about clueless about conceiving!

Oh Polaris, what did our OH's do during science class??

It seems like quite a few of us have been NTNP/TTC'd out at the moment. Keep your chins up ladies! I've been having a bit of a think recently, especially after my chat with the GP and as great as it is to be aware of what's going on, sometimes we just have to wait things out. When it is our time / turn it will happen. Have a great week everyone. xx

Hi all. Back from my holidays, had a really nice time (except came close to leaving my brothers drama queen gf beside the road on occassions, but thats another matter!), enjoyed the relaxing and spending time with hubby. No opks/temping this month. Took EPO though and it seemed to help as judging by CM I OVd on day 14 which is better, and I'm now at 13DPO (also better as always has been about 11/12DPO max) so now we just have to see if its made AF any heavier (which judging by the cramps will be turning up tomorrow). Its a bit odd to be hopeful for a heavy AF, but if its heavy that will put us in with a chance next month.

Hope you're all well x

Hi everyone

Dinah, glad you had a nice holidays and are enjoying the relaxed approach!

I also took EPO this month and I thought it had really helped as I had LOADS of EWCM last week - however I didn't ovulate. Don't know if I was gearing up for ovulation and then didn't. :shrug: So who knows what is happening with me? Maybe ovulation is just delayed or maybe I'm having an anovulatory month. Anyway I'm not going to bother with EPO next month just in case it's messed up my cycle as the latest that I've ovulated before was CD24.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->