The Thread of Calm

I should be out this month as of tomorrow. I am spotting and should start sometime tonight in the middle of the night or in the morning. I am happy I am getting AF for the third month in a row but hopefully one day soon it won't show for nine months.

Sorry to hear that AF is on her way. I'm in the same boat, CD1 today. Maybe next month!

Boo Polaris for :witch: showing up. On to the next month and the hopes of a late April baby. :thumbup:

wantanerd, sorry to hear that she is on her way. Stupid AF, she's such a whore. :(

Nothing new for here, AF is almost gone and I should O around the 30th. Just going to sit back and relax until then. I am going to start working out on Monday so maybe my energy levels will go up quickly and then I can pounce on OH that weekend. :haha:

Hiya everyone.

Hope you all had a great weekend. I've decided to give opks a go this month. My cycles aren't really what I've expected them to be, and as AF's coming earlier than before (between 23 and 29 days, whereas they were always 28/29 before), I'm pretty sure that ov is happening quite early too. Fingers crossed this will point me in the right direction.

Anything new with everyone else? Nx

Good luck with the OPKs, even if all that happens is you figure out your cycle then TTC/NTNP will become even easier.

Not much new here, started working out today and my abs are already feeling it. My workouts before now consisted of taking walks with the boys, not exactly pulse raising, kwim? :haha: I work all week with a screwy schedule so I will be ready for Friday and hopefully I can get hubby in the sack at some point.

Needing to stay calm more than usual today. Found out yesterday that my very light AFs since coming off implanon are more a curse than a blessing - means my hormones are out of whack and until they settle down I won't be able to conceive as there isn't enough lining for a bean to latch on to. Trying to stay positive about it but she said it would take about 6 months, so 4 more to go.

Needing to stay calm more than usual today. Found out yesterday that my very light AFs since coming off implanon are more a curse than a blessing - means my hormones are out of whack and until they settle down I won't be able to conceive as there isn't enough lining for a bean to latch on to. Trying to stay positive about it but she said it would take about 6 months, so 4 more to go.

:hugs:
Really sorry to hear that. Hopefully it will sort itself out a bit quicker than that for you. At least it's something that will resolve itself with a bit of time.

Sorry to hear that your hormones are wacky right now. :hugs: Keep busy and these next few months will fly by!

Dinah is there not anything they can do to help? Surely they are giving you 6 months to cover bases, rather than it being exact measure of how long it will take? Keep going with the BD'ing. You never know xx

Hi all

I intorduced myself pages back then took a break from ttc but we're back at it now. I *think* im about 9/10 DPO but went back on the pilll in our 2 month break as we went away so IM not totally sure. Ii did use the evil addictive poas to chart my ov so thats why I think 9/10 dpo.

Don't feel any different really. We were ttc for nearly a year for Oliver so I kept a diary and all the symptoms I had before my last BFP don't seem to be there this time so maybe not my month or maybe every time its different. Either way Im trying not to stress about it and won't be doing any more POAS until after Im due (altho those ov tests are calling me - I was registering positive on them before af due on my first preg)

Anyhoo Ill prob be stalking this thread for a while now :dust: to us all (haven't used that smilie for a while!!!)

Hi all

I intorduced myself pages back then took a break from ttc but we're back at it now. I *think* im about 9/10 DPO but went back on the pilll in our 2 month break as we went away so IM not totally sure. Ii did use the evil addictive poas to chart my ov so thats why I think 9/10 dpo.

Don't feel any different really. We were ttc for nearly a year for Oliver so I kept a diary and all the symptoms I had before my last BFP don't seem to be there this time so maybe not my month or maybe every time its different. Either way Im trying not to stress about it and won't be doing any more POAS until after Im due (altho those ov tests are calling me - I was registering positive on them before af due on my first preg)

Anyhoo Ill prob be stalking this thread for a while now :dust: to us all (haven't used that smilie for a while!!!)

Hey Daisydoo, I wouldn't worry about the lack of symptoms, I didn't have any symptoms at all on Thomas until 14 dpo. And I have heard that every pregnancy is different so you won't necessarily follow the same pattern as last time. Good luck holding out on testing, it always seems like such a long wait for the second half of the TWW.

I second Polaris there Daisy. With Tiarnan the only symptom I had was a missed period and with Cormac I had sore BBs, increased CM, increased smell. Each pregnancy is different just like each kid is different, you just have to play things be ear. Good luck this month! Will you be testing soon or do you have long cycles?

As for me, I am 1 or 2 DPO and I got lucky on Saturday night. Here's hoping I caught that :spermy: ! Hopefully I won't drive myself crazy over the next two weeks as I am expecting AF on the 14th. Help keep me sane ladies!

Thanks ladies... :thumbup: its good to know you weren't brimming with preg symps! I was the same with Oliver hardworknmama I could smell things a MILE OFF - seriously we went up into the yorkshire moors for a picnic the day before I tested pregnant with OLiver and I could smell what people had in their butties as we walked past families picnicing!!!

Hope we can keep you sane hardworknmama its hard not to keep thinking about it isn't it. And Polaris is your ticker right you're cd13 now?

Im going to hold out testing til maybe Monday if af hasn't got me by then. Cos I was on the pill until this month Im not sure of my cycles I used to be every 31 days and I reckon Im on about CD 26 but I couldn't be sure. Was a bit naughty this morning tested with OPK (well it was just there :dohh:) and that was negative so maybe its not my month.......

right ive got 2 toddlers to watch today and its raining so I don't think ill have ONE MINUTE to think about babies anyway!!! have a good day all xx

Hardworknmama - hope the TWW passes quickly for you and fingers crossed you get a lovely BFP at the end of it!

Daisydoo, a girl on another thread I'm on who just got her BFP was testing negative with OPKs earlier in the TWW so I don't think it's always reliable. It's so hard to avoid obsessing and symptom spotting isn't it?

Aimee Lou - how are you doing, when are you planning on testing, I can't remember? Are you all prepared for your holidays?

Notnic - any update on the OPKs?

So no real update here, my ticker is right, I'm CD12 but I don't usually ovulate until CD20 or later so still a bit of a way to go. I've been taking evening primrose oil this month to try to help with CM but I've been reading mixed reviews about it delaying ovulation in some people so not sure whether I've made a mistake taking it or not. I'm going to stick with it for this cycle though to see if it does improve CM without messing with my ovulation dates.

Polaris -yes I read a thread in the TWW about that the other day too - fingers crossed.

I remember when I was in TTC the first time there was a lot of talk of using Robitussin (cough medicine that increases all mucus production) to increase CM - never tried it but just a thought for you x

I remember when I was in TTC the first time there was a lot of talk of using Robitussin (cough medicine that increases all mucus production) to increase CM - never tried it but just a thought for you x

I know a woman who used Robitussin to help thin out her CM and conceived that month. It can work.

I was the same with Oliver hardworknmama I could smell things a MILE OFF - seriously we went up into the yorkshire moors for a picnic the day before I tested pregnant with OLiver and I could smell what people had in their butties as we walked past families picnicing!!!

Is butties the same as picnic basket? :blush:

I was the same with Oliver hardworknmama I could smell things a MILE OFF - seriously we went up into the yorkshire moors for a picnic the day before I tested pregnant with OLiver and I could smell what people had in their butties as we walked past families picnicing!!!

Is butties the same as picnic basket? :blush:[/QUOTE]

:haha: sorry i'm a scouser (from Liverpool) and we call sandwiches "butties". I don't know why .....!!!!

Hiya. How's everyone doing? I had a +ve opk on Sunday, which was a little later than I was expecting, but was a bit of luck since I was away Friday and Saturday, so we were able to fit in some babydancing! I think this might make this a 28 day cycle, since it was CD14, plus that's what mine used to be. Will be interesting to see if this is what happens, or if I have a shorter LP. :shrug: I really, really would love a BFP this month but we'll see. There hasn't been much BD'ing, so lets just hope what we did worked!! Fingers crossed for those late Spring babies! xx

Hiya. How's everyone doing? I had a +ve opk on Sunday, which was a little later than I was expecting, but was a bit of luck since I was away Friday and Saturday, so we were able to fit in some babydancing! I think this might make this a 28 day cycle, since it was CD14, plus that's what mine used to be. Will be interesting to see if this is what happens, or if I have a shorter LP. :shrug: I really, really would love a BFP this month but we'll see. There hasn't been much BD'ing, so lets just hope what we did worked!! Fingers crossed for those late Spring babies! xx

It only takes one time! Fingers crossed that it has done the job!

Polaris is so right NotNic! When I conceived Tiarnan, OH and I had sex once the entire month of February. That's great news on the positive OPK and that it sounds like you might have what is considered a normal cycle this time around.

Daisy, thanks for clearing that up for me. I was pretty sure you weren't actually talking about smelling people's butts but had never heard that term before. :haha:

Absolutely nothing new here. My lower back is killing me today so I am hoping that it will go away with a workout after work tonight. My mom and dad got the boys a pool today and Tiarnan is loving it already. Good thing too, it was 106F when I left for work at 2pm. :icecream:

Well lets just hope that hubby had some super swimmers! He he! I'm very hopeful that this cycle is a normal one. I see hardworknmama that we are in the same place cyclewise. Fingers extra tightly crossed for a good result! I'm hoping to hold out until the 14th and praying for no spotting next week. Would be pretty cool if we ended up being pg at exactly the same time after being here together. :dust: for all! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->