The Thread of Calm

Polaris, 2 questions I hope you don't mind. :blush: What is EPO and how do you know that you didn't ovulate? I figured that would be something that you wouldn't find out so soon. At any rate, sorry to hear that this month appears to have not worked out for you. :hugs:

Since this is the calm thread I need all your calm vibes ladies. I went for my yearly exam today and during the breast exam my doctor found an indention in my left breast. She didn't seem too concerned about it as it may just be a collapsed milk duct but it could also be a sign of a benign tumor. She faxed in the orders for an ultrasound and a bilateral mammogram, I just have to call and make the appointment. I am hoping to make one for Thursday or Friday morning/early afternoon as this needs to be done in the first two weeks of your cycle. So, if you ladies don't mind sending some positive calming vibes my way it would be truly appreciated. TIA! :hug:

Hardworknmama - :hugs: Loads of calm good luck vibes coming your way. It is good that you are getting it checked out. If your doctor didn't seem too worried then there is no point thinking worst case scenario until you know what you are dealing with. Fingers crossed that it is nothing at all but great that it got noticed and you can know for definite very soon.

EPO is evening primrose oil. I was taking it to try to increase CM which it did definitely increase CM but I didn't ovulate when I had lots of EWCM because my temperatures stayed really low. My CM then totally dried up and if I wasn't temperature charting I would have been sure that I ovulated. My temperatures went up slightly this morning and I had possible ovulation pains last night so I'm thinking maybe I finally ovulated yesterday which is very late in the cycle for me. We hadn't DTD since Sunday as OH has the flu so wasn't feeling up to it. So I'm not really hopeful for this month. At least hopefully I did eventually ovulate though.

Lots of *and relax* thoughts coming to you hardworknmama. I agree with Polaris, it's definitely positive that 1) your doctor doesn't seem to worried and 2) that you are looking into it so promptly. Loads of calm, cheerful, good luck thoughts coming your way. xx

Polaris sorry to hear that this cycle has been so problematic, but BFP's come from everywhere, often when they are least expected! PMA coming to you too.

Dinah - Great news that AF may be a bit heavier this month (Sounds a bit odd saying that!). Fingers crossed your body is sorting itself out for you. xx

Thanks ladies! I am a bit worried but am trying to remain calm. I have my appointment set up for Monday and I am thinking that I won't get the results right away. I just hope that it doesn't take too long to get them. I should also be gearing up to ovulate on Tuesday but I think we will skip this month just to be safe if there is bad news.

Polaris, at least it sounds like you are ovulating even if it is late in your cycle. Ovulating late is better than not ovulating at all. :thumbup:

How did your appointment go hardworknmama? Been keeping my fingers crossed for you xx

It went well, thanks for asking! They said both the mammogram and the ultrasound looked clear so there was nothing to worry about. They said they would send the report over to my doc and that I should follow up with her, so I will call in a few weeks to make sure she got it. My guess is that she will just want to see me at my yearly next year, unless of course I get PG before then.

How about you, things going good? I see you are in that wonderful TWW again. Loads of :dust: flying East for you!

It went well, thanks for asking! They said both the mammogram and the ultrasound looked clear so there was nothing to worry about. They said they would send the report over to my doc and that I should follow up with her, so I will call in a few weeks to make sure she got it. My guess is that she will just want to see me at my yearly next year, unless of course I get PG before then.

How about you, things going good? I see you are in that wonderful TWW again. Loads of :dust: flying East for you!

That's great news, it must be a relief that nothing unusual showed up. :hugs:

Well apparently I am, though no +ve opk this month. Not sure if I missed it, or if it is still to come :shrug: I may just have to continue to BD until I get one, or AF arrives! I hope hubby has been eating his weetabix! :)

Hardworknmama - Glad to hear that your appointment went so well. Did you take a month off from TTC in the end, or are you still in for this month? I'm hoping that the babydust you sent didnt get washed away with all the rain we have in London!

How are you feeling Polaris? Anyone else have any news? xx

Notnic, hopefully you just missed the surge and you have already ovulated.

I don't think I've ovulated yet and to be honest I think OH is getting a bit tired of me saying "I think it might be today". I have thought about not telling him but he always asks if I'm ovulating if I want to have sex! I'm getting a bit sick of it myself to be honest, I just want to finish this cycle and move on to next month at this stage!

Thanks ladies, it is a relief to know that there is nothing funky going on. I was going to try to get some :sex: in today as my folks had the boys this morning and OH was off work but plans got changed when my dad asked us to come pick the boys up so he and my mom could go do something tonight. Oh well, that's life. :shrug: We will get to it when we can.

How's everyone doing this week? Has anyone heard from Aimee-Lou? I am sooo pleased that today is Friday and we have a Bank Holiday weekend ahead of us. I am seriously tired and looking forward to relaxing, as soon as the Baby Shower I've arranged for my friend is over. All of our mutal friends are bringing their little ones in our tiny flat and its going to be chaos. I am praying that the rain stays away and we can spill out into the garden.

Hardworknmama - I know how you feel. OH had agreed to keep the BD'ing up in case O was still to come, but that idea seems to have slipped away. He has been so stressed at work, that he is too tired and irritable of an evening for me to suggest it. Oh well. Things happen for a reason, right? I'm keen for this next week to fly by to see if I have a chance of testing. Fingers crossed we missed the surge, but caught that egg!

:dust: and pma to everyone

AF got me today right on time so I guess I just had an anovulatory cycle. I actually think the evening primrose oil might have messed up my cycle so I'm definitely not going to take it again. I had EWCM all through the month but my temperatures stayed really low so I definitely didn't ovulate.

I actually feel happy that AF arrived as at least it means I'm on to a new month. I was worried that my cycle might just drag on indefinitely. I guess the odd anovulatory cycle is not anything to worry about but I am a bit worried all the same. Hopefully things will be back to normal this month.

I am thinking about trying to encourage Thomas to wean in case breastfeeding is messing with my cycles. But I don't know if I'm able to follow through with it. I'm doing 'don't offer, don't refuse' to try to encourage him to forget about it (he only has one feed at bedtime). The first night it worked a treat and he went to bed without thinking of asking for a feed. I thought it was going to be really easy! But the next two nights he was insistent that he wanted a feed and I don't have the heart to refuse him. I guess maybe if this approach doesn't get me anywhere I could ask OH to put him to bed for a few nights and hope that it's 'out of sight, out of mind'.

Polaris you've done brilliantly well bf this long. Fingers crossed your LO chooses to cut back himself if the option isnt there.

I am really hoping that AF stays away this week. Tomorrow is CD22 - which was the length of my shortest cycle. I really, really want the next week to fly by without any of :witch: visits. I'm getting a bit anxious and trying to replace that with happy, positive thoughts.

Hope everyone else is doing a better job at keeping calm than me. xx

Polaris you've done brilliantly well bf this long. Fingers crossed your LO chooses to cut back himself if the option isnt there.

I am really hoping that AF stays away this week. Tomorrow is CD22 - which was the length of my shortest cycle. I really, really want the next week to fly by without any of :witch: visits. I'm getting a bit anxious and trying to replace that with happy, positive thoughts.

Hope everyone else is doing a better job at keeping calm than me. xx

Stay away AF!! Really hope you get good news this week, we need a BFP on this thread!! I find that distracting myself is the only thing that (sometimes) works in the TWW, limiting the amount of time that I allow myself to spend obsessing about it!

Hey ladies! :wave: We seem to be the only three left huh?

Polaris, sorry to hear that AF got you but I am glad to see you are so upbeat about it. I am sure the :dust: I have been sending East will land on you soon.

NotNic, I am sending no AF vibes your way. I really hope she has decided to go on a vacation for you.

Nothing new here, just back at work for another week and waiting on AF to arrive. I figure she will be here next Tuesday or Wednesday and since we haven't :sex: since she was here last there is no possibility of me being PG. Oh well, maybe we will have another June birthday in our house.

Thanks hardworknmama. Really hope that the witch listens!

What happened to the other ladies? Are you all okay? xx

Hey everyone. Really could do with a dose of calm here! I'm struggling to keep the faith, expecting AF any moment. Arrgh! Please don't visit me :witch:!

How's everyone else? x

Hey everyone. Really could do with a dose of calm here! I'm struggling to keep the faith, expecting AF any moment. Arrgh! Please don't visit me :witch:!

How's everyone else? x

Keeping everything crossed for you Notnic! Really hope that AF stays away for the next nine months!

All is good here, I'm sure ovulation is still a long way off but we are getting a bit of BD in just in case! I just hope I don't have another anovulatory cycle like last month.

Dear AF,

It is hearby mandated that you are not allowed to visit NotNic until sometime next August, that would be August 2012 in case you are bad at math. AF, you are to take a much needed extended vacation and no, NotNic will not be going with you. Do as you are told AF, for once in your life do as you are told. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Hardworknmama

:dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

Dear AF,

It is hearby mandated that you are not allowed to visit NotNic until sometime next August, that would be August 2012 in case you are bad at math. AF, you are to take a much needed extended vacation and no, NotNic will not be going with you. Do as you are told AF, for once in your life do as you are told. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Hardworknmama

:dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

I LOVE THIS!! Thank you. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g