The Tucker's Adoption Journey

So our sw emailed us to let us know that if we want it updated in our profile we either wait until our next update which is in April, but will most likely happen in June or July like this year. Or we pay another $500 in December to update our profile that states my husband is a non smoker. Even though we just paid $500 for our update. I feel like its all about the money with the agency. I am super proud of him!! Next Tuesday marks 2 months and 1 week since he quit!!

Wow 15 weeks is really long and I thought 11 hours was long lol. Have they said how long it will take to be placed?

Oh wow. That does seem like a money grab. What is included in an update? Do they come to the home to verify or do they just type a sentence?

No idea how long it will take for us. We do the education part first. Which consists of a new topic each week. I think the length allows us to make sure we don't rush it and we actually absorb what we are supposed to be learning and not powering through just to get through it. With the ministry we have all sorts of topics to cover: older children, Aboriginal children, special needs, sibling groups etc.

After the education part we finally get our home study. During the education part we can change our mind about what we thought we may have wanted based on stuff we may learn and so this is where our file gets updated if needed as well.

If someone is looking for a near healthy brand new (or close to) baby then they will wait for years. But if you are willing to accept older children, sibling groups etc you get placed much faster.

We are looking for newborn to 10 years, could be a single child or a sibling pair, and there are lots of special needs we are willing to take on. So our placement should be quick.

So for the update we drive to Edmonton spend roughly 1 hour and half with sw. Then she sends us update of what we discussed. It is complete joke. So far with the recent update we have spent $9000. What I don't like about the whole situation is that we really can't do anything because the agency holds all the cards.

I'm thinking if we don't get placed by next year I think we might do IVF. I wish infertility didn't suck so much!

Yeah when we did our seminar they tried to cover as much as they could in 11 hours. And we had to wait until after the seminar to do the homestudy. I don't think you have to wait very long there are so many kids in the system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->