The Tucker's Adoption Journey

I haven't heard of a restriction like that. Over here they're so eager too get kids matched that I don't think it matters. I could be completely wrong on that, though. It should something I learn in April!

Hi Everyone, good to see you are doing well. We are halfway through our prep training now. It is a strange experience! We have had our medicals back and DBS and are almost finished with phase one already which is good. I am a little concerned that they have cancelled two appointments this year though and how that might delay things. Only time will tell :)

Hi ladies. Hope you're all well. Just to update we went to our info evening this week and both came away feeling very positive. Really looking forward to starting the journey.

Picked up the registration of interest for, and the next step is to fill that in and attend a 3 stage training course. Unfortunately the only run the courses at set times in the year and we are on holiday for both the April AND July courses. So it looks like we won't be able to go on the course until September. ( we are in Wales in April so are considering driving back from Wales to the Midlands for the days of the course but not decided yet)

So it's all good...but just lots more waiting. I'm getting very good at waiting!

How is everyone else getting on. Any more developments?

Ah how annoying Hun! We have started our home study update now. Had DBS checks and medicals and met with our social worker twice. She met our little one again on Thursday and couldn't believe the change in him! He was really hyper and just bossed her about! Lol
Just waiting for the checks to all come back now and then we can get back onto it 👍

Oh man I didn't notice how long it's been since updating in here!!
Missk, I've heard they're really bad about cancelling. The state is getting a new worker out here soon so we're hoping she'll be so eager to please her new bosses that she won't cancel any on us lol.

Srb, that's really frustrating! It's the same way over here. You'd think they'd be so ready to get the kids families that they would provide classes more often.

Dream, how exciting you're on home studies! I'm so jealous lol.

We have sent in our forms for applying and back ground checks so we hope to hear from them soon and get the official go ahead for classes in April.

Hi everyone! We have had our 4 day prep course and found it very informative. Just a couple of evening workshops and 2/3 more home visits before we head to panel in June. We are looking at bringing home a child by August!

Hi, everyone! Glad to hear everyone is moving along so nicely in their adoption journey so far! It feels like such a long waiting game to get everything completed, doesn't it?

We're finally actually getting the ball rolling on our end. We're starting with a phone meeting (and then hopefully signing up with) the adoption consultant I was mentioning before. From what I understand, he'll be able to get us pointed in the right direction of which is the best home study agency to use in our area so we can start that step, as well as starting on our profile book while we complete all the other stuff pertaining to the home study. We have our consultation meeting set with him via phone for tonight, and then hopefully we'll really be on our way! :)

It's exciting to see progress with everyone in this board! :) Good luck, all!

Great to hear everyone is moving along! Today we sent off the official Register of Interest form so should have our first home visit next week. We decided to go for the April course in the end (driving back from Wales for the day ) as we both decided it was far too long to wait until September!! Instead we should be approved by September!

Great to hear everyone is moving along! Today we sent off the official Register of Interest form so should have our first home visit next week. We decided to go for the April course in the end (driving back from Wales for the day ) as we both decided it was far too long to wait until September!! Instead we should be approved by September!

Wow that is fab! it is only 6 months until september so your LA must move really fast! Ours has been pretty fast compared to people I have spoken to in others authorities or private agencies. By the time we are placed with a child we have been undergoing the process for 10 months which is pretty good.

To be honest I've been really impressed so far. They called me today and we have our initial home visit booked in for Wednesday next week. Obviously I know that the matching stage may take a while so even though we should be approved in September, I am of the mind set that we wont have a child this year.

Remind me missk - which LA are you with?

We are with Stoke on trent. According to them they start considering potential matches before you are even approved. They aim to have us back at matching panel two months after approval. So panel by june for approval and back at matching panel in August. If your LA are like mine you may well have a child by xmas!

Ahhh - if I push the boundaries a bit I can say you're a midlander too! I'm with Warwickshire. :) That's so great that they consider matching so early - it's great to see a bit of forward planning and common sense!

Two other midlanders! Whoop!
It's great they start considering matches, it helps speed the process up nicely!
We're hoping for a much smoother match this time as last time due to court delays it was 4 months from seeing his profile to meeting him. The longest 4 months of my life!! He was worth every second waiting though of course :)

I actually live in Chester but because of our son being 3, none of the local agencies would take our application seems as we would only be eligible for a child up to 18 months old. Stoke on trent was the nearest we could get.

That's crazy isn't it? Our little one has just turned 3 and our la were fine. Only specification was that he had to have been placed 2 years, so we had to wait until last December to make the initial call.

There has to be 2 year age gap for birth children so I suppose that is similar to 2 years in placement. The authorities closest to us just don't have that many young children in care. I spoke to loads and alot were not accepting applications from anyone who wanted a child under 3.
It has worked out for the best though. Our council sent us loads of information about key adoption dates even though they couldnt take an application and ALL of the dates were in 2014. They sent it out in august 2015! Make me think they would have been a nightmare!

Missk - Chester is beautiful. Reminds me a lot of of my home city York 😊and your son was born exactly 2 days after mine!! Talk about similar journeys!

Dream - couldn't agree with you more!! I hope you get a lovely smooth match this time too!!

Hope everyone is doing well! I had my one2one with the social workers the other day which went well. Hubby goes next week and then they want to meet our birth son. We are almost finished!
How is everyone else doing?

Hi all
Hope everyone's well 😊 we has our social worker out again yesterday. She thinks one more visit and we will be done! Provisional date for approval panel is end of June. It's nice to have an idea of timescale now. Just hoping it won't take too long to find a match, i suspect it may though. They have lots of sibling groups currently but not many singletons. Apparently it's the same kind of picture nationally. I guess time will tell!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->