The Vodka and Watermelon Girls

Hi Ladies,
Many of you already know this via FB, but some don't. Carolyn choked on a grape while I was gone on a trip. She grabbed a whole one before it was cut up for her. My MIL couldn't get it out and ran across the street to get my neighbor who performed CPR on my baby girl while waiting for emergency services to arrive. She has been hospitalized since Monday night. She is in ICU and her breathing is just not stabilizing. She isn't oxygenating well. Her lung X-Ray was taken again this morning at 5 and according to the nurse looks much better. The nasal cannula really annoy her beyond words. She needs them desperately but keeps ripping them out. She already ripped her IV out and they tried in vain (no pun intended, ok maybe a little) to replace it last night and were unsuccessful. They did some weird ultrasound on her arms to try and help find a vein but it didn't help at all. Just pissed her off. So there is a bigger emphasis on us to get fluids into her. Thankfully she has been good at taking her meds orally.
Anyhow. It's a big mess. My MIL is traumatized. She is punishing herself with a water only diet for a week. She is now at our house alone as she didn't want to stay at the hospital and our dog needed someone to watch after her. I am exhausted. My DH is exhausted. I'm not sure if she will make it out of the ICU today.
Gotta go.

Oh my god V what a nightmare! Poor little C, and poor you :hugs:

Sending prayers that she improves soon :hugs:

Hope everything gets better for C! Hope you and hubby get rest too!

Oh Hilary... I'm so sorry you all are going through this... so scary. LOVE and HUGS to you!

Poor baby!

Sorry you're in this hell right now....hoping for a speedy recovery for all of you...

:hug:

Oh no :( so so scary!! hoping you are all ok and C is feeling better in no time :hugs:

Viking, hoping C is well on her way to recovery now. What an awful thing to happen xxx

Conina :growlmad::dohh::hugs:

Omg Viking I'm so so sorry this has happened :cry:please let us know how c is . Massive prayers and love :hugs:

V how is C today? Did you get her home yet?

AFM I *think* AF has arrived. FINALLY - on CD44!!! V light so far but I hope the longest cycle ever is finally over. Never been so glad to see her in my life (well, not since we got married :winkwink: :blush:)

Hi my favorite ladies.
C has finally graduated from ICU to a regular room. She seems vastly improved when she's awake. She's not listless like she was. She will play a little and react to her songs and such. She has come off oxygen for a little while and if she stays stable she may go home tomorrow.

Oh I'm so glad, H!

My god, what a nightmare!

How are you? E? How is your MIL?

I'm glad to hear C is doing better. How is your mother in law?

Butterfly I can't say it enough Adam is so precious!

AF today, Conina?

How are Adam & Mama doing?

Is C going home today, H?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back