The Vodka and Watermelon Girls

Ok. So after seeing pics of Adam I have become a bit broody. Not normal for me...

I don't think I could handle another. I've only wanted one for a very long time. But Adam is so cute.

What to do when baby won't settle? After the last 2 feeds he's just been grizzly. He's not too bad with music and a dummy but then I find myself putting the dummy back in every 15 mins after he has spit it out. Should he sleep after every feed anyway? Thing is if he is awake then 90% of the time he is grizzly. If I leave him to cry then he will just go mental eventually :nope: I've no idea what to do :dohh:

Is he gassy? He may not sleep after every feed, the only other thing I can think of is if he is grizzly a lot it could be reflux. Brooke had reflux and she cried a lot, if it doesn't settle maybe take him to your GP there are drops they can give that help.

Hmmm, he's puked up pretty much all his milk from last feed so something must be wrong I guess :shrug:

Sometimes they need a super burp! Maybe he had a air bubble in his tummy! I used to put my little ones over my upper legs on their tummy and pat their backs gentle and get the bubble out! Also swaddling tight helped too like a little burrito. Some newborns need swaddling!

You might try to burp mid way through feeding if he is prone to being gassy.

I did the same as Garnet laying them over my knees on their tummy. Then rubbing their back or patting it.

Thanks ladies, yes am doing mid feeding burping :thumbup: he doesn't really like the over the knees thing :nope: it was when. Was burping him he did the massive :sick:

Just keep an eye on it and if he is vomiting a lot back up or is really uncomfortable and not at all happy after a feed then take him to your GP. I'm not sure what Colic symptoms are but I do know that Brooke vomited a lot with reflux and cried a lot after feeds because it is painful, we tried every formula on the market and nothing really worked except putting some pillows under the head of her cot to help stop things coming back up and the doctor gave her drops to try which helped a little.

Did I miss it? Have you tested Garnet?

How is little Adam now?

Video on Dr. Karp's soothing techniques (5 Ss)
(Saved my sanity when N was grizzly)
https://www.webmd.com/parenting/video/brazelton-crying-baby

If you're burping him adequately & keeping him somewhat upright during & after feed & he's still vomiting & grizzly, he may be sensitive to the BM and/or formula.

Do you combine the BM & formula when you feed him?

He seems a little better in terms of vomiting. Am trying the 5 Ss but will check out the video thanks indi.

Didn't get much sleep last night as he was asleep in the evening so will try and get a few naps in today :sleep::sleep:

My answer may not be popular but C wasn't happy unless she was held. Ever. The only time I could put her down was late at night. She would let others hold her. If out down she would cry. Until about 3 months old. And then she wouldn't tolerate it long at all until she was 6 months old. Babywearing was the only thing that got me thru. Have you tried that? Also I had to eliminate all dairy from my diet and use soy formula for supplementing. Apparently the cow's milk protein is hard to digest.

Yes, N was on partially hydrolized formula & did much better on it.

Oh no :(

Something must be bothering him, then.

It's going to be ok...we just need to figure it out...

Could you give him just BM one day & just formula the next?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->