The Wait that Never Ends!

blushed

Reaction score
I have been a lurker on this forum for years, but this 2ww has prompted me to finally join...I could really use the company!

I have charted all aspects of my cycle for the past couple of years using the iperiod app and I am one of those ladies whose cycle is so regular that it tends to predict my period and ovulation (according to ov tests and basal temp) pretty accurately every time. Sadly due to my DH having slow swimmers we have not yet been successful in conceiving --even with the added advantage of knowing we are BDing around the right time. Then again we only started actively trying again 4 months ago.

The 2ww always feels like an eternity and I am sometimes just grateful that it's over despite the outcome, but this time I was so excited when af went missing that it never occurred to me that the wait might just go on and on without providing any answers...

Every other month my cycles have been 33 days, but as of today I am now on CD 46!!!??? I have had two BFNs both after AF was a no show (1 was just yesterday) and I have a blood test scheduled for this upcoming Wednesday, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go crazy while I'm waiting.

I haven't had any of the symptoms that usually indicate af is on her way either. I generally get sore bbs the day after ov (sucks, because they tend to hurt the whole 2ww), this cycle they're not even a bit tender. My cm usually dries up after ov and comes back as light ewcm right before af shows, this time when it returned, it was a lot and hasn't gone away! I tend to get cramps in my upper thighs a few days before af, as well as twinges and pinching sensations all over my abdomen, this time with the exception of a very noticeable pinch on my right side at 12dpo, I've had nothing. In fact, any symptoms worth noting began after 14dpo. Since then I have had a slight, but noticeable lower back ache, tightness and constant pressure like someone is inflating a balloon inside my lower abdomen, and I find myself waking in the night to pee.

I know that it's not over until AF finally shows, but I can't help becoming a bit discouraged that I haven't been able to turn a pee stick positive and I am beginning to think that I am just experiencing a freak cycle. Just seems like hcg should be showing up by 5wks 5days if I was indeed expecting. Am I right? Just searching for a little hope!

That does sound very frustrating! Did you confirm ovulation this cycle with BBT? If not, it could be that you had an anovulatory cycle (it happens!). If so, well, any number of things could be going on -- and yes, that includes pregnancy. Some women, for whatever reason, just have a heck of a time getting a positive on a HPT even when they are quite pregnant! :)

Hi Dill, thanks for your reply. I confirmed ov for 12/13/17 based on both Lh test and bbt. I haven't poas again since Saturday, I don't want to waste my tests and honestly I'm not brave enough--bfn's are harder to take than the :witch: Nothing left to do but wait and wish until Wednesday.

My left breast became painful last night as I was going to bed and I thought, well, here she finally comes...but it was only the one side and by this morning it had vanished, my bubbies feel just fine now. So other than the constant bloated feeling I've had for the last week my body isn't giving any clues about what news I might get at the docs. :shrug:

Bear in mind that OPKs tell you when you're having an LH surge, but you can surge without a successful ovulation. So it gives you some potential advanced notice, but only BBT actually confirms that it happened. But if you've had good elevated temps, you should be good. Your luteal phase shouldn't vary by more than a day or two from cycle to cycle, though.

Yep, bbt confirms ovulation, temp shift 12/13/17 and still up with no dips. I go in for the blood test in the morning, 13 days late today and still only that crazy pressure low in my belly. No other symptoms. I will update as soon as I get the results. Wish me luck!

Good luck! I know some women just don't seem to show well on HPTs, so hopefully your blood test will confirm a healthy pregnancy! :D

Update: urine test bfn and blood results should be back this afternoon. At this point I'm pretty certain a urine test would be coming back positive if I was pregnant, so I don't have high hopes for the blood test having a different result. I guess it's just one of those crazy random things and I'll just have to keep waiting until af decides to finally make an appearance. (Sigh)

Update: urine test bfn and blood results should be back this afternoon. At this point I'm pretty certain a urine test would be coming back positive if I was pregnant, so I don't have high hopes for the blood test having a different result. I guess it's just one of those crazy random things and I'll just have to keep waiting until af decides to finally make an appearance. (Sigh)
Hi, do you have an update? I’m curious as I am in the same position hope all is well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->