The Walking Dead- Now showing on Channel 5!

babyerin

mama to one and pg
Reaction score
on FX?

If so what do you think?

I'm actually really enjoying it but it is more graphic than i first expected, lol :headspin:

edited cos TWD is now showing on channel 5- yay!

Yes! I am!
Husband is a zombie freak, so I've actually read the graphic novel and am enjoying the series adaptation. I think they're doing a good job so far. It's bleak and scary.

Yes i am! Love it! OH and I always make it our night as we both love it! Its really good!

Didnt realise there was a new series. I loe zombies. How far is it in? What channel is it on and also what time? Me and OH will watch it sounds really good

Didnt realise there was a new series. I loe zombies. How far is it in? What channel is it on and also what time? Me and OH will watch it sounds really good

Its on FX channel fridays @ 10pm and its 3 eps in I think.although it is repeated thru the week :).it is very very good, I love zombie stuff!

I won't post spoilers as katrina wants to watch it but I will say...I wonder how far he got last night without 'a helping hand' haha! Not far I don't think...omg can't wait til nxt week

I'm watching too, (although have a real Zombie phobia)
I have to say, it is a hell of lot LESS graphic then I was expecting (compared to the latest Zombie movies out ie Dawn of the Dead etc)
I think it is really good though as it follows the survivors story so well, so more about surviving an apocalypse rather than flesh eating Zombies!

FX channel is that on free view or sky? Sorry being dumb lol x

its on sky, dont think you can get it on freeview..although definitely worth a look :)

I have to say, it is a hell of lot LESS graphic then I was expecting (compared to the latest Zombie movies out ie Dawn of the Dead etc)
I think it is really good though as it follows the survivors story so well, so more about surviving an apocalypse rather than flesh eating Zombies!

Yeah i agree with that in relation to the actual biting scenes, but the bit where they smeared entrails over themselves and had hands and feet as scarves was a bit grim, lol

Yeah i agree with that in relation to the actual biting scenes, but the bit where they smeared entrails over themselves and had hands and feet as scarves was a bit grim, lol

yep, that was gross! but a good idea!
I am wondering where they are going to take it though...

yeah jaybee thats what i like about it it is not as predictable as others

exactly Babyerin, it is nice and original.
I wonder if they will tell us how the infection started?

My OH is going to look for a site to see if i can watch them online. Thank you and ill see what I think to them

I highly recommend the graphic novel. The series isn't following it exactly, so it won't give too much away.

Yeah, i was wondering that..cos he woke up in hospital ( a bit like 28 days later), i wonder how it starts in the book..

I highly recommend the graphic novel. The series isn't following it exactly, so it won't give too much away.

Is it of the same name? Who is it by? Will have a look i need a good read ;)

Yeah, i was wondering that..cos he woke up in hospital ( a bit like 28 days later), i wonder how it starts in the book..

Is it of the same name? Who is it by? Will have a look i need a good read ;)

The wiki link tells about the book and how it's broken down.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead
We bought the compendium. It's listed on Amazon, so I assume you can get it in the UK?
https://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1290356844&sr=1-1

ooh thankyou Sarahkka, wow looking at the book i really can't wait to see where this series goes ;)

:thumbup:

me me me me

can someone tell me how many have they seen

ive seen 2, have I missed any and can i catch up? thx x

theres been 3 episodes,

The first one
where he wakes up in the hospital, goes back to his house to find it empty, he sees the "walkers" for the first time and meets a father and son who he eventually leaves to go to the city BIG MISTAKE as he gets overrun and ends up hiding in a tank. There he recieves a CB radio msg from a gang watching him from a mall and they help him escape

The second one
where the gang are all hiding out in the mall, but the walkers know they are in there and the defences arent gonna hold forever, so they formulate a plan where they chop up a walker body and rub it over themselves...2 get out (the cop and the kid) and get a car, one is a distraction and the other reverses a van into the loading bay to free the others...they head out into the country. They leave behind a psycho man handcuffed to the roof...they dropped the key down the drain by accident

The third one
they end up finding a camp which has been shown to us a few times briefly, where the cops wife and the cops work partner and friends are (the cops wife and buddy have dtd, they thought the cop was dead). Because the distraction vehicle was stolen the alarm was going off so it had attracted walkers from miles around..there is a fight between the camp cos the psycho man left behind has a brother in camp so they go back to the city, to the rooftop where they left him for dead on the roof..and he is GONE! :O but he left his severed hand behind!

dunno where its available to catch up hun i just sky+ it, maybe youtube has some clips of it...remember channel FX on a friday!! 10pm i think, or FX+1 :D

HTH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->