The Walking Dead Season 2 Part 2

Carl is annoying me too :growlmad:

Im just reading the comics now :D it will be interesting to see how they play it out on screen :Dxx

Oh! Has the rest of Season 2 started up already?
I am WAAAAYYY behind! :)
I'll have to find these episodes and catch up with you guys.
Zombie goodness!

My general questions about zombie world are:
1) Why does no one ever address the fact that without humans to run them, all nuclear reactors will eventually have a meltdown, thereby adding to the apocalypse with a completely irradiated planet, and quickly relegating zombies to a very small problem in terms of survival?
2) Why doesn't the zombie "virus" or whatever it is spread to other mammals at least? From what we have gleaned so far, I see no reason why this virus could not jump species. I totally agree that zombie cows, cats, dogs, etc should be roaming around.

Those are my supergeek science nerd questions. :)

In the show, I think the zombie plague has only been going on for a few months or so? I'm sure people aren't thinking of the nuclear reactors and more about trying to stay alive. Upkeep of all sorts of things would eventually create a whole lot of chaos... Pretty scary to think about.

So pleased i found this thread! Love the show

Hate lori, she winds me up and i think Rick should just let Shane have her!

I am really pleased Glen is getting more storylines this season, i think he is a good character that needs to be explored!

Can't remember who asked but yep Andrew Lincoln was in This life - which was an awesome shop. He played Egg.
He was also in teachers - another brilliant show.
He was also in the films love actually and human traffic!

The second half of season two Is starting to move faster, the first half of the season was a little slow imo.

I think there will be more about the two cops without bites and suspect that they will start meeting more groups of survivors!

Does anyone else wish that Lori would just get savagely attacked and eaten by a horde of zombies :rofl: she is so annoying i just want to punch her!

Does anyone else wish that Lori would just get savagely attacked and eaten by a horde of zombies :rofl: she is so annoying i just want to punch her!

Whilst i would normally not wish a savage attack by zombies on anyone, i could make an exception for lori :rofl:

Whilst i would normally not wish a savage attack by zombies on anyone, i could make an exception for lori :rofl:

Me too. She always has the dumb surprised look on her face. I can't stand her.

I still have a crush on Daryl and I hope his nasty brother never makes a return on the show. I wonder if we will ever find out what happened to the father and son from the very beginning of the series.

In the show, I think the zombie plague has only been going on for a few months or so? I'm sure people aren't thinking of the nuclear reactors and more about trying to stay alive. Upkeep of all sorts of things would eventually create a whole lot of chaos... Pretty scary to think about.

I am being totally silly even posing that question, I know! :) But I can't help it - when someone creates a sci-fi kind of world, I always wonder about stupid details like that. :haha:
You notice I didn't question the plausibility of zombie-ness itself? Because a virus that reactivates the brain stem is apparently something I have no trouble accepting, but those pesky nuclear reactors!

FYI, though - I believe most reactors would have their meltdown within 2-5 days after their cooling systems ceased to run. And there are enough of them that I think any human survivors might get a few months in a radioactive wasteland before they succumbed. It's part of the post-apocalyptic world that very few writers ever address. I guess I just like my sci-fi to be as plausible as possible.
Time for me to exercise a little willing suspension of disbelief, I think! :)

I am being totally silly even posing that question, I know! :) But I can't help it - when someone creates a sci-fi kind of world, I always wonder about stupid details like that. :haha:
You notice I didn't question the plausibility of zombie-ness itself? Because a virus that reactivates the brain stem is apparently something I have no trouble accepting, but those pesky nuclear reactors!

FYI, though - I believe most reactors would have their meltdown within 2-5 days after their cooling systems ceased to run. And there are enough of them that I think any human survivors might get a few months in a radioactive wasteland before they succumbed. It's part of the post-apocalyptic world that very few writers ever address. I guess I just like my sci-fi to be as plausible as possible.

Nuclear reactors have a safety automatic shut down system in place. So we wouldn't have a meltdown, unless somewhere there was a very poorly maintained reactor facility. My husband works in this field.

I do think that would be more interesting to address, but then we wouldn't have much of a show left. :haha:

Nuclear reactors have a safety automatic shut down system in place. So we wouldn't have a meltdown, unless somewhere there was a very poorly maintained reactor facility. My husband works in this field.

But the automatic shutdown relies on electricity which would not be running.

By the way - I realize this is completely off topic and I apologize. I get obsessed with these extraneous details - but it usually means that the creators of the story have done a really good job with their "world".

Another off topic and kind of hilarious zombie thing:
https://runforyourlives.com/
I really want to do one of these! Zombie obstacle course race? Fun!

I do think that would be more interesting to address, but then we wouldn't have much of a show left. :haha:

I know.
Just one character after another quietly collapsing in the radioactive dust.
Probably not the gripping action we're looking for... :)

i cant stand carl either lol.

so is this scratch thing a new thing??? as im pretty sure most of the gang have been scratched, slobbered and splattered with zombie blood x

But the automatic shutdown relies on electricity which would not be running.

It is supposed to work like the equivalent of popping a breaker in your electrical panel. Then there are back up generators. But in a scenario like the walking dead, I am sure if that happened in real life they would be manually shut down when it was seen that the world was going to sh*t and no one was able to come to work there, etc.

I am always thinking about the little details in these shows too! Like after a few months in the baking sun of the South US, wouldn't these dead bodies broken down enough by now to at least not be as strong as they are? I can totally play along with the silly scenario of this virus that reactivates the brain stem, but they have to eat people is always too far. That's why I liked that movie the Crazies, because it was very believable. Not too incredibly far fetched.

feedindy - thank you for indulging my annoying obsession with these kinds of details! :) And yeah - in some zombie stories the zombies are incapacitated by winter (freezing, etc), then sort of reactivate as spring thaws them out. But at what point does the decay render them fairly harmless? You need nerve endings and muscles to move. Technically, there can't be much left for some of those zombies to function with.

Possible spoiler if anyone is planning to read the comic:
In the comic, they suddenly realize that anyone who dies is rising again. No explanation discovered for this by the end of the compendium (as far as I have read).

feedindy - thank you for indulging my annoying obsession with these kinds of details! :) And yeah - in some zombie stories the zombies are incapacitated by winter (freezing, etc), then sort of reactivate as spring thaws them out. But at what point does the decay render them fairly harmless? You need nerve endings and muscles to move. Technically, there can't be much left for some of those zombies to function with.

In the comic, they suddenly realize that anyone who dies is rising again. No explanation discovered for this by the end of the compendium (as far as I have read).

im reading the comics and its goin to be interesting how it all plays out! Im up t issue 92 atm, i dont suppose you know how many there are do you? :flower:

im reading the comics and its goin to be interesting how it all plays out! Im up t issue 92 atm, i dont suppose you know how many there are do you? :flower:

Sorry, I don't! I wish I could be of more help, but to be honest, I found the system of issue/volume/omnibus/compendium/etc extremely confusing. :wacko: When I bought the compendium, it was because it seemed to be the most complete set of the comics at the time. I'm waiting for the next compendium to come out before I get anymore.
You could try checking on Amazon or maybe on the publisher's website? :shrug:

Sorry, I don't! I wish I could be of more help, but to be honest, I found the system of issue/volume/omnibus/compendium/etc extremely confusing. :wacko: When I bought the compendium, it was because it seemed to be the most complete set of the comics at the time. I'm waiting for the next compendium to come out before I get anymore.
You could try checking on Amazon or maybe on the publisher's website? :shrug:
Thanks hun,iv not been able to get them over here so iv downloaded them and the last one i could fine was issue 92. it is confusing though,difficult to see where the beginning is,if its still going etc xx

Was looking for walking dead issue numbers and found this discussion:
https://www.comicvine.com/news/off-my-mind-the-walking-dead-zombie-outbreak/142631/
Kind of fun? :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->