They broke my driveway.... what would you do?

DCS

Reaction score
So our neighbours are haveing an extension built. We share a garden fence with them. Its their fence. While they were digging fence blew over. Now we can access their garden and there is a huge hole in the ground. Obviously lo being 2years old is curious and goes over to look at it. I drew a line on the floor a couple feet away and explained to lo and our dog they are only alowed to go as far as the line. Its working for now. Thing is the builder told me they would block it off on our side so itbwas abit safer. That was 2 weeks ago and they havnt done it yet.

Now my second issue is last thursday they had 2 cement mixer trucks onbour drive way. It completely broke all the slabs. So we cant park on our drive. The slabs move when you walk on them. Oh called our landlord and he spoke to them. They said they will replace the slabs for us. And said it would be completed the following evening. We havnt seen the builders since. Its causing such an issue. We linebon a cul de sac. Right at the end. And my car is hanging off the driveway. If i park on the road im blocking other people from getting out. And when we go out its a nightmare gettling lo into the car because of there the car is parked there isnt enough space to fully open the door. And when lo walks tobthe car the slabs all wobnle and move.

Im not sure if i should go round and ask when it will be done. my gujrati isnt brilliant. I could ask thr landlord to go round butbi dont want to be a pain.

What would you do?

ide contact the landlord again, just say youve not seen the builders for days & its becoming annoying getting LO in the car xx

I txt him earlier and he said he would pop round today or tomorrow and have a word. Was speaking to a different builder and he said it would cost about 700 pound to get redone. And he would give us a written quote to show the neighbours. Hopeing that might encourage them to get on with it rather than us get it done and send them the bill.
Oh seems to think next doors builder are not coming back.

It does sound like they aren't coming back. I hope it gets sorted soon x

I would be beyond upset and I would ring my landlord's number off of the hook - forget "bothering" him. You are being completely inconvenienced right now and it's putting a damper on your routine and how you go about your day. I would also be walking next door and letting them know the damage needs to be fixed right away or legal issues will begin to arise. I am not sure how the law works in the UK but here in the US when someone is at fault for damage done on your property or landlord's property they become liable. I also believe the building company is at fault the most, they are the ones who made the mistakes that caused this entire mess and they still have refused to fix what they've done wrong.

I would be ringing their company and letting them know if this was not taken care of you will be taking further action.

So landlord came round and spoke to next door. The guy said his builders will fix our driveway when they come back to work. Apparently they are waiting for the cement to dry. The cement was put down last thursday. Landlord expained that it was a pain because we use our drive and atm we cant and said it needs to be done asap. But the guy insissted tht would do it when they came to do his house. The guy next door seems like a bit of an a hole tbh. He was argueing with landlord about how his builders would be fixing the pavement. Landlord explaind they are not insured etc and that council would do it and send him a bill. He works for the council road ppl so know how these thingswork. Guy next door just didnt want to hear it.

Its such a pain. Because of them i cant take lo out to play in the back or the front. And the dog needa constant supervision which means i have to take lo out back with me and then he wantsto play outside.

So landlord came round and spoke to next door. The guy said his builders will fix our driveway when they come back to work. Apparently they are waiting for the cement to dry. The cement was put down last thursday. Landlord expained that it was a pain because we use our drive and atm we cant and said it needs to be done asap. But the guy insissted tht would do it when they came to do his house. The guy next door seems like a bit of an a hole tbh. He was argueing with landlord about how his builders would be fixing the pavement. Landlord explaind they are not insured etc and that council would do it and send him a bill. He works for the council road ppl so know how these thingswork. Guy next door just didnt want to hear it.

Its such a pain. Because of them i cant take lo out to play in the back or the front. And the dog needa constant supervision which means i have to take lo out back with me and then he wantsto play outside.

If they don't get a move on, put it in writing to your landlord that your concerned about the safety of your child whilst playing out.
They will be worried about being sued and hopefully hurry up

Hope its sorted soon :flower:
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"