Things not looking good, is there any hope left?

flamingpanda

Reaction score
Haven't posted in a while but found out recently we are expecting our 3rd. I took a test on the 26th of Nov and the indicator suggested we were 5+ weeks. I have no clue when my last period was and this was all a bit of a surprise. We don't have a dating scan until Jan 11th. However the last few weeks I've been getting quite a bit of mucus when I wipe. I would say it's been there maybe 50% of the time. Last week it started to turn a bit pink and I was getting the odd streak of blood. It is only when I wipe and if I wipe again I don't get anymore. I didn't worry too much at first but as it's continued I phoned my midwife. She didn't sound too worried but suggested as I had a bit of mild back ache that morning I should phone the EPU to get checked over. Well we were scanned yesterday and they can't see the baby. Just the sac measuring 6 weeks. They questioned my dates and when I told them seemed pretty certain it's a mmc. Because it's my first scan they want to see me again next week to see if there is any change. Obviously we're really upset but I can't help but find myself wondering if there is any possibility the dates could be wrong or they might still see something next week? I realise I am probably torturing myself but is there anyway the test I took could have overestimated how far along I am? Has anyone seen so little measuring 6 weeks and seen the baby at a later date? I know hope is slim (we saw our first with a heartbeat at 5 1/2 weeks) but I feel I can't just give up on it yet. I just can't see how the numbers would work. Even if I pretend the test was a week out and I was 4 weeks, I would still be almost 9 by now. :( Happy to hear any stories, good or bad.

Oh hun. I'm sorry you're going through this. It sounds a lot like my situation. I too was on my third pregnancy (2 healthy babies) and this one was a surprise. I didn't know my dates, but I think I was late on in the third trimester. I went in for my scan to date me and there was a small sac and not much else. I knew I couldn't be as early as that scan looked, so I just knew that I would miscarry. Sadly a week later a second scan confirmed missed miscarriage. I hate to say it but going from when you tested I would prepare for the worst and hope for the best. I don't rate the digital pregnancy tests that date you in weeks. I hear so many unaccurate reports of them. However even if you were only 4 weeks on the 26th November that would still make you 9 weeks now. I'm sorry to come on and say this. I nearly didn't post, but you said you wanted experiences good and bad. I would take a lot of pleasure in being wrong for you though. For me having the extra week to grieve helped and I took the first scan as confirmation of miscarriage. The second scan was necessary but unpleasant of course!

I am now pregnant again after my MMC. Am only 4 +4 though and very nervous after last time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->