Things we dislike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrapping. It stresses me out
The days leading up to x mas, theres never anything to do as I refuse to go most places as it's so busy
Christmas cards and the fact there is always some distant relation who's wrote you a card and you haven't got them one back..!

Wrapping!

I ended up swearing at a bottle of bloody shower gel the other day because I just couldn't wrap it. Did an awful job and hid it at the bottom of the stocking :shhh:

Christmas pudding, what's that about? Vile.

Opening presents in front of people! I spend so much time thinking that I look like I hate something that when I genuinely love something, I look like I'm lying :lol:

The christmas cards you get from the houses in your street are lovely... But when they're scrawled and I can't read their names, it drives me crazy! Now whoever lives at No. 53 will forever be a mystery! Looks a bit like 'sausagehilm' and 'jacketanda'...

Wrapping!

I ended up swearing at a bottle of bloody shower gel the other day because I just couldn't wrap it. Did an awful job and hid it at the bottom of the stocking :shhh:

Opening presents in front of people! I spend so much time thinking that I look like I hate something that when I genuinely love something, I look like I'm lying :lol:

The christmas cards you get from the houses in your street are lovely... But when they're scrawled and I can't read their names, it drives me crazy! Now whoever lives at No. 53 will forever be a mystery! Looks a bit like 'sausagehilm' and 'jacketanda'...

You get cards from your neighbors? We are all super stingy with our cards and who gets them, lol! Pretty much only family and close friends, they are too expensive to send to more than that.

Wrapping!

You get cards from your neighbors? We are all super stingy with our cards and who gets them, lol! Pretty much only family and close friends, they are too expensive to send to more than that.

You can get cards really cheap here (which the neighbour cards usually are) and unlike the U.S. we have letter slots in our front door (instead of mailboxes on the street or po boxes) so the neighbours just pop the cards through your door so no need for a stamp.

Wrapping!

You can get cards really cheap here (which the neighbour cards usually are) and unlike the U.S. we have letter slots in our front door (instead of mailboxes on the street or po boxes) so the neighbours just pop the cards through your door so no need for a stamp.

That makes much more sense, thank you:)

Lol! I wonder if they are related to my neighbours Brendyk and Stindo?

:rofl:

Maybe our mystery named neighbours are related!

I make sure I write 'C h a r l o t t e' reaaaally clearly :lol: xxx

at least your neighbours put names on, albeit illegible, lol. One I recieved today say 'from Number 4'

Yeah, really helpful. :dohh:

I don't send them to neighbours, they're nice in the close but like your invisible in town.

i hate buying for the in laws they have everything they need-SIL quit her job so told us not doing adults which is fine been saying do kids only for ages but BIL said we will still get you a little something and she said dont bother im at that age that if i dont like it or wont use it i will say...shes always been like this lol :dohh:

having to buy seperate cards from the kids to nans uncles and aunties it costs a fortune and only end up in the bin!my side of family dont bother .

i hate opening presents in front of people scrutinising whether you like it:wacko: last year we selected different ales for FIL all with lovely labels and things of interest to him he didnt even look in the bag till DH mentioned it:dohh:

Again only i drive on my side of family so i end up driving round everyone.

I give DH plenty of suggestions what to buy me and he will leave it to xmas eve saying he doesnt know what to buy me.:shrug:

Supermarkets in December doesnt matter what time you go the car park is suddenly rammed 24/7.:growlmad:

how much weight i put on:blush:

Rude people in stores
Mince Meat Pie's :sick:
The fact you can't say Merry Christmas anymore without worrying about offending someone :nope:

Ooh I like this. I hate in no particular order:

Tinsel
Crap Christmas no1s (I also hate all Band Aid versions - sorry. The lyrics are just nonsense "do they know its Christmas..." Well the Christians do, and I reckon all the non-Christians probably don't care...)
Tidying up afterwards
That there isn't enough weekends in December
Post office queues
And my biggest one....

That OH reckons it all happens by magic! Anything that requires time or prep is optional or should be limited to a pre-specified time slot. He sucks all the fun out of it!

One thing I'm hating this year is not being able to get up in the loft to get the presents down to wrap! DH has banned me from climbing up the ladder while I'm pregnant. I was still doing it until a few weeks ago, but the pregnancy clumsiness and cack-handedness has kicked in recently, so probably not worth the risk just now. So I have to wait for DH to get his arse in gear and get up there!

Oh for a pp I also can't stand the new band aid song....mostly because bono is still singing in it! Cant stand that man.

Urgh! Bono is such a *bleep*

Buying for the in laws. I never know what to get and OH is useless!

Wrapping....I like the idea of it but never get organised and end up having to have an epic wrapping session.

Shops at Christmas. Too. Many. People.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79