Think I have an infection or something Update Pg 2 Protein in urine

Barbles

Mum to 1 & cooking 1 more
Reaction score
I think I may have an infection or something. Im getting pains that arent what I would call sharp and they arent constant but they make me gasp a bit when I have one. Then I have a bit of a dull ache.
Has anyone else had these sorts of pains and had an infection. I was thinking like a urine infection or something.
I dont think there is anything serious wrong but I think I better get checked out.
The only other thing I can think it may be is SPD but I had that last time and it doesnt feel the same

I know you've had children before but could they be Braxton Hick contractions? These are fairly common at the stage you are, normally they are ignorable but occassionally can be quite painful. Usually only last a few seconds and happens fairly low, caused because your cervix is stretching.
Mine were quite intense and I had to sit down whilst having them, just a suggestion otherwise I'd get it checked out. xx

I did think about BH but these are different to that, I had them quite a lot with my daughter albeit when I was very pregnant.
I dont feel unwell or anything just getting these pains.

I would say they are BH, if they become severe then go to the hospital.

I had sharp pains and went t doc today just t b on safe side and I have a UTI. And have antibiotics now. There's no harm in getting checked just t be sure xx

I had sharp pains and went t doc today just t b on safe side and I have a UTI. And have antibiotics now. There's no harm in getting checked just t be sure xx

Were your pains in the front or the back? Also are you peeing a lot? I have never had a UTI before so dont really know the symptoms. My friend said you get the pains in your back if its a urine infection but my are in the front.

The sharp pains were in the front yes but I started to get backache over last few days too. Also I need to wee every 15mins ish yeah xx

The sharp pains were in the front yes but I started to get backache over last few days too. Also I need to wee every 15mins ish yeah xx

Thanks, I think this is what I have got, I'm sure. I keep peeing all the time but put it down to 'pregnant women pee a lot' :haha:

Thanks, I think this is what I have got, I'm sure. I keep peeing all the time but put it down to 'pregnant women pee a lot' :haha:

That's exactly what I was like. Jus get checked out it won't harm you and better to get it sorted if u have ul be fine chic :) xx

I had sharp pains on one side at the front when I was 9 weeks. Ended up in hospital as they thought I had an ectopic- turned out to be a UTI.

So I went to the drop in centre and seen a nurse. She tested my pee and said it didnt come up with a urine infection but I did have protein in my pee meaning I may have some sort of infection. Bit confusing really. She told me to rest up, drink lots of water, take paracetamol and go to my normal GPs tomorrow so they can do a culture to see what sort of infection it is. She didnt want to give me anti-biotics becuase Im pregnant and wanted to make sure first.
So now Im all confused, has anyone else had protein in their urine and had an urine / any other infection?

Still getting these pains and feeling unusually tired today so of course being a normal pregnant woman I am panicking :dohh: Im avoiding Dr Google though

I'm not sure but i was in docs today with chest infection and I too had protein, blood and some white cells in my urine. It's been sent off for a culture. Good luck at the GPs tomorrow x

When I saw my midwife at 16 weeks, she said there was a trace of protien in my urine and sent it off but I never heard anything back so I assume all was ok. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->