Thinking of going for Baby Number 2??

Siinead__

NTNP/TTC #2
Reaction score
Hi everyone.. dont think i've ever posted on here before lol! But here goes.. Well Im 20 years old, have an amazing two-year-old daughter & fanastic fiancé! My sister had her first baby yesterday, a wee boy called Riley. He's amazing!! So ofcourse that has made me and my fiancé broody lol! We always talked about having another child but though maybe the timing wasnt right? Im at college trying to get grades to get into Midwifery at University and my boyfriend has a good job I still have another year left at college and then would have to do 3 years at uni.. Or if i didn't get into direct midwifery I was going to do nursing which is 3 years, apply for an 18 month midwifery course but you have to be working for 6 months before you can apply. So we talked about having a child after uni but that would in 4-6 years time & our daughter would be between 6 & 8 =/ We're also getting married in 2014 so said we didn't want to have another child til after that but we're starting to think that having another one after uni will be too long!?
Was just looking some advice really on what you think we should do? Till anyone who has two young children is it harder? would you have waited if you could? Don't really know what we should do.. people are telling us to wait and others are saying they wish they didn't leave a big gap between their children..
I have also been on the pill for the last 2 years but my fiancé and I got pregnant with our first child the first time we had sex. How quickly do you think i could get pregnant second time round?
So all advice and opinions are more than welcome xx

No one can say how fast you could get pregnant. I was on the pill for 10 y and it took 6 months to get regular cycles.
I don't think the speed you got pregnant first time is relevant really, it's all chance I say - my first took 3 months, 2 years later it took 6 months. But I was probably healthier. So who knows about these things. All chance I say.

I had 2 years between my babies. It is a lot more work and
Unless you have a lot of support I couldn't imagine studying with having my 2... But we have no family near and don't use a nanny or babysitters. Being a mum is my full time job.
That said I love the age gap between my two - they are starting to play together and will be the best of friends.

Financially it's a bigger deal ofcourse. But I was lucky to get 2 boys so clothes can be recycled!
Good luck making your decision!

It's ur decision but could you not finish the course your on now take time out to have a baby then go to uni after lo is here that is what my friends doin! Wer going to start trying for no 2 I'm 22 and lo is 9 month old! Xx

i plan to have baby and go back couple of weeks later to finish course if i manage to get pregnant while still in the course that is :) then still apply for uni & if i dont get in take a year out & spend it with the kids :) but not everything goes to plan... lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->