This can't be right, 8 week injections when she's 10 weeks?

S

Serene123

I got the appointment letter through today for her 8 week injections. It's on August 14th. She'll be 10 weeks old on the 15th. Surely it should be when she's 8 weeks old? I'm gonna ask me midwife on Monday but I'm just wondering if anyone elses has been like this?

:wacko:

They gave me an appointment for july 26th, he'll be 3 and a half month old! I said f*ck that and turned to a private hospital. Got an appointment on tuesday june 17th instead.

The nurses at the public hospital said it didn't matter if he would be 3.5 month old, but I thought that they don't suggest you do it at 2 month for nothing.

why should it be a problem, when it's done two weeks later???

we postponed the first one by a week and the third one even by a month, you just have to make sure you are still in the timeframe for the boosters to be still effective :hi:

i think the 1st one they can give you a appointment in between 6 - 8 weeks as i asked today as my baby is 6 weeks thursday and still had no letter for appointment xx

I don't think it matters, all of Bethanie's jabs have been a little delayed.

My health vistor says its fine as lonh as they have their 1st lot by 12 weeks. Kyle had his at 11 weeks because I missed the 1st appointment, whoops!

Hannah is getting her first batch of jabs next week at just over 8 weeks. She is not getting her 6 week check on the other hand until she is almost 10 weeks as the surgery is very busy and one of the staff has just retired.

Kira has only just had her first lot of injections, It doesn't really matter as long as they get their injections, they say 8 weeks but when u ask they say 8 to 15 weeks.

Rhiannon just got her last lot of jabs yesterday and she is 18weeks today...
f*****s she had fallen asleep and they didnt let her wake up enough before stabbing her..frightenend the life out of the poor sod!!!

p.s
had a good tip from a nanny, when they come out after jabs give them some milk to drink (bottle/boob) it comforts them, not a lot only a couple of oz's..
its worked every time on Rhiannon...
and my healthvisitor told me to give her calpol 5 mins before her injections (because in her words, their thigh is going to ache after it and the calpol makes it ache less, and she said because calpol bring down temp, just use a thermometer for first 24hrs, checking say every 6)

dont think it matters she is a little late though hun x

Erica just had hers yesterday and she is 10 weeks. We did delay it by one week since we were out of town tho. No big deal tho imo, I think its primarily a guide.

Hmm, I wouldn't know but I havn't been told anything about injections yet and my little man will soon be 6 weeks old. My health visitor just stopped turning up about 2 weeks ago and I have no idea what I'm meant to do next!

this is fairly typical I'd say and will probably mean that they're be at least a 2 week delay on them all now :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->