this is my wee man sleeping pattern

mylittlebubs

Reaction score
My baby boy is 6 weeks old now and since he's born he wants feeding every 1-2 hours, so you can imagine he never slept for more than 2 hours then he would wake up for another feed. ( i breastfeed )
At night is the same, after i bath him and feed him and put him in his cot, 2 hours later he would wake up for food,then take me 30 minutes or so to put him back to sleep. after that he might sleep for 2 hours and feed and then 1 hour and feed,1 hour and feed until the morning. so i would have to get up 4-6 times a night. Apart from that is fine,he's happy and healthy BUT I wish i could get a longer sleep in one hit.
I'm used to this pattern now though and i don;t mind ,but it would be nice to get 3-4 hours in one go don';t you think

any advice please:hugs:

Sorry no advice, we were lucky and Hannah fell into a pretty decent sleep pattern early on (but she's formula fed)

Why dont you try co-sleeping? I had the same pattern you had until one night out of exhaustion I placed Skyler with me in my bed. First night I woke up feeling rested. Continued doing it since then and he loves it. Easier to feed too. He does sleep during the day in his crib though. Dr.Sears (America's Nr.1 pediatrician) also recommends it. https://www.askdrsears.com/html/7/T071000.asp

Yeah I co-sleep and Caitlyn now sleeps through, sometimes she will wake up but she is right next to me so I don't have to get out of bed, my boobs are ready and waiting!

Yeah I co-sleep and Caitlyn now sleeps through, sometimes she will wake up but she is right next to me so I don't have to get out of bed, my boobs are ready and waiting!

I did that last night putting him in bed with me all night because i can't get up 4-5 times to pick him up,i just get too tired to carry him ( worry about dropping him)
but still he wakes up a lot, the good thing is i just feed him there and no need to walk about. but he didn't sleep for more than 2 hours in one go anyway:dohh:

Humm wish I could help you but hes so young it will take some time .. mabey hes got his night and day messed up .. I know max did for a while

Once my LO hit right around 12 weeks old, she started sleeping that blessed 4-6 hour stretch.
:happydance:

my baby is exacly the same feeding every 1-2 hours i also breastfeed, i will keep reading this thread for advise, good post....

thanxxxxxx

i had a very similar pattern with my little guy until last week. he would waken up every 1-2 hours for a feed and i was shattered. he is 8 weeks old now.

he now sleeps from about 9.30pm to 3am and then wakes for a feed. he then sleeps again from about 3.30ish to 7.30am and then wants another feed. he then sleeps from 8am to 10.30am and is up for the rest of the day.

i am happy with his new routine. i am not so tired and he chose it.

i have no advice other than it will sort itself out and your baby will choose his own routine and it will just happen suddenly.

Good luck.

:hug:

Christine
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012