This morning

i dont think anyone should assume they dont spend enough time with their child. how on earth would any of us know how much time they devote to their child.

I'd do it for safety. not because i wanted to rest. but how is a concern about his safety not child-centered?

It really annoyed me when he dropped in that he was falling asleep in meetings trying to close million pound deals. SO WHAT?! What a bloody show off.

He totally lost my sympathy at this point too.

why did he lose your sympathy? his childs night time behaviour was affecting his ability to do his job doesn't matter what his job is? bet you wouldn't be saying this if he was a Dr or a surgeon with other peoples lives in his hands! he could of easily lost his job and put his family in great risk of losing their home, becoming homeless. what would you think of that?

with regards to having your baby/toddler co sleeping with you my best friends sister would still keep getting into her parents bed when she was 12! They had to put a lock on their bedroom door to break her of this habit!

I personally am all for controlled crying which I will be doing with my youngest in Feb as I did with my eldest. As Philip Schofield said with regards to his daughter whats the difference with a child being in a cot that they can't get out of and not being picked up screaming his/her head off and being locked in their bedroom?

I know I am going to get jumped on for my views by some people who are very closed minded so go ahead as, it really doesn't bother me or will upset me if you do will be interested to hear rational views on this.

It really annoyed me when he dropped in that he was falling asleep in meetings trying to close million pound deals. SO WHAT?! What a bloody show off.

why did he lose your sympathy? his childs night time behaviour was affecting his ability to do his job doesn't matter what his job is? bet you wouldn't be saying this if he was a Dr or a surgeon with other peoples lives in his hands! he could of easily lost his job and put his family in great risk of losing their home, becoming homeless. what would you think of that?

with regards to having your baby/toddler co sleeping with you my best friends sister would still keep getting into her parents bed when she was 12! They had to put a lock on their bedroom door to break her of this habit!

I personally am all for controlled crying which I will be doing with my youngest in Feb as I did with my eldest. As Philip Schofield said with regards to his daughter whats the difference with a child being in a cot that they can't get out of and not being picked up screaming his/her head off and being locked in their bedroom?

I know I am going to get jumped on for my views by some people who are very closed minded so go ahead as, it really doesn't bother me or will upset me if you do will be interested to hear rational views on this.

It was just that he dropped in he was trying to close a million pound deal. I totally agree; it doesn't matter whether he was closing a deal or working in a supermarket checkout. It sounded to me as though he felt he was justified in doing it because he has a 'high flying' job.

I guess with controlled crying you are still regularly checking in on your child so they know you're there. If you are locking them in a room and going off downstairs (this is what it said in the article) then it's different, IMHO.

Because I don't really see why on earth it mattered that he was doing million pound deals. I think anyone doing their job suffers with sleep deprivation whether they are a bin man or a surgeon. That detail felt showy and unnecessary to the discussion.

I completely agree with this. I don't understand why the fact he works with big money contracts can make the actions they had to take any better or worse. Sounds like jealousy to me.....

I cant say what I would do in that situation as I have never been there but if my son was putting himself in danger then I would definitely resort to this.

I don't see how a child fiddling around with kitchen appliances can lead you to the assumption that the parents don't spend any time with him. I would have thought he would go to the parents room if he wanted them.....

I completely agree with this. I don't understand why the fact he works with big money contracts can make the actions they had to take any better or worse. Sounds like jealousy to me.....

I cant say what I would do in that situation as I have never been there but if my son was putting himself in danger then I would definitely resort to this.

I don't see how a child fiddling around with kitchen appliances can lead you to the assumption that the parents don't spend any time with him. I would have thought he would go to the parents room if he wanted them.....

Why does it mean jealousy?! I personally don't like people who bring up cash in discussions where I don't think it's relevant.

If that was you and you didn't agree with what they did then what would you have done ? I'm not sure there's much of an alternative

Oh believe me I am not jealous. It's just not relevant.

Your following point is a good one though. The child would probably have been crawling into his mum and dads bed if he missed them.

Because I don't really see why on earth it mattered that he was doing million pound deals. I think anyone doing their job suffers with sleep deprivation whether they are a bin man or a surgeon. That detail felt showy and unnecessary to the discussion.

and my point is is doesn't matter what job he does it was affecting his ability to do it to the company's expectations and lets face it alot of company's don't care if you are having sleepless nights due to your children what they care about is their employee's doing their jobs. losing his job due to falling asleep would of been one of the worst things that could happen to any family. I feel he was letting the public know exactly how much the sleep deprivation was affecting his whole life as, there would be people watching who don't have children and have no idea what continous sleepless nights does to you

Why does it mean jealousy?! I personally don't like people who bring up cash in discussions where I don't think it's relevant.

he mentioned it because its apart of his job. you wouldnn't be moaning like this if he said my hands were shaking so much and my vision was blurry during the operation i have no idea how I got through it and the patient survived!

I'm torn on this one. I have done CC with my youngest 2 which worked a treat. With my eldest DS, he went through a phase of getting out of bed constantly, despite the fact he had slept right through from being 3 weeks old. I would sit at the top of the stairs and as soon as he opened the door, take him back. Some nights I would be sat there hours, but it worked.

I do think if they had persevered with 1 method, rather than 'trying everything' they might have been a bit more successful. Saying that, I don't think they are awful parents or anything and to me, they clearly care about him. Now Mum and Dad are happy, Toddler is happy. I think there are worst things a parent can do. Not for me, but each to their own.

and my point is is doesn't matter what job he does it was affecting his ability to do it to the company's expectations and lets face it alot of company's don't care if you are having sleepless nights due to your children what they care about is their employee's doing their jobs. losing his job due to falling asleep would of been one of the worst things that could happen to any family. I feel he was letting the public know exactly how much the sleep deprivation was affecting his whole life as, there would be people watching who don't have children and have no idea what continous sleepless nights does to you[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I agree with you on this; I just think he could have made that point without mentioning that he was trying to close a million pound deal! He could have just said he was falling asleep at work.

It's all a bit too Daily Mail for me.

But I'll shoosh now as I am straying from the main topic :flower:

and my point is is doesn't matter what job he does it was affecting his ability to do it to the company's expectations and lets face it alot of company's don't care if you are having sleepless nights due to your children what they care about is their employee's doing their jobs. losing his job due to falling asleep would of been one of the worst things that could happen to any family. I feel he was letting the public know exactly how much the sleep deprivation was affecting his whole life as, there would be people watching who don't have children and have no idea what continous sleepless nights does to you[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I agree with you on this; I just think he could have made that point without mentioning that he was trying to close a million pound deal! He could have just said he was falling asleep at work.

It's all a bit too Daily Mail for me.

But I'll shoosh now as I am straying from the main topic :flower:

it doesnt make much of a statement if he just said he was falling asleep at work. he coukd have a mundane office job. but he nearly fell asleep at an important meeting that would of cost him his job and put his family in jepordy. i dont think he was showing off. i dont know why money is such a taboo subject.

did they put a lock on the kitchen door?that would have been best if it was a safety issue.

and lets be fair CC is not what they did.

sleep deprivation is horrid but i think id have let the fecker move out.

he mentioned it because its apart of his job. you wouldnn't be moaning like this if he said my hands were shaking so much and my vision was blurry during the operation i have no idea how I got through it and the patient survived!

Agree to disagree?! :flower:

If that was you and you didn't agree with what they did then what would you have done ? I'm not sure there's much of an alternative

here here. they put their childs safety first and all other reasons were secondry

also, for the poster who said about 6mths trying other options didn't sound like they tried for very long. how long would you give other options baring in mind what the child was doing? i think 6mths was waiting abit too long

It made me feel sick TBH, im not against CC for older toddlers but they did not do that. They locked him in his bedroom for 12 hours a night for 5 months. If they were concerned for his safety because he was going in the kitchen put a lock on the kitchen door? They say they tried everything over 6 months, how long were they trying it for? It sounded to me they tried something for a few days gave up and then tried something else.

I work with adults with learning disabilitys and if i did that to a client i would be up for neglect.

Not once did he say they tried to find out why he was waking so much or what he was wanting when he was going in the kitchen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->