Those of you with gender scans coming up in February/March! 44-Pink, 43-Blue Bumps!!

Had rescan today with different consultant who said again its most likely boy so I'm taking that as def as two consultants both said same!! Here is a pic of his face lying like on a pillow! He is perfect!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 3
I came back from the scan. I am extremely upset. The doctor told me to come today and that they would be able to tell the sex, I took an appointment and they asked for what it was, so I said "16 weeks to tell the sex".

I came in today and the doctor refused to say the sex. She said that they only tell from 18 weeks and that she was not even going to take a guess. She did some potty shot time but did not print out the pictures and when they asked at the beginning if I wanted a tape my husband and mom said no! I wish I had stood up for myself and said yes so I could look back at the scan.

She took like maybe 4 minutes measuring everything, she showed us the genitals and from what I have seen on in-gender it looks like there is no penis, so girl, but I can't say because I am not a doctor. Baby was measuring ahead at 17 weeks so she told me to come back next wednesday to tell me the sex, she said she would just do a quick check and not a complete scan so she wouldn't charge me again. Baby had legs open and was not being modest either, so mad!!!

im so sorry! sometimes theyre so rude! they coulve totally told you the sex!

Argh borr that sounds so frustrating. I'd have gone nuts. Why did they let you book a gender scan if they wouldn't honour it? :/

borr.dg.baby-- omgosh, how frustrating!! I would have been livid!! I am glad they are agreeing to do a rescan next week for you at no charge, but to allow you to schedule for today when they should have known ahead of time you were going to want to know the sex, is just so rude!!! And I am sure, if they got good potty shots, they could have told you today! :hugs: to you hun!

thethompsons--glad you got your confirmation on a boy, congrats!!

The baby was being completely cooperative, she just refused to say. I can understand if they cannot tell because the baby is crossing his legs or something like that. I just don't understand why they would book me for a gender scan and then refuse to do it, it's really emotionally awful.

Oh no that's terrible borr, I know you will have been so excited. They would have been able to tell you surely even if she said they would do a rescan to check but I think it is a ??? That would have helped!
I'm sorry, they better make it up to you next time, have you complained?

I did complain and I also called my doctor and complained again. If she would have taken a guess and then next week confirmed I would have been fine with it, I would not have felt cheated. It's not like she didn't see anything, she even put her guess on her report but wont tell me.

I did complain and I also called my doctor and complained again. If she would have taken a guess and then next week confirmed I would have been fine with it, I would not have felt cheated. It's not like she didn't see anything, she even put her guess on her report but wont tell me.

That's disgusting, especially as I read on your other thread that you paid for the scan! :nope:
No wonder you are so peeved!

Yes I payed for it! My insurance wont refund me for it because it really has no purpose other than to see the sex!

that is terrible. they definately can tell the sex at 16 weeks!!!

I am team pink. i was so convinced i was having another boy. now we will have one of each. we are done!

Have my scan today!! So excited - just trying to get my kids ready for school so we can hurry up and go!

Will come back on later and update! :)

Congratulations lisanicole on your pink bump!

GL today stardust!

It's a girl!!!

I must admit I'm a little surprised. I kind of thought boy, but I really wasn't sure. And I was sure that I wouldn't be surprised either way. But then when we were sitting there talking about it after, I realised I was actually kind of surprised!

But we are very happy! Yay, lots of tulle skirts and legwarmers! (I already have 3 girls, and 1 boy, hence the surprise I think...)

And because she is already proving stubborn and wouldn't lie in the right position, we get to go back for another scan in a couple of weeks (and because we paid a ridiculously high amount to have the 4D scan instead of getting it free with the standard 2D, we get a freebie next time!) So hopefully that means more pics in two weeks time, and definitely means we get to see our little girl again!!!

Oh! And doubly exciting - the hematoma that has caused us so much grief during this pregnancy seems to be completely gone as well, so yay!!! :)

Borr, that's so upsetting! I had the same thing happen to me with our first baby (sort of). I had no clue, but apparently some imaging labs in my area won't tell you the sex until you are a certain number of weeks along. I've heard it has to do with the fact that there are certain populations in the area (Chinese, Indo-Canadians) who value boys over girls and might choose to abort solely based on gender. I had no idea, so I went for my scan at 19 weeks, and they wouldn't tell me the result until I was 21 weeks! I was so mad and emotional!

I don't know why they aren't telling you, but I understand why you are upset.

I'm not sure if the place I'm going for my scan will tell me the sex right away or not. I'll only be 18.5 weeks, but I really hope they tell me and I don't have to wait 2 weeks!

Had my gender scan last night and its a baby boy and girl :) :happydance: they are wonderful!!!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->