Those of you with gender scans coming up in February/March! 44-Pink, 43-Blue Bumps!!

girlinyork - good point!! :) I'm super excited about the surprise of finding out in a couple weeks!

GirlyGirl3 - I bet that does seem forever away! But I'm sure time will fly by! Especially if you already have a son to keep up with! You will be finding out before you know it!

HopefulCookie - I am the exact same way. I know boy is a possibility and occasionally I think just maybe. But deep down my true gut feeling is girl. It's so bad I almost refer to any movement, for example, being "her moving" going to be tough to break that habit if we are indeed having a boy :dohh:

MiraclesHappn, I hope you don't mind that I started a thread specifically for March scans. I'm not trying to take over or anything, but I just thought that your thread might get a little big with both months included! :flower:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...-scan-date-dont-forget-update-afterwards.html

28 girl guesses to 14 boy guesses. Will be very surprised if that's how it ends up :) it'll be more around 21 each more likely ;)

Fun math: if half the boy guesses are wrong and half the girl guesses are wrong the numbers will even themselves out ;)

MiraclesHappn, I hope you don't mind that I started a thread specifically for March scans. I'm not trying to take over or anything, but I just thought that your thread might get a little big with both months included! :flower:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...-scan-date-dont-forget-update-afterwards.html

Nope, that's fine! We just had one of ours on here find out her ultrasound got pushed back to March since she wasn't as far along as they originally thought, so I decided to include March as an option so I could keep her on the list. We had some in January as well. I'm sure most will prefer the thread solely dedicated to March, but anyone is welcome on here still too! :)

28 girl guesses to 14 boy guesses. Will be very surprised if that's how it ends up :) it'll be more around 21 each more likely ;)

Fun math: if half the boy guesses are wrong and half the girl guesses are wrong the numbers will even themselves out ;)

Haha that's a good math observation! :) I have noticed more and more that almost all of the predictions I'm getting are for pink bumps! Some of us will be wrong for sure, as I bet, like you do, that it will be pretty close to half and half. So ready to start getting some answers to put down!!

Haven't posted in this thread, but thought I'd add mine! My 19 week scan is on Feb. 21st, and we are definitely finding out if it's a boy or girl! I have 4 children from my previous marriage, this will be my husbands first baby, and there's a relatively big gap (I had the others quite young - they are 15, 13, 11 and almost 8) so it still feels kind of 'new' again for me too!
Given that we have 3 girls and 1 boy in the house already, we'd really like for it to be a boy to even out the numbers, and I THINK it might be, but I was absolutely certain all the way through the other pregnancies and I was right each time - this one I'm just not sure, so it really could go either way.
I keep getting excited at the prospect of another boy, but I'm equally excited at the thought of a baby girl, with lots of legwarmers and tutus! This pregnancy has been very stressful already so as long as it's a healthy baby, we're happy!

Haven't posted in this thread, but thought I'd add mine! My 19 week scan is on Feb. 21st, and we are definitely finding out if it's a boy or girl! I have 4 children from my previous marriage, this will be my husbands first baby, and there's a relatively big gap (I had the others quite young - they are 15, 13, 11 and almost 8) so it still feels kind of 'new' again for me too!
Given that we have 3 girls and 1 boy in the house already, we'd really like for it to be a boy to even out the numbers, and I THINK it might be, but I was absolutely certain all the way through the other pregnancies and I was right each time - this one I'm just not sure, so it really could go either way.
I keep getting excited at the prospect of another boy, but I'm equally excited at the thought of a baby girl, with lots of legwarmers and tutus! This pregnancy has been very stressful already so as long as it's a healthy baby, we're happy!

Aw I bet it does seem almost new and exciting all over again!! How do the kids feel about having a little brother or sister? My dad had another kid years after him and my mom divorced, my sister was born when I was 12 and I was thrilled! I loved being older and able to remember more about her being a baby than I did with my other sisters. Sounds like your guy does need a brother to balance things out!! :haha:

I was right! It's a GIRL! :) Doctor said he was 95% sure. And all looks normal. She's at 9.1 ounces and was sucking her thumb the whole time.

https://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8333/baby1smallb.jpg

I was right! It's a GIRL! :) Doctor said he was 95% sure. And all looks normal. She's at 9.1 ounces and was sucking her thumb the whole time.

https://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8333/baby1smallb.jpg

Aww, yay!!! So exciting! And oh my goodness, I've seen a few ultrasounds where baby is sucking his/her thumb and it melts my heart every time. So stinkin adorable!! Congratulations on your little girl!! :happydance:

HopefulCookie - I am the exact same way. I know boy is a possibility and occasionally I think just maybe. But deep down my true gut feeling is girl. It's so bad I almost refer to any movement, for example, being "her moving" going to be tough to break that habit if we are indeed having a boy :dohh:

I have soooooo been doing this. Even my husband is now saying "she" or "her". My neighbor's like "oh you shouldn't do that because then you'll be dissapointed if it's a boy" and I told her no, that's not true, we'll be happy as long as our baby's healthy. I think we got into the habit because A) we both had the "girl" feeling and B) I don't like calling our baby "it"!! it just seems like it's not a little person if we call the baby "it". I dunno, maybe it's just me.
But I laugh too at thinking of how we'll need to adjust how we talk if it is a boy. I've slipped in a few "he's" here and there just to kinda get used to it just in case :haha::winkwink:

I have soooooo been doing this. Even my husband is now saying "she" or "her". My neighbor's like "oh you shouldn't do that because then you'll be dissapointed if it's a boy" and I told her no, that's not true, we'll be happy as long as our baby's healthy. I think we got into the habit because A) we both had the "girl" feeling and B) I don't like calling our baby "it"!! it just seems like it's not a little person if we call the baby "it". I dunno, maybe it's just me.
But I laugh too at thinking of how we'll need to adjust how we talk if it is a boy. I've slipped in a few "he's" here and there just to kinda get used to it just in case :haha::winkwink:

Haha oh using he on occasion is a good idea! I usually don't let myself slip and say it but I catch myself ALL the time!! I despise saying "it" too. I've only slipped a couple of times with that but every time I feel awful. I get so tired of always having to say "the baby" so I am so ready to be able to actually say he/she. My sister even kept saying "it" the other day and I wanted to correct her so bad but I let it go. That's awesome that you and your husband both have a strong girl feeling!! My best friend told me I needed to have a girl cause she just had a boy and she knows of five babies that should be born here in the next few months, all boys. I now know of three more boys that will be born close to the time my baby is - so now I'm even more convinced my bump is pink. It will be a hard adjustment if it's not :dohh: but we won't be disappointed at all either way.

Congrats on team :pink: mama flick :)

I don't really have a strong feeling this time. I go back and forth between calling baby he and she :haha: I think I doubt myself though since I was completely wrong with dd. I swore up and down she was a boy I was so positive when the tech said girl I made her recheck cause I just couldn't believe it :dohh: but low and behold she is 100% girl.

Exactly 2 weeks to go!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Hi all - I'm just joining now, I have the anatomy scan on Feb 5th when I will be 21 weeks. I love seeing all the pictures of the scans on this thread - so exciting!!
We know we're having a boy, since we did the Materni21 blood test at 12 weeks, which also tells you the sex. It was strange knowing so early on, but nice to be prepared - I'm a complete type A!

My scan is 1st March :)

According to Chinese Gender Prediction it's a boy. I don't have a gut feeling either way....but I had alot of nausea and bad skin this time and none whatsoever with my first born, which was a boy, so who knows!!

Hi all - I'm just joining now, I have the anatomy scan on Feb 5th when I will be 21 weeks. I love seeing all the pictures of the scans on this thread - so exciting!!
We know we're having a boy, since we did the Materni21 blood test at 12 weeks, which also tells you the sex. It was strange knowing so early on, but nice to be prepared - I'm a complete type A!

Oh wow, I've never heard of anyone who has had that done. That is very interesting! I'm sure it was crazy knowing so early!! Even with the knowing, I'm sure your scan on the 5th will still be super exciting!! Congrats on your blue bump!! :happydance:

Oh wow, I've never heard of anyone who has had that done. That is very interesting! I'm sure it was crazy knowing so early!! Even with the knowing, I'm sure your scan on the 5th will still be super exciting!! Congrats on your blue bump!! :happydance:

Thanks Miracles! The Materni21 is a cutting edge new test that has only become available in the States in the last year - it tests the fetal cells in the mother's blood for trisomy and other abnormalities. As a result, they can tell you if it's a boy or girl by whether there is an Y chromosome present in the cells (which would indicate a boy). The great thing about this test is that if you're advanced maternal age (I'm 37), you can rule out many abnormalities with a simple blood test, and then not have to do an invasive procedure like an amnio. In my case the results came back super, so no invasive tests were required. It was pretty crazy knowing so early, but I loved it!

Thanks Miracles! The Materni21 is a cutting edge new test that has only become available in the States in the last year - it tests the fetal cells in the mother's blood for trisomy and other abnormalities. As a result, they can tell you if it's a boy or girl by whether there is an Y chromosome present in the cells (which would indicate a boy). The great thing about this test is that if you're advanced maternal age (I'm 37), you can rule out many abnormalities with a simple blood test, and then not have to do an invasive procedure like an amnio. In my case the results came back super, so no invasive tests were required. It was pretty crazy knowing so early, but I loved it!

Well that's even more wonderful that it tests for abnormalities early on as well! I'm sure it's put your mind at ease a lot for your scan coming up!! I try to focus on the excitement of being able to find out whether we are having a boy or girl, but this scan is also the nerve wracking one as they could find abnormalities that weren't detected on our earlier scans. Very very glad for you that all of your testing came back with positive results!! That's so great! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->