Those that TTC together, Stick together!! 4 BABY BOYS/3 BABY GIRLS

Dee, I'm sorry you're so discouraged...I completely understand. This process really wipes us out :( I agree with the girls, though, spotting isn't a bad thing...could be ovulation, or implantation, or unrelated to ttc. You didn't wake up with AF or anything did you? Keep your spirits up and try to relax with whatever may happen... After all, you KNOW you can get pregnant.

Rosa, your DH is too sweet for buying those pills... As for the burning feeling, I had the same thing two months ago. We were bding like rabbits all month and I was raw and dry feeling :( sucked...turned out I had an infection but it wasn't until like a week later that I actually had the nasty tell-tale discharge. You could do a monistat treatment tonight when its not your bd day...I don't think there is any harm. And use preseed for bd tomorrow--it will feel better!

Oh, I forgot to say I am compltely, totally fed up with ttc! :D I'm very discouraged; no O yet, and I leave tomorrow afternoon for my trip. I had happy hour last night with some very nice friends with kids and I got the whole "you just need to relax" "you should gain a few pounds" "it'll happen when you least expect it"... what is up with people's cliches about ttc? And then one of my new friends told me about the miscarriages she had when she was ttc, and-my god-I refuse to tell you guys the stuff she said; it was too sad for a ttc girl! I know they meant well and I probably wouldn't have cared if I had O'd already, but BLAGHHHH! :hissy: I think I want clomid. That's my rant.

Thanks ladies, i have kinda given up on this cycle but its nice to have people to talk to who understand how hard all this can be. :flower:

Ovulation spotting is very real, I've never personally had it but I've read plenty of posts about women who have. Or as rosa said, it could be implantation spotting and you actually ov'd earlier than you thought. As for you inner ear problem, I would get that checked out soon that way if they prescribe you anything you can get that all taken care of before your bfp when you have to worry about whether or not it's safe. I know exactly how you feel about just wanting to give up. I think maybe you put too much stress on yourself to get a bfp as soon as possible when you were ready to start trying again that you are already burnt out. Maybe try taking a step back and not thinking about ttc? The month I got my bfp I was convinced af was going to get me and dh and I bd'd just because we wanted to. I know several people who have gotten there bfp while taking a break from really trying.

Ready- sad face. I'm sorry you and dee are so discouraged. As for the cliches, I think people are so fond of them because it's a secret comfort. It's as though it really is that is and we are just the ones that complicate it. We all know there is nothing easy about ttc. People who've never ttc before don't realize how hard it really is on a person, emotionally and physically, and it seems a lot of women lose sight of how hard it was once they get a bfp. They offer cliches because they seem to forget how emotionally painful it is. I try my best to be encouraging without being just another pregnant person who can't remember what it's really like.

Aww sorry girls that we aren;t feeling so happy in here today.

I can't say that I blame you though. I was feeling the same and was very aggravated with the TTC stuff. I just found comfort in trying new things new vitamins, and temping, and stuff like that each month. So then I felt like I was always doing my best to try.

Ready- sucks that you didn't O early. Booooo. That's one of those things we certainly can't change though. Now switch to hoping you'll O late? lol. Maybe!

Dee-spotting doesnt always mean somethings bad. Maybe its good spotting. Just gotta wait and see. If it is AF, you know that you may want to start temping now because that would mean you probably ovulated at least 12 days ago, and that would have been wayyyyy earlier than you were thinking.

Ready- sad face. I'm sorry you and dee are so discouraged. As for the cliches, I think people are so fond of them because it's a secret comfort. It's as though it really is that is and we are just the ones that complicate it. We all know there is nothing easy about ttc. People who've never ttc before don't realize how hard it really is on a person, emotionally and physically, and it seems a lot of women lose sight of how hard it was once they get a bfp. They offer cliches because they seem to forget how emotionally painful it is. I try my best to be encouraging without being just another pregnant person who can't remember what it's really like.

You are spot on, love, especially about forgetting how hard it was ttc once you are preganant. This friend had the most horrific story to tell but then in the same breath said "you just need to have sex all the time and put your feet in the air". Argh. Although I think I am becoming more bold over time and soon I'll just say to DH "look, you need to put your sperm in me tonight as quickly as possible and then I'm going to prop my hips on pillows and not move for an hour and I don't care how strange you think I am". or maybe I'll stand on my head. :haha: I've tried to keep ttc out of the bedroom, but maybe I need to start using preseed every time and pillows and whatnot. I guess I'll just see how my mood plays out this month... Nothing improves a foul ttc mood like 2 lines on a peestick :p

I can see how it's easier to forget the ttc journey once you are all wrapped up in the glory of finally being pregnant, but how insensitive some pregnant women can be drives me mad. So many seem to think that what helped them with their bfp is somehow the magical cure to ttc. If only it were that simple. I definitely think bd'ing every day is what helped me get mine and I think it could be helpful to others but we all know it's no guarantee. As for bringing ttc into the bedroom.. I wouldn't. Even though the men want a baby they are easily spooked by all the real work that is involved. They are better off not knowing lol. You don't want to stress him out with the process of conceiving or you risk him not being "in the mood" when you really need him to be. There's no reason why you can't use preseed, just insert it in the bathroom before you bd. He doesn't have to see it or feel pressured. Propping you hips up wouldn't be a big deal. If he asks just say "it couldn't hurt right?". Can't really argue that. It sucks that we are the ones who have to deal with the pressures of ttc, but most men just can't handle it, the same way they wouldn't be able to handle having a menstrual cycle or giving birth. Men, in comparison, are sissies.

I found that pressuring my OH and telling him more about the TTC process made him more into it actually! He would come home with different ideas and facts on his own once I really started getting him involved in it all. And he's understand the need to do it at that time. Guess its just different for everyone!

Interesting, girls... I have been quiet about when my fertile time is most of the cycles so far, but he always seems to know because i'm more interested/initiating sex for many days in a row. So this month, I was like screw it & told him monday it was baby making time. Tuesday, he was so tired, he asked me how long sperm could live inside & would it be okay if we wait and do it Wed & Thur? I thought that was cute, so maybe it can work to involve them in the process. I wouldn't go much further than that because I truly think he'd think I was psycho for all that I obsess over. :haha:

Love - thanks for the advise though the inner ear problem is very difficult to 'treat'. Some people can suffer with it for months and years. It is all about compensating and doing head exercises to help - but receovery from inner ear damage is very slow :( but yes i need to get asessed further.

Just gotta wait and see what the next few days brings, whether it is early AF or just something and nothing.

Thanks ladies :flower:

Ready- more power to you if you can talk openly about it with dh and have him be actively involved in the obsessing department lol. Some men can handle it, many can't. Just ease him into it. Give him a pair of floaties, don't just push him into the deep end lol.

Every guy is different. I'm so open with mine, sometimes too much! He actually asks when is baby making time this month, and I'll tell him the days we are doing the deed! Not very romantic...Sometimes I'm like I had GREAT cm today...and continue to tell him. When I'm done he's like you know...all I needed to know was "it's time." No more talk of cm or pee sticks, etc. :rofl: Okay, that's fair. I'm like you don't want me to run out and show you my ewcm?!?! :sick:

The one time he crumbled under the pressure is when he SAW the positive opk last cycle. He felt like he had to perform, and couldn't. It sucked, so I no longer tell him when "the most important" day would be.

Ready, I'm also fed up. I've already thrown in the towel regarding opks and temping. Just good old fashioned :sex: and some clomid to help things along. It'll happen when it happens. I'm SO SICK of seeing baby pics and hearing stories of babies on facebook, though. I'm hardly ever on anymore. I have blocked so many people who constantly post pics, etc. It makes me sad, though, because some of them are good friends of mine. I don't want to cut myself out of their lives just because it hurts to see them with a baby. Like my brother! It's so hard to hear about my new nephew. :sad2:

Oh, and if ONE MORE PERSON tells me to "relax" and "it'll happen when the time is right" or "it happened when I finally gave up" I will seriously punch them! :ninja: People really don't understand how emotional ttc is. I don't think they're trying to upset me, but it does.

Rosa, I'm so sorry you are frustrated enough to not be able to cope with other people's baby photos...especially your nephew! It's so hard to see others get what you want so much. We are fed up! We should go on strike! (but still bd so we can catch the egg) I so am with you with wanting to punch people with their well-meaning and bland advice. JUST RELAX???? :brat: Are they nuts? I do not, at all, sit around biting my nails and worrying about if I'm ovulating RIGHT NOW. But, how can we not notice our fertile signs and count how many days it might be until our period is due? How does a person even go about "relaxing" with ttc? The whole point is TRYing to conceive. :hissy:

Hi Ladies,

I'm right there with you all on this convo today.. TTC and having to deal with other women who don't understand or say the wrong things.. Ugh!

Ready- I'm sorry you haven't O'd yet. Fx'd that you will a little later. BD tomorrow morning. That could still last if you O during the weekend! To respond to if you should let your hubby in on the ttc process more.. I say go for it. Ease him into it to see how he reacts. My DH is totally fine with me being so open. I talk about CM and everything, haha. He's okay if I tell him the OPK isn't quite positive or if it is. He's very good with it. I'm so happy that he is. It makes it easier on me because he is able to understand more of what I have to go through and I'm not in it alone. Have a safe trip tomorrow! When do you come back?

Love- You worded that perfectly about how people forget their ttc journey. Or those who have never had to try just don't understand. It's so frustrating. I would just rather people not say anything. That's why I don't tell people i'm trying. The ones closet to me know but when someone asks.. I say "It will happen when it happens" before they can and I have to slap them, haha.

Rosa- I am right there with you! I am getting quite sick of seeing all the baby pictures on Facebook or pregnant friends or family. We have had SO many new babies around us that it's insane! Almost like a slap in the face because they just keep coming. When we started trying, 3 friends of mine were pregnant. One of them is my best friend and I am the Godmother of her baby girl. My sister-in-law was pregnant with her 3rd kid. All of these babies have been born. 1 in Dec, 2 in Jan, 1 last month and my Aunt is due in June. It's like last year when we got married.. we went to 9 weddings. All close friends and family. So i'm hoping that was the year for all the weddings.. Now this year is for all the babies. Including ME!! Including all of you fabulous ladies as well!! But sooner than later! Sorry I just kept rambling there, haha.
But yes.. I agree that people do not understand how emotional this process is for us. You get all excited to O, line up everything on time, temps look good, mood is lifted and positive, just to come crashing down and we start all over again. It's just not fair.

:brat:

On a good note.. We bought a whole new living room set the other day! Couch, loveseat, and coffee table. I LOVE it! It's SO comfy. My darn dog got in the habit of sitting on top of the cusion on the back of our old couch and she's starting to do it on my new one.. I'm gonna kick her out! :rofl:

Hello :)
My spotting stopped today so not sure what that was. Maybe a freaky cycle, i still think i have not ovulated yet but we BD'ed last night just in case there is soon an eggie around! :0)
How is everyone else doing? Hopefully you are all ok :flower:

Dee, glad that your spotting stopped! FX you can catch that egg whenever she decides to make an appearance...

Kiki, your new furniture looks great! It's always fun to get new things :thumbup:

No O for me... BOO! I thought with the CM I might be lucky and O while I was in town; I guess not. I may try to seduce DH before we leave for the airport this afternoon :winkwink: I'll be back super late on Sunday, so basically who knows if I will be out or not this cycle. Nothing to be done about it! I'm looking forward to my trip and my family--Ny, I'm headed your way!

Ready- it sure is beautiful out! Hope the weekend stays that way for you but today sure is!

Im so excited, go to walk my daughter and our smaller dog to school for the first time this year!:happydance: SPring is here!

Hope everyone is doing better today :hugs:

My temp seems elevated so i am taking it that i O'ed yesterday :0)
So officially in the TWW i hope. :flower:
Also i readjusted my ticker as my last AF consisted of 3 days spotting so i am not going to include that as AF.

Ready maybe you will O later on today? I hope you get a last BD in so that if O occurs at the weekend the swimmies will be ready and waiting! FX

Thanks, Dee, I'll see what we can do but it really just is up to chance... I'm off to MN, you betcha, I hope you all have a great weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->