Those that TTC together, Stick together!! 4 BABY BOYS/3 BABY GIRLS

Did I miss something? I never saw NY that you were having a boy?? Did you find out early too??

Kylar- yeah, several pages back. She had a peek at work because she couldn't wait.

Oh! I almost forgot to update about my doctor's appointment.
Not too much out of the ordinary. Measured fundal height, listened to LO on the doppler (always my favorite part), felt around my belly. I am having my glucose test in the morning to check for gestational diabetes. I mentioned the numbness in my feet and upper thigh. Doctor said it was likely that the swelling from standing all day is pinching on a nerve causing the numbness in my feet, but he seemed a bit concerned about the numbness in my upper thigh and referred me to another doctor in the building who I will be seeing on Friday to look into it further, just in case. For now he doesn't see a need for me to stop working, which is good, though I am hoping after seeing this other doctor I'll be able to get a note specifying that they take it easy on me. I do just fine if I'm not stuck standing in one spot my entire shift but of course none of my managers care to listen to me. Anyways, I go back to my doctor (well his partner) next Thursday to go over my glucose results. Apparently the pinching pain in my tailbone/butt area is my sciatic nerve... just lovely. He told me to start doing daily kick counts. Lay down for 1 hour on my side with my hand on my stomach below my belly button and do nothing else but count kicks. Once I reach 10, I'm done. If it's 6 or less in an hour, count for another hour and if it's still only 6 call the doctor. If it's 3 or less in an hour call immediately. An interesting fact he shared was that of course there are some things that (though unlikely) can happen and are unpreventable, but the things that are preventable are detected more so by the women who do their daily kick count. That's about it, all the wisdom I have to share lol.

Heather, your bump has grown so much! You look great pregnant! :)

Ny, if you name your baby Dane, it's still a cool name...not everyone will think of dane cook. How many names (besides Blanket, well, oops, that one's taken I guess) aren't already "used" on someone else?

Love, thanks for telling us about your appointment. I'm glad they are following up on your numb legs to get to the bottom of it... I have definitely heard of kick counting; I think I have an app for it on my phone as part of a pregnancy something or another. An hour a day is a big time committment! Did you try it yet? Is it something they just recommend for everybody now?

Damn, and here I was really considering naming him Blanket... Geeze, now I have to come up with something different lol.

He has me a little worried about the numbness. I had figured it wasn't much to worry about since it has only recently started as I've gotten bigger. Standing on my feet all day seemed like an assumable culprit. He told me that if it starts to spread rapidly to head to the ER right away... Talk about frightening. I have a kick counter on a couple of the pregnancy apps I have on my phone lol. An hour IS a big commitment to lay and do nothing but kick count in a busy day but it often doesn't take that long. Usually you'll have finished your count in 10-15 minutes at most. I know this LO is a wiggle worm and I can feel 10 kicks in no time at all even when I'm busy doing other things. The reason they say for an hour is to allow the chance that LO is napping which can account for minimal movement for a short while. I meant to try it last night but when I layed down to count I fell asleep :blush: I would imagine it's something they recommend for everyone but I would imagine when you start would vary slightly from doctor to doctor. It's just a way for us to help them monitor LO out of the office.

Cant wait til I can kick count:)
Love- some women in another thread were mentioning SPD...i havent googled it yet since it hasnt applied to me yet, but could that maybe be the cause of your pain and numbness? I just know it has to do with the pelvic region and very painful.

I saw on a show the family named their daughter Duvet hoping she would bring them comfort like a Duvet cover. LOL. Come on.

Kylar- Yes boy! Ultrasound around 15 weeks 6 days I believe it was. I sure hope its right because i canNOT stop buying clothes! I have so many already.

Look who's post whoring today ny :point: lol.

SPD? Hmm I'll have to do some research and see what that's all about. Self diagnosing for the win :laugh: Come on, you know you are so completely jealous of the name Duvet. I'm thinking Spatula is going to be the next big name. Maybe I'll name him Cabob! Because that's original enough right?

Wooooooooooooot 17 weeks!!! I told you you'd make it!! So what happened to not buying anything? It's hard to resist isn't it? I could spend hours in Babies R Us just shopping.

Love- I went nuts after finding it was a boy....well i waited a few days:) We just went to baby's r us last night. In my defense, i've only bought clothes and a boppy. I've held off from the rest but found our stroller that we love at baby's r us! Its so weird still looking at big things.....now, it best be a boy! Hahaha

Ny- I did the same thing. I had bought 2 onesies before we found out the gender because they had duckies on them and they were clearance. Once we found out it was a boy the real shopping began. There's just something about finding out that puts us in shopping mode lol. Oooh! What stroller did you pick?

Congrats on the 17 weeks NY that is superb :)..... I can't wait to start buying stuff it will be so much fun I won't find out till 20wks though if it is a boy or girl and if it is a boy no shopping for me :( have all ds stuff boxed upstairs but if its a girl just try and stop me OH hee hee I am gonna go nuts xxx BTW I love Ava so cute xx

Frills, bows and dresses whoo hoo pink pink pink lol :) xx

Would I be the first girl if it is a girl that is..... pretty sure everyone else having beautiful bouncing boys? xx

xx

Yep Star you'd be the first girl on here! I love girl clothes...but actually surprised at getting into all the blues and greens now with boy stuff.

Now.... If I could just stop going to second hand children's stores, I wouldnt be buying so much because when I go to baby's r us or Kohls, its just an outfit or two but if its used, cheaper then its like 10 things at once! Lol.

Love- I cant find the stroller online for some reason but just saw it last night! IDK? Its silver,black, and lime green I believe and cant remember the brand but it was a 3 wheeler jogger that had the infant seat also! I think $229 or $329. Pretty good deal and we really like the swivel front wheel and the way it would maneuver over bumps and stuff.

I told you that you'd come around around to boy clothes!! It's hard not to, some of them are ADORABLE. I should take pictures of some of the really cute outfits I was given. There was this one onesie that had a hood with a puppy face on it and even had a little tail on the butt, cutest thing ever.

You should try to see if anyone you know has any old boy clothes. I can't even imagine how much money I saved on clothes because a woman I know had a boy last year and gave me ALL of his old clothes and is still sending them my way as he out grows them. I have a 36 gallon plastic bin overflowing with clothes and then a 20-something gallon bin stuffed as well. I have no idea where we will put half of these!

The stroller we picked up was the Chicco Cortina Midori. The carrier fits in very securely and just one push of a button comes out and snaps right back in with ease. Plus the whole thing collapses with the lift of a lever. We got the Britax Marathon 70 convertible car seat. It was top rated on the consumer reports and the woman I was talking to in the store told me that a customer had bought it and ended up in a car accident. One parent was in the hospital a day or two, the other a few weeks. The care was completely totaled and the baby had just a small scratch on his head. That sold me there, especially after being in a car accident just a few weeks prior to us buying it.

Holy cow Love you already got your convertible car seat huh! Lol. Isnt that in a year or two yet?

Yes and no. Convertible car seats can be used for newborns as well. They scale with the baby, which saves from having to buy a new car seat in a year or two. Only reason we got the travel system with the stroller is because living in Chicago we would need something to put him in to take him into the stores and what not during the winter. I wouldn't want to just carry him and expose him to the extreme cold and snow while he's still so small.

haha i totally self diagnosed myself with SPD TOO!!! But dr said it was just my nerves being crushed... boo, i thought i was right. LOL!!

I found out super early too NY i think its probably safe to say its a boy! Apparently everyone in this thread gets Boys!! =)

Thanks for the bump compliments! I like my bump but its sure getting in the way lol! Cleaning the house and bending over is really getting hard!!

Ny, it's so great to hear that you're excited about the baby and less filled with fear--you really had a hard start to things, and now the fun begins! I'm glad you all are enjoying shopping for boy baby gear :happydance: I love all things tiny and cute, so I can't wait to start the shopping gluttony.

I tested again this morning, darker line, I just can't stop. Feeling a little queasy this morning but not bad at all. I had my blood draw last night, so I will be hugging my phone close today for the call from the doc with my beta. Eek!

Oooh and I'm five weeks today :happydance:

Why does my ticker still say poppyseed? Hmm, I know it's bigger than that.

I agree ready, I just love anything that's tiny and cute. There's just something about a regular item shrunken down for someone so small that's makes it beyond adorable. Socks are one of my favorites. Speaking of, MIL bought LO tiny converse crib shoes! I tell you these are the cutest things ever.

Ready- congrats on 5 weeks!! Every week is a milestone! You have to let us know when you get your results. My fingers are tightly crossed for you, but I just know your numbers will be sky high! I'm pretty sure the fruit/vegetable tickers don't quite measure up. Some of the sizes just don't make sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->