Those that TTC together, Stick together!! 4 BABY BOYS/3 BABY GIRLS

I'm back already--we have a perfect baby! Measuring 21.5mm long, just 2 days ahead of where I predicted. So, we're sticking with my due date--Jan 12! It still looks like a blob...she did an external ultrasound this time, so I think the resolution isn't as good as internal. First time I've had it that way, but it doesn't matter. The little peanut had a strong heartbeat and my doc was as happy as us. :happydance:

Ready, so glad to hear that everything looks good and is going well!! :happydance:

Yes I was thinking injections of a different medicine of some sorts is what he meant. Maybe push for that a bit since you will be able to do some BDing on your own, but the meds would be nice to try until you could do IUI.

Hsg- I am the "nurse" who is in on those with the patient....its done in radiology so picture a radiology nurse, anyways its actually the radiologic technologist but people don't know what that means. lol. My biggest advice is to take a pain reliever an hour before your procedure, and to BREATHE. Sounds so stupid but while they inject the dye into this little catheter thingy, it can sometimes just tighten up uterus with some crampiness and women tend to hold breath in that situation but that makes your muscles in uterus tenser, and it hurts more. So while they are injection the stuff, close your eyes and do deep breathing cuz honestly a loose uterus is a less crampy uterus! Lol. Otherwise its seriously not bad at all. Thats just advice to make the crampiness at its minimal. Which isnt even that bad to begin with and its quick!

Ny, I took your advice for both procedures (friday and hsg today) and BREATHED. I think it helped a lot. The hsg was not so bad, actually. The hysteroscopy and endometrial biopsy was WAY worse, this was nothing compared to it. Uncomfortable, but quick. As far as the results go, the doc was not sure...there was too much dye that didn't go through the tubes, even though some of it did. Some of it was going through the blood vessels, and he's not sure why. He THINKS they're clear, but could not get a good enough answer from the pic. He might have to do a laproscopy to see closer. Awesome. It just keeps getting better and better.

Rosa- :haha: sad bleeds into insanity where ttc/pregnancy are concerned. You are going to be such a trip when you get your bfp. That's when insanity begins to bleed over the sad until everyone thinks you're a nutjob lol. But you'll always have us other crazy ladies. To be honest I would have started to cry too seeing all that stuff. Even now when I go in for my checkups I get really nervous if I see equipment just lying around that I'm not familiar with. "you want to stick what where?!?" I'm sorry you had to go through that pain and discomfort but anything for a bfp right? I'll hack off my own leg for a healthy LO and to be honest I'm pretty fond of having two legs lol. At least your doctor didn't say there wasn't anything he can do for you this cycle as far as trying to rush things slog for timing sake. He sounds wonderful. Even if it's not IUI maybe he'll have some other great plan that will do the trick.

My dh was thinking maybe they'd freeze his sperm for a July IUI. :shrug: Maybe that's what the doc meant. I'll bring it up. However, with this tube issue, we may have to get all of that done before the IUI anyway. We may HAVE to wait until September. :wacko:

I was really hoping for an "ALL CLEAR!!!" from the end of the table, but not so much. My mom and dh said but if everything is totally fine at the end of this, we're back at square one and have no idea why we can't get pregnant. At least this way, he'll know what to fix, etc. Why can't I just be normal?! :hissy:

Rosa, I'm sorry this process has been frustrating so far! We're here for you :hugs: Glad to hear that breathing helped to get through the procedure--probably a good technique for labor some day too ;) When is your consultation to get the run down on what the doctor is proposing next? Or do you have more tests this week?

Ready, this was the last test. However, I might have to have laprascopy...still not sure hot to spell it. Consultation is Wednesday, and we'll get all the answers then.

Wow, that was quick! Well, big FX for Wednesday--your doc sounds very thorough, so I'm sure he will have a great plan in place to talk to you about. Try not to assume gloom & doom...remember what he said from the get-go, you are young & he's glad you came in & he's going to help you make this happen.

Wow, that was quick! Well, big FX for Wednesday--your doc sounds very thorough, so I'm sure he will have a great plan in place to talk to you about. Try not to assume gloom & doom...remember what he said from the get-go, you are young & he's glad you came in & he's going to help you make this happen.

Thanks. The more I sit here, the more I'm like ivf will be the only way. :sad2: But then, I remind myself to stop being a sad sack and not to assume the worst. One of the things I like about this clinic is things move quickly! The doc is awesome, so I'm hoping he can figure out a way to make this process as natural as possible. :shrug:

You're right that your doc seems to move quickly :thumbup: It doesn't seem that IVF is the FIRST step for you, but if it ends there... remember that people with IVF babies are thrilled to have their LOs, no matter how they came about. It's going to be ok...2 more days to hear all that he has to say!

Where are our bnb buds?

Congrats on seeing your little beanie on the scan Ready - bet you were thrilled to see all was ok and the heartbeat :)

Rosa - i hope all these procedures turn into something fantastic for you - good on you for keeping going and never loose hope of a dream! :flower:

good thing about the laproscopy thing is that the rate of bfp after it is pretty high from what i hear!!

good thing about the laproscopy thing is that the rate of bfp after it is pretty high from what i hear!!

Oh really? I heard that about the hsg, which is what I had today, so if it's the same for the laparoscopy, I'm golden!

I phoned the MRI people and they said they have to be cautious with any procedure of this type during the first tri even though no actual risks are proven and it is mainly with the MRI injection medium (which i dont need).

I decided to re-book for when my AF is due so i will know for sure one way or the other, a few days will make no difference to my headaches, and it also means i am still in the running this month - yippeee!! :flower:

Hope everyone else is ok :flower:

Oh really? I heard that about the hsg, which is what I had today, so if it's the same for the laparoscopy, I'm golden!

yup, especially if that is really the root of the problem, if its something else, then probably not, but it def wouldnt HURT your odds. My mom had it done right before she got pregnant and so did one of my best friends :thumbup:

I phoned the MRI people and they said they have to be cautious with any procedure of this type during the first tri even though no actual risks are proven and it is mainly with the MRI injection medium (which i dont need).

I decided to re-book for when my AF is due so i will know for sure one way or the other, a few days will make no difference to my headaches, and it also means i am still in the running this month - yippeee!! :flower:

Hope everyone else is ok :flower:

smart choice!

Hi girls-

Ready- yay for a baby blob with a heart beat still! I am so happy for you and you are 8 weeks. WOW! Seems to have flown...for me at least:) You must be overjoyed, when will it sink in for you?

Dee- thats a good idea, the magnetic resonance in the MRI machine can be a tad harmful to developing cells of the baby so early on and change things, so yes, you should do it with AF coming to be safe.

I have had a serious wave of sickness again...although this time seems different than just morning sickness. My stomach has been having such aweful cramping and pain up high that I was in tears last night and debating an ER visit. I did not go, but had to call in today from work as I keep barfing and am in so much pain. Hope its just evil morning sickness again and not a gallbladder issue or something. Ugh.

Getting better though, been resting a ton.

Ny, Thank you! I think every week it sinks in more & more...I ALMOST believe that I'm going to have a :baby: Maybe a couple more weeks and I'll be there. :dohh:

I'm so sorry you've been so sick! That blows big time... Did you call your doctor at all? Are you still feeling better? If not, please call your doc! We want you to be well...

No, i didnt call the doc. Idk, last time I brought up these issues he said take out dairy products. Maybe i'll try that, im not convinced though for that to be it. Not really feeling well yet. I must have major baby induced IBS or something. Mean Bean.

NY - i have IBS and it sucks bigtime until you find out your triggers - i hope you dont have that and maybe just a mild tummy bug?

one thing that helped me the most with my IBS was to reduce or cut out wholewheat and fresh breads/pastries. Oats, rice and corn are much milder on the gut and also stress rears it up bigtime - hope you feel better soon :flower:

Went to our consultation today. I feel so encouraged...because I had a weirdo hsg result (some of the dye went through the tubes, but some of it pooled at the top of the uterus and went through the blood vessels), we're doing a laparoscopy to see what's up. He suspects a little endometriosis. In which case, he'll laser it out while I'm under and we'll do an IUI after that. He said his goal is for us to be preggo by the end of the summer. :happydance: Sign me up! Said WORST case scenario is my tubes are blocked or nonfunctional and we do ivf. However, I still have to convince dh that this is an option...he's not so much into it. Hopefully, we won't get to this point. But he doesn't think they are blocked.

That's great Rosa! :thumbup: I'm so happy your doctor has encouraged you and lifted your spirits (as he should). BFP this summer! Yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->