Those that TTC together, Stick together!! 4 BABY BOYS/3 BABY GIRLS

Oh, repo, that's great!! You thought it was a girl too :happydance: Congratulations! Any pics?

Ny!! Your bump is so freaking adorable!!! I wish mine were all round and perky like yours!! From the belly button down mine is all kind of flabby and oh my the stretch marks... I guess since the rest of you are being brave I will post a bare bump when I get out of here. I told you time would fly by once first tri passed. It's so much easier to relax now the real worry stage is over and you can enjoy your bump and all the shopping!

Kiki- wacky cycles do seem to winners around here. Maybe it'll be a winner for you too!! Fingers tightly crossed!!

Repo- grats on team pink!!! Someone here was bound to have a girl.

As for me, got my last steroid shot last night and baby is doing well. The contractions have pretty much stopped. Just having some very minor ones that I can't feel and aren't any cause for concern. They think these minor ones may be cause by having a full bladder. Haven't seen the doctor yet this morning but I'm hoping when she comes in I'll get good news. I'm dying to go home. They've been saying this weekend but I'm hoping for an early release since all seems well.

i have pics but cant post them til muy husband gets home and puts them on the computer

Yay for a girl repo!

Ready- the new stadium was a ton of fun. That was mine and baby's first baseball game at the new stadium! Loved it.
Yes- i did all the first trimester screening and is such a relief when everything turns out to be good...its a personal choice but I just had to know...I had the NT scan which is paired with blood work, then later (16? weeks) I had some other blood work that just tells something about it having spina bifida. Those are the 2 tests I had done.

Love- Cant wait for your pics. Glad baby has settled down... do they say if you'll need bed rest for the rest of the time or anything to keep preterm at bay? Silly baby, giving you some more scares huh. Boys. It is nice to be this far along, I NEVER saw it happening! Now im just excited in a week is my VDAY! however, I keep reading of some losing their LO's at 24 weeks so by golly, i've started worrying all over again! Bring on my 3d/4d scan so I can just see him being safe and sound in there again!

Hope we are all having a lovely day! I worked, then bought some clothes for LO. Its much more expensive to go shopping now that I buy clothes for my daughter and another baby! Yikes! Plus, I keep looking at things at Gap baby and need to stop because that place is insane....I think I'll just hope for my friend at work to give me cute Gap baby clothes hand me downs instead of spending so much on the outfits!

Ny- you really need to stop reading about losses. It's possible to lose a baby at any point in the pregnancy but it far less likely the further along you get. Just focus on the positive and the now. Right how you have a healthy and happy baby you are spending way too much money on for gap clothes lol. I still haven't seen the doctor yet and have no idea when she will be in. I'm going to go crazy here soon I swear. I'm absolutely bored out of my mind. Silly little boy.. Always trying to cause excitement. He best be the quietest baby ever once he's actually here lol or I may try to trade him in :haha: Part of me kind of wishes he would just come already so I can have him, but I'd much rather him gain a couple pounds first. I want him to be healthy and safe. They haven't said anything about once I get out of here. They haven't really given me an idea of when I can expect to leave aside from "this weekend" which could be any time between Friday morning and Sunday night. I'm starting to get frustrated. I have no idea what's going on. The contractions have stopped, have been since last night, and I'm still no closer to going home.

How strange love that they dont tell you a little more...and that you've not seen a doc? You'd think they want to get people turned out of there quickly if they can, saves money on health care costs and such. So what in the heck are you doing with your time???
and yea, i know things happen at any time....its scary as heck and im such a worrier! But i sure do have a jiggly little guy in there. We play the game now that you mentioned poking and kicking and its fun to play with him:)

What am I doing? Aside from going mad... I'm watching a lot of lousy cable and trying not to pull my hair out.. I have no idea why the doctor hasn't been in yet. The nurse comes in every hour or two to check on me. As long as the contractions aren't coming back I don't see why they aren't looking to discharge me quicker. I'm really starting to get uncomfortable. I'm so stiff from being stuck in pretty much one position for the past 3 days. I really just want to go home as soon as possible.

It's cute that you get to play the poking game. It's so much fun and I think it's adorable that they seem to know you are playing a game with them.

Anyone have any wonderful remedy for constant acid reflux heart burn stuff? SO disruptive!

Ny- You look great! Love the pics! Beautiful bump!

Repo- Congrats on having a baby girl!! So exciting!

Love- I am glad things have calmed down and I hope you can get out of there soon!

So I decided to take my temp a few days ago just to make sure I O'd because I wasn't sure. And I continued to temp and my temps are consistently rising. They are pretty high for my usual temps so fx'd!! :)

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

Kiki, fingers crossed for this cycle--sounds promising (see, you ARE a ttc addict a heart :p )

So my peanut gave me a scare last night, or perhaps I gave it to myself. I went to the gym (first time in a week or two because I've been so darn queasy), did the elliptical, a few squats, push ups, and a few crunches. I stopped at the bathroom before leaving, and I wiped pink. :cry: I was devastated. That's just how my mc started last time; I felt just horrible. But it was just that...pink that one time I went to the bathroom and then fine the rest of the night and this morning. Has anyone had that? I'm looking for a cause, something that can ease my mind. Like...a burst capillary? I know I had a nice nose bleed a week ago (thank you pregnancy). I dunno, but I still feel nervous. I think I'm going to call the doc and see if they'll check the heartbeat for me today.

Love, did your doc show up last night and give you any info?

Kiki- woot for rising temps!! I don't know what it is but wacky cycles seem to get the ladies of this thread pregnant. Fingers tightly crossed that this wacky cycle of yours is what gets you nice and preggers!

Ready- definitely give your doctor a call since you're worried. Perhaps you just overdid it last night since it's been a while since you've worked out. I'm sure everything is just fine. At 10 weeks I had bright red bleeding with huge clots and I was really sure that was the end, but here I am still very pregnant with a little bugger who just loves to scare me half to death.

As for me, I'm completely off the iv. They took me off around 8ish last night. They've swapped me from magnesium to a pill that I have to take every 6 hours for the next couple weeks to prevent contractions. So I'll be taking these even after I go home. I didn't see my doctor last night but one of his partners. She said if these pills keep me from contracting they will be able to send me home to modified bed rest, which means no working for at least the next 2-3 weeks. At that point I can get more bold as I'll be much closer to my due date and if I went into labor they wouldn't try to stop it. I'm a bit worried because we didn't plan on me not being able to work before the baby came and I'm not sure of we will be able to manage. My doctor will be in today and I hope I can talk him into letting me head home. I also want to talk to him about how restricted my bed rest needs to be. I'm hoping, but not holding my breath, that he will allow me to return to work if I promise to take it very easy. DH went to work today so I'm here alone until my mom and sister come by later. No idea when I'll see the doctor today but I'm hoping for good news.

Thanks Love...logically I think everything is fine, but I was really enjoying having nothing to worry about with this pregnancy. The nurse called me back and she thinks all is well and I should take a stool softener to avoid straining & causing myself worry from spotting. Anyone take those? I never have and I'd hate to be running to the bathroom...

I hope the mag pills continue to work for you, Love. At least that will get you out of the cafeteria food & jello desserts. So, you may miss out on a couple of weeks of work that you were planning on having...do you think your inlaws or mom could help out financially to cover that paycheck? You shouldn't have to be worrying and stressing--you need to focus on cooking Roman ;)

Ready- I've avoided stool softeners by eating plenty of frosted mini wheats. Like you, I don't like having to run off to the bathroom several times. I like to be in more control of when I'm going. Just take it easy, maybe don't try to work out like you used to. Go for a walk or maybe focus on your yoga instead.

I'm not on mag pill, I'm on some sort of blood pressure med that happens to relax the uterus and help prevent contractions. Can't quite recall the name of it off hand. DH and I are going to try and figure things out one way or another. Asking his parents for help is pretty useless. All they are really concerned with are their wants and needs and less with our own. It's complicated. My mom is doing a lot for us and I really appreciate it. We will make it work one way or another. I just can't help but worry since this definitely isn't how I was imagining things going.

Well the nurses totally humored me and let me come in to try the doppler--heard the little heartbeat thumping away! What a relief :) Despite my logical brain, I cried on the way over there. I'm good now though... I'm not sure about stool softner; she seemed to think this was the issue, and not the exercising. I'm afraid of what it might do. Maybe I'll try it on the weekend?!

Love, gotcha...plenty of things in life do not go as planned. I'm sorry you have to figure this one out...maybe the doc will bring you some good news today :) How was your trip, by the way?

Stool softeners dont' make you go', it just makes it 'easier to go' as i've been told MANY times by nurses lol! So you are fine to take them! They gave them to me in the hospital after having kylar, tid bit of into for you first time mothers, the first BM after delivery is HELL. lol i think it took me over 1 week to finally have one! Ouch. Something not many people tell you... haha. And 6 months later i still bled each time I had one. But that might be bc of my really bad episiotomy? Not sure. Sorry for the TMI, haha, but no one warned me of that and it was not a pleasant surprise!!

Sorry you had such a scare ready! But I'm glad it appears everything is ok and you got to hear the heartbeat!

Ready- see everything is just fine with your little bean. Spotting can be caused by almost anything really. The fact that it was only just that once and then vanished is a good thing. Glad you were able to stop in for a listen on the Doppler. That is always reassuring.

My trip was interesting. DH couldn't get the time off so I ended up going alone. My family forbid me from driving so they bought me a plane ticket instead. My flight out on Wednesday was supposed to leave at 7. I was at the airport at 4:30ish and through security before 5. Wasn't expecting it to go that fast. I was told to skip ahead of the security line since I was very noticeably a plus one. Got to love special treatment. Well it started to storm and they closed the airport for a bit canceled my flight. I went back to the ticket counter to rebook for a later flight. There was an 11:25 flight they put me on standby for but there were 30 people waiting so I wasn't able to get on that flight. I was confirmed for a flight at 1 so I finally managed to get out of Chicago after idling in the airport for 8 hours. It was worth it though. I had a nice time with my family and it was a much needed break. My family bought tons of baby stuff for me that my mom brought home since she drove out there and I took a plane back. I found this wonderful diaper bag while I was there. It's huge and has tons of pockets and it's really pretty. I thought it was perfect for only $25. Get to the register and I come to find out it was on clearance for $13.. So I bought two of them lol.

Thanks girls :hugs:

Sounds like you had quite the trip, Love! It's very cool that you got to see your family and they got to participate by shopping for fun baby items... I'd love to have a shower with my family, but they're so far away that I don't see it happening. Your diaper bag sounds great & a like a good deal :)

Hey, repo, where are you? We were expecting pics!

Ready- glad all is well! Time to buy a doppler for you to have at home:) also- you shouldnt be doing crunches anymore.....all the other stuff should be ok, but now since you spotted I'd be afraid to do the workouts anymore!

Love- when was this trip? I got lost! Lol. I know you are in hospital, and can't work, but suddenly the trip came up and I was lost. (not hard to lose me though)

Kiki- fingers crossed for you, i hope the wacky cycle means something in your case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->