Those that TTC together, Stick together!! 4 BABY BOYS/3 BABY GIRLS

Heather and NY, your pics are so gorgeous! What adorable bumps you have. :hugs: Heading out to the mountains for a while, ladies. I'll try to check in to see if any babies are born!

Thanks rosa- heading to the mountains? Go make some babies! Lol. ....are you given the go ahead to try and work on that even before your consult appointment?

Thanks Heather- That helps me so much to hear what others used for BF cuz I didn't do it the first time around. Never even bought a pump, so I obviously wasnt very dedicated to "trying" it. For the disposable nursing pads you bought, now, do you always wear them to stop for leaking? I don't plan to nurse in public, or at other people's houses, just pumping and bottle feeding then. I only want to nurse from the boob at home....so will I need these nursing pads still?

Yes, it would be a good idea to get them soon too, I started leaking with kylar at 28 weeks! lol! This time though I haven't leaked at all!! If you are in public, you may not be feeding, but your baby could cry or even giving him a bottle could make your milk let down! In the beginning anyway, I had to wear the pads 24/7! After my milk regulated at about 3 months post pardem, I didn't wear them very often, i didnt have a lot of excess. But in the beginning, the milk is trying to regulate to what baby needs ,so at least for me, there was always too much, then there was too little (but thats a whole other issue, lol)

Kylar, those are gorgeous pics & memories!! :) Ny, you brave thing, nice work toughing it out for your daughter :thumbup:

I am all a-flutter waiting to hear from Love! Hope you are doing well!!

Yesterday, we tried out my doppler for the first time. After about a minute, found that little woosh-woosh! DH timed it at about 150bpm, for whatever it is worth. I had just had a teeny bit off coffee so maybe she was all amped up? Or maybe it is a boy afterall, who knows, but it was extremely reassuring to hear it!

Ny- I would definitely invest in disposeable nursing pads. I have heard from several different mothers that leaking early on is an issue. Hearing a baby cry, even if it isn't your own, could cause you to start leaking through your clothes. Glamorous right?

Kylar- I can understand your point, but I just see things differently. I imagine if you started to go very fast they would put a rush on your section if at all possible, though it might be a good idea to start mentally preparing yourself in the event you aren't able to have a section (since you fear you'll go fast). I know labor is going to hurt, we've all had someone tell us a horror story involving child birth. I just try not to think about it. Luckily I have a rather high pain threshold, but I know very well it's going to be the worst pain I have even felt. I am a big believer in mind over matter in a lot of instances. I've had several piercings and a couple tattoos in my lifetime and have noticed the mindset you walk in with really affects the experience. The more you psych yourself up for the pain, the more it actually hurts. If you acknowledge it's going to hurt but try to put it out of your mind the pain isn't nearly as bad. That is how I'm going into the birthing experience. It's going to hurt, more than I can imagine, but my body was designed to do this and I'll make it through just like so many women before me. I really hope you get your section as planned but try not to make things worse by worrying about the pain of something that may not happen.

Ready- I'm still here and still pregnant. More cramps and contractions everyday but nothing that sends me rushing to L&D. Darn.

Kylar- thanks! I put a bunch of different organic washable ones and a bunch of disposable ones and some of those gel pads on my registry. It was awesome, I learned last night I could do the registry right online. Lol. Except for the bigger items that we need to go to the store to pick out. What kinda pump do u use? I found some good deals on the medela ones on ebay, but have also seen brand new Playtex one in stores new for only 100 bucks....but this didnt look like it had the cooler storage thing inside the carrying case like the medela ones do......also, do you use a sterilizer bag or buy a sterilizer machine?

*****I am so sorry everyone that I keep asking questions about baby stuff right now, im trying to learn all I can about this whole baby world again I feel lost!

150 is perfectly fine Ready. It could be a girl:) Thats what they normally are. But also, I know ours started 160ish at 11 weeks, went down to 140's 13 weeks, and then was 130's the rest of the time......so this is common. My doc said anywhere from 120-160 and if it DOESNt fluctuate is when they start to get nervous I guess. Yay for your first time hearing it! Pretty awesome. I cannot believe you are so far along. 2nd tri! Just unbelievable to me. i feel as though i've been pregnant for ages, and here, you are in the same tri as me for a week! Crazy. Did the barfy feeling ever go away for you? Mine's returning some days now but ive not puked at all. I have horrible acid reflux heart burn feeling often. YUCK

Ready- I love the woosh woosh sound!! Could listen to that all day, except when he moves and causes all that static lol. Only once did we hear LO's heartrate reach 150 and I was really surprised because I thought it was so high. Doctor wasn't concerned at all. Normally his averages in the 130 range. Have you thought about a private scan to find out the gender?

Ny- I did my registry online too! WAY easier! lol! Plus it just gave me a list of things I needed whether or not other people got them for me or not, I now have a list of what I still want eventually! Plus it's fun! My pump is medela, and from what I've experienced, heard & read, it's the best brand. But doesn't mean one of the others wouldn't work fine! I lucked out and got mine given to me by a really good friend, it was a $250-$300 one! Whichever route you choose I highly reccommend using a double electric one! If you do one boob at a time, the other one will leak out all over while your pumping the other side, lol. I dont mind the baby questions, I love helping people from my experiences! I b/f for 9 months, and we had a LOT of trouble with it off and on the entire time, but I stuck it out and learned tons about it from each trial and error! I never used a drop of formula the entire time until the end!! If you buy one of the boxes of the medela bottles, which you will need bc they are the only things that fit on the pump to pump the milk into, then you can put them in whatever bottles you want to feed baby, but you will need at least 2 of the the bottles that fit the machine, but anyway, in those boxes i think they give you one sterilizer bag for free! it lasts for awhile, but those bags arent expensive and work great! I did have a bottle warmer that doubled as a sterilizer with kylar, but after a few months it got really gross, the little bits of milk that would spill over would burn onto it and were almost impossible to get off, so everytime I turned it on, it smelled like burnt milk... yummm.... so this time I think I'm just sticking to the sterilizer bags for the parts, and im sure i'll just wash the bottles in the dishwasher! ;) Hope this helps!!
Also- My pregger friends, I recommend getting a pack of cheapo underwear, you will ruin your underwear for the first few weeks :/ Also some more things i've remembered at the last min lately- petroleum jelly for the umbilical chord care, if you are having a boy- u will need hydrogen peroxide to care for the circumsision (they give you stuff for this at the hopstial , but for when you get home) , If you dont already have saline drops and a nose sucker... a lot of babies get really nasal congested after birth, and i think i mentioned the gas drops before. If I think of anything else I'll let ya know!

heather- most of the pumps come with the two bottles that the breast shields attach to, is this what you mean, or should I get extra medela bottles as well. And yes, Ive heard great things of those steriliser bags and plan to use that for the pump equipment.

Do you use a steriliser for nuks and toys or anything? Im seeing some that you put in microwave now....never had that stufdf when Ella was born, wondering if you've had experience with that.

I never leaked with ella while pregnant, and haven't yet. Fingers crossed! I'd be so embarrassed if I were in public my first time. Lol.

Oh, and also, my friend the other day told me they dont do anything or put anything on the cord anymore? Idk, maybe that was just where she delivered......do you do petroleum jelly on the circumcision to keep from drying to diaper?

When i breastfed i never used a pump or a bottle ever, i just fed exclusively until 4/5 months and then introduced a beaker cup for water or juices (this was back when they said you could wean from 4 mths), mine got the hang of that quickly and both stopped feeding by 7-9mths. I think if you are breastfeeding then whats the point in sterilizing pumps and bottles but of course each to their own and it does mean other people can help with the feeds.

Dee- work! Lol. We can't nurse a baby while at work, you know!

Also, baby is supposed to be on milk until about 1, and I am sure I will be pumping it for bottles before that as Im not much for the bigger babies on the boob. Wouldnt dream of doing juice that early!

Definitely for the daddy to be able to feed the baby is a big reason. Thats a great time for them and want him to have that!

And to pump and dump once in a while if i want to have a glass of red wine. ...can't wait to have one again!

Also, for public, I dont wanna boob feed.

And i've heard that its good to pump one boob while baby eats on the other because its hard to have it always eating from both of them and this wont waste milk.

SO....lots of reasons to pump in my opinion!

Juice is fine early NY - only diluted of course - they used to use that in the old days for constipation. Once you start weaning you still carry on with the milk of course!

I dont think i could work when a baby was very young.

I dont even know if i'll go back to work every, we'll see....

I had read to not start them out with something sweet for baby food/juice as it gets their taste buds expecting that and not liking vegetables then. And this was true with my daughter. I had a hard time because her first baby food was yummy fruit of some sort and had a really tough time with any vegetable so this time I will vow to start the baby with peas. Or carrots or something gross!

Well everyone had their own ideas i think, we were advised a decade ago to begin weaning from 4 mths but now they said never before 6, so i guess its down to the mothers judgement. I used to boil my own vege and blend them for the babies, they loved sweet potato and carrot because it was sweet i guess! I tried to give a good variety :)

Did they advise you to mix cereal with formula for any part? I remember that being a supplementation for if they were getting a little bit more hungry, before doing baby food. I have to research this all again....been a while.

Yes the first thing i gave i think was baby rice with a little milk from a spoon.
We have these things called 'rusks' here that are like biscuits but go all mushy when added to milk - i used them next i think laong with fruit and veg purees. I need to research it all again too, its been a decade for me!

So... the last hour of work I started timing my contractions and they are about 10-ish minutes apart, at least they were between 3 and 4. They don't hurt, it's just a tightening feeling that lasts between maybe 5 seconds to 45 seconds. The minor cramps I've been having are starting to become slightly more intense but nothing really painful. If I'm walking around or busy chatting, anything that keeps my mind occupied, I barely notice the contractions at all. I called the after hours line and they are going to page the doctor and I should hear back from her within a half hour or so. So this could possibly be it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->