Those that TTC together, Stick together!! 4 BABY BOYS/3 BABY GIRLS

Poor you Love - you must be so ready for this to get going! I'm crossing everything that somehow things just kick off very soon for you x

Dee, how are you feeling, any more spotting going on?

Love, yikes! for the bloody show...FX it means progress... Good to hear you are 3 or 3 1/2 at least ( a third of the way!) I know you are SO ready and I'm very excited for you!

Hey, question for some of you ladies...where did you all register? I've heard that babies r us is more expensive than some other places, so I'm not sure if I should go there. There is a buybuybaby near me that has pretty good prices & a lot of stuff, but not one near where our famlies live. Any suggestions? I was thinking about adding things to a list as I think of it instead of making a big project out of this in a couple of months.

LOVE, this sounds promising, sounds like progress.... Updates.....

DEE, how are you feeling?

READY, we have both near us. I think that if there is not one near your family/friends, you may have to result to something that is, unless they are interested in buying offline? Target and Baby Depot (Burlington Coat Factory) are great as well! GL

:dust: Ladies, sending lots and lots of :dust: to this thread!

I am feeling pretty yukky today if i am honest, its hot and muggy here today and i have even less energy than normal plus a stinking headache and constant nausea. I know these are good signs so i am not trying to sound moany.
Had a streak of brown this morning but since googling and asking a few people on BnB i think its just related to the internal scan i had yesterday, i pray so. Nothing else so far this afternoon.
I feel like i could sleep for a year..lol

Dee- I'm so ready!! But then again I'm not lol. Some moment all I think is "come on out already!!" then there are moments where I ask myself "am I really ready for this??" and start to feel rather nervous about the whole thing. Sorry to hear you aren't feeling so well today. Don't feel bad for moaning, it's just part of the pregnant way lol. Pregnancy just isn't fun all the time, honestly not even half the time. Despite how long we try or how much we want to be huge and pregnant-- the truth is it's uncomfortable most of the time in one way or another and we deserve to have a moan about it!

Ready- a bloody show is not at all what I imagined, and despite seeing pictures posted (because all of us bnb ladies LOVE to share ALL the details lol) it just didn't register to me that it would be so gross. Since then when I get up I have to run to the bathroom because I start to leak.. It's pretty gross. Like a gooey mucusy cm. The best way I can describe it is fertile (egg white) cm in copious amounts. Now where was this stuff when we were trying to get pregnant lol.

As for the registry, we pretty much stuck to Babies R Us. They have a much wider selection and every time we were in there we ended up wih so many 20% off one baby item coupons. I still have leftovers. Buy Buy Baby was a little more pricey on some things though we did buy a few items from there that Babies R Us didn't carry. There's nothing that says you can't register at more than one store. Browse around a few places and see what you like best. If you like something that is at a store your family doesn't have nearby they can always order online or what my inlaws did-- have you pick it up then give you a check for it. It doesn't really matter how expensive some things are as long as you have a variety of price ranges included. You'll end up buying some things yourself and it's better to get what YOU want than to settle for something you don't really care for. I tried to settle on a stroller and I just couldn't. I was very upset over the whole thing until we worked it out.

I still cant decide and make the final decision for a stroller! Thats my toughest decision...picking a crib to me isnt very hard, and all the other bouncy chairs, highchairs, and swings are pretty easy, but stroller system. WOW thats a big decision. Lol.

One day i've decided on a Graco, then the next I see a Britax I like or a different Graco or whatever...so tough!

I shop mostly at baby's r us also. Target for some things, but they dont have many choices. And i've not known anything of a buybuybaby so dont know!

We lucked out with our stroller. We just went in one day to browse and asked one of the ladies working there (an old coworker of DH's in fact) about strollers because quite honestly we were overwhelmed. Right away she pointed us to the Chicco Cortina and we didn't look at another stroller afterwards. The carrier clicks in and out without having to worry about strapping it in. The actual stroller portion can support a newborn. The back of the chair lays all the way flat and the leg rest folds up and locks in place to where if a binky or bottle is dropped it won't roll out of the stroller onto the ground. It steers really well and it folds up nicely with the lift of a handle. What really sold us on it was the fact that once you put the carrier on it snaps in securely where as other strollers you have to actually strap it in. If it isn't strapped in and anyone (excited pet, child, or even adult) comes up and puts any pressure on the carrier it tips backwards, some will tip so far back that the carrier can flip all the way out. Not something I was comfortable with, especially if taken to a shopping center or park where there are easily excited children and/or other people.

Yep, we were looking at Chicco too and comparing to the Graco and had a few things that we liked better of the Graco. Its still a tough decision though as I go online and find other types that I like also! Lol.

The thing I would really suggest is looking at it in store before deciding. I originally tried looking online to pick one out but had no idea what I was looking for. Seeing it in store really helped. I could touch them, push them around and really examine them to see what I did and didn't like about each of them. It's tough making a decision, especially for us since we have never done this before and had no idea what qualities to look for.

Thanks, all... It's interesting, Love, that you found buybuybaby to be more expensive on some things. I believe it, I just haven't shopped around much yet. I feel like Target's selection is a lot more limited (at least in the store) than the big places. Where do you get BRU coupons?

BTW, ew ew gross on the bloody show. Our bodies can really be nasty sometimes! Thank goodness we can talk about that stuff here; most people would say no thanks!

Love- we did go to the store actually and tested out the chicco ones they have and the graco ones also. Pretty sure on the Graco and I need to not look online anymore! Oh, and I have done this before. 7 years ago. I know what to look for definitely!

I agree, yuck for bloody shows! Lol. But yay for you. That never happened to me. My water breaking was my first labor sign. It was like 4 am! And lucky me, it waited until I woke up and went to the bathroom. But after water breaking I had all sorts of yucky stuff coming out of there while walking into the hospital and stuff. Pads were my bff!

ready- buybuybaby is fairly comparible on some things but a lot of their other stuff can get pretty pricey. Target's online selections isn't all that much more than what is in store which is why I didn't register with them. If you sign up with babies r us they will mail you their flyer periodically that will have a 20% off coupon attached. Also when you shop in their store on the receipt they will print out the 20% off coupons-- it's really easy to end up with a stock pile of them which is great when purchasing the crib, stroller, and car seat. DH and I saved hundreds of dollars alone between those three items. Just on the crib we saved about $100.

Clearly the minor sweep my doctor did got things started-- I've been losing a lot more mucus. Who would have thought there was that much goo blocking a cervix... it's disgusting. I was moaning to DH about it earlier and all he could really offer was this sad look of sympathy. I lucked out with him, he doesn't mind when I tell him all the gross and icky details.

ny- that's a problem I had, even after I picked something I kept looking "just in case". Then you get all confused and second guess whether or not you made the right choice. I was actually upset for a couple days after we set up the crib. I'd seen it dozens of times in the store but once it was set up at home I started thinking "maybe I should have picked somethinge else". Certainly gave DH a headache lol.

Lucky you didn't have to deal with the show. I wouldn't mind so much if it was just the one time-- not every time I get up after sitting for a while having to run off to the bathroom to clean up the goo.. I keep hoping my waters will break. I'm so not looking forward to work tomorrow with all this mucus that keeps coming out. I'm quite excited for my appointment on Thursday, it's at 10:05am. Doctor will be doing an actual sweep!! Just the tiny bit he did yesterday seems to have really progressed things. Hopefully I'll be at least 4cm dilated when he checks me. I have a feeling that a full sweep is what'll really get this ball moving and I'm quite excited. DH and I have been having plenty of sexy time to try to speed things along lol. It has to be soon!!

Hehe its not 'goo', it's fantastic secretions that kept bubba safe from outside germies. lol

I didn't show with my daughter, i woke early morning feeling like i was peeing my pants but the waters were very slowly trickling out ....lol

Good luck Love x

Hehe to all the goo talk and whatnot. I had a bad dream that my water broke, too early...don't know why as it is the first time in months I have had a worrisome dream about pregnancy. We had date night last night & saw Harry Potter :thumbup:

Thanks for the tips, Love, on registering & coupons...I'm feeling the itch bad, and I think I probably will end up at BRU, even if some items are more expensive than online. It's so much more fun for family to physically walk into the store to shop, so I can cater to that. I walked around a baby store at lunch yesterday...sigh...so much to choose from. I'll be just like you girls, agonizing over every purchase. :) FX for Roman in the next few days!!

I am exhausted. I worked yesterday and I've finally reached that point where doing just about anything wears me out. The past couple nights I haven't gotten enough sleep, but how can you when you're bladder says you have to wake 4-6 times or more a night? I'm getting ready for my doctors appointment now and will be leaving shortly. Magical sweep here I come!! It has to do something since the partial I had Monday caused so much mucus loss. Fingers crossed!!

So my appointment was a bit of a disappointment. I saw one of the partners because my doctor is out of town, which I knew before scheduling. Unfortunately I didn't get the sweep I thought I would :[. I'm slightly more dilated than I was on Monday, which I guess is better than nothing. 90% effaced and baby is head down in my pelvis but he bounces in and out of it a little bit so I don't know what that means. I made another appointment with my doctor this time for Tuesday afternoon if nothing has happened by then. This doctor said if by next week I haven't gone into labor then we will probably start discussing induction.. Which I really wasn't wanting to do. He said hopefully I'll go this weekend but I'm honestly not that hopeful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->