those who do Santa

Everything is wrapped (unless it is massive and can't be wrapped), and still in boxes. He tends to pick one or two things that he wants to play with so we will unbox what he wants as the morning goes on. He got a bit to overwhelmed with unwrapping since he gets more gifts at the in-laws so this year I am only loosely putting tissue on his stocking gifts.

I will continue to put things out on Xmas eve when he doesn't believe as I think it is much more fun that way. That is how my mother did it too.

As a child all of our gifts came from Santa and they were always wrapped in their boxes. I think it was really exciting not knowing what we were going to unwrap and then trying to get each toy out of its box.

With my DS we have a few gifts that go under the tree, wrapped in their boxes from mum and dad, on Christmas Eve. The rest of the gifts and stockings are from Santa. They are also all wrapped in their boxes, except one or two that DH builds and we have set up unwrapped. This year it'll be DS1's game table and DS2's trike that will be unwrapped. Stocking fillers are never wrapped.

Interesting to see all the different traditions. Since starting this thread I've gone back forth between wrapping or not, and I've finally decided not to wrap Santa. It's hard to let go of a tradition! For me as a child, having Santa gifts displayed and not wrapped was so exciting; I can remember standing there shaking as I was taking it all in. Plus, we did our first advent this morning and daughter wanted me to unwrap it! I'm not wrapping Santa and then unwrapping for her LOL!! Of course, there's still 23 days to change my mind (again) :)

I don't take things out or put batteries in unless its something I want set up and unwrapped, so it isn't often that it happens.
My eldest no longer believes, but as the younger ones do we still put them out on Christmas Eve and he still has a 'pile from Santa'
I look forward to being able to put family presents under the tree as they are given to us again. We did it a couple of years ago, but last year and this year I don't think DS4 could keep his hands off them so I'll leave it another year I think.
I remember as a teen my Mum would put them under the tree as they were wrapped and it was exciting coming home from school and finding a few more under there and having a look to see if there were any more for me, trying to guess what they were. I think once they all stop believing I will probably do similar to that and put them under as they are wrapped. Hopefully we have another 6-8 years before that though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->