Those who will have 2 under 2's..............

Snap!!!!! Just found out I'm pregnant again and my lo has just turned 1 there will be 20 months between them! I'm desperate for some positive stories!!! All everyone keeps telling me is how hard it will be etc etc I'm scared of telling people I'm pregnant because of what their response will be!!!
What age gap will you have?!

hi.
When this one makes an appearance my oldest will be 16 months.
I am nervous but also realistic enough to think it will be tough but after the first 6 months it will get better.
I was a nanny for 15 years and I have had close age gapsbefore I got through it and I will get through it with mine and probably enjoy nearly every minute of it. Lol

my main way of coping after speaking to others will be a routine, set bedtimes and lots of chocolate. Lol.
We can do it and just think how close thechildren will be.
Xx

I'll have 21 months between mine so not a very small age gap but still 2 under 2. I'm excited :). I know it will be tiring and probably quite hard in the early days but the bond they will (hopefully) have, seeing them grow up able to play together and have the relationship I had with my siblings (I have 1 brother 2 years older, one 2 years younger) is my reason for choosing to have 2 under 2 and I will hold onto that when I'm functioning on 2 hours sleep :haha:

Mine will be 17 months apart, and I personally am really excited! I know how much hard work I have ahead of me, though I'm really hoping I get a better sleeper this time than I did with Eva (3 hours sleep a night in one hour blocks for 5 months fairly takes it out of you!) but I know I'll get through it. I also intend for hubby to take a more active role this time round - no more acting like super mum while he sleeps through because he has work in the morning, think again sunshine! And I will ask for help from my mum more too. But at the end of the day Eva is the light of my world, so I can't wait to have 2! :flower:

Mine will be 18months apart...one half is running round screaming thinking what the hell are we doing,.... :loopy:

But then i think of the brill stuff, hopefully they will be great friends, they will both be in school by the time im 30, iwill never have to change another nappy after 3 yrs. (Well assuming we stick wit two).Im already in baby mode whats another year or two?

I think as i get my head around it i get more excited, yea it will be hard but worth it.

Yeah!!! Lots of positive vibes!! Your right about never having to change nappies again in a few years time amd I always wanted two so when really is the right time! Amd defo the oh is not getting away with it as easy this time

My two boys are 17 months apart, so i had 2 under 2 for a bit. Im expecting again and this time it will be an 18 month age gap so i'll have 3 under 3.

you guys will all do fine :flower: it seems scary, trust me, i know, but it actually ended up working out great and a lot of my friends with larger age gaps tell me they are amazed at how different things are for me than what they would have expected....it really helps that your older one has yet to reach the true terrible twos before the arrival of your second. It def works in your favor :thumbup:

:haha: That is EXACTLY how I feel! We will have a 17 month age gap between our little ones. I love the idea of having them be so close as they grow up but I'm also terrified of having to wrangle two very young children. I am due a month before my third semester of schooling starts too, complete with one 12hr clinical day each week. I have no idea what I was thinking!!!

Mine are 18 months apart, it's easier than you think!! It's so much easier in fact that i agreed with my OH that we would get a puppy, which we did when baby no'2 was only 6 weeks old! lol. Seriously, don't stress, once you are in a routine you will be fine!

There will be 20 months between amelia and #3 and the only thing I'm really concerned is making sure liam gets enough attention.

My DS1 and DD are 1yr 9m apart. It's hard work but you will be fine! It's nice that they're close in age!

Ours will be almost exactly 20 months apart. I'm excited! We knew we wanted to try right away and have them be close in age. Besides all the positive things you lovely ladies have already mentioned, I'm also excited about the fact that Ozzy will not really remember a time that he didn't have a little brother or sister. :)

I won't this time but I had 20 months between my 1st and 2nd.
My first baby was so easy and a dream and so I had convinced myself it would be really exciting and wonderful. And don't get me wrong it was but number 2 was so different. It was hard work but I'm glad I had them close and wanted the same sort of gap again each time.didn't work out but it's what I tried for

Mine are 18 months apart, it's easier than you think!! It's so much easier in fact that i agreed with my OH that we would get a puppy, which we did when baby no'2 was only 6 weeks old! lol. Seriously, don't stress, once you are in a routine you will be fine!

how is ur first though? mine is very hard work and demanding constantly:wacko:
she also has a temper on her constantly. if she was chilled out or like a normal 15month old i wouldnt be worried

she also has a temper on her constantly. if she was chilled out or like a normal 15month old i wouldnt be worried

I feel your pain! Amelia is VERY demanding. She naps in my arms on the sofa and 7-10 the same. I've just put a mattress on the floor in our bedroom and the most she's slept on there was 10-2, then the rest of the night she bed shares. She's also decided to wake up at 5:30 every day (today was 4:50!!)

That's why I'm so worried about having enough time for Liam. I don't even have a babysitter who can take the youngest 2 to give me an hour alone with him

x

She turned 2 a few days ago, that's only when the temper tantrums started. My 4 month old is very easy to keep content. The dog's just hitting teen hood and bouncing off the walls, if it wasn't for him i think i'd have an easy life lol

Dudettes if I can do it single then don't worry.

Split from ex shortly after becoming pregnant again(and no his doesn't help another story) DD had just turned 1. They're now 2 and 6 months.

First 6 weeks are the hardest, but once you nail the routine you are good to go.
Everyone tells you it's hard going from 1 to 2 because it is, I'm not gonna lie but it's seriously not that bad. About 80% of the time its cool, but 20% of the time for about maybe 5 minutes a day you want to get a plane to Mars and not come back. This is usually when they are both crying or a simple task like getting out the door goes wrong and it take an hour to complete.
My top tips
1:get a routine in place straight away. If your toddler doesn't have one get them it to one quick, the new baby will follow suit.
2: do as much together as possible. When baby is small get dad to help with bathing kids together, feed dinner together etc.
3: If you haven't already start online food shopping. Big weekly shops with two restless kids are not fun. It's 2013 embrace it.
4: Always get yourself dressed first.
5: try and enjoy it, remember they won't be babies forever don't wish it away.

i can honestly say that it was much harder to go from no kids to 1 than it was from 1 child to 2. In all seriousness you have already done the hardest part - becoming a parent! I can sincerely tell you that the adjustment to having one child was far more challenging than the adjustment to two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->