Those who will have 2 under 2's..............

My son will be two years two months when the twins get here so I'll have 3 under 3. Terrified isn't the word! I'm kind of excited though and I think I'll be quite surprised with how I handle it. I'm definitely going to be accepting help that is offered rather than saying I'm fine when I'm not like I did with DS.

DS will turn 2 end of Nov and Im due beggining of Oct. Im thinking the first month will be super tough but when the new bub settles to our life and routine it should be ok!

DS got some health concerns and might be post operation in cast when Im due so its stressing me out a bit but im sure we will be fine :D

Me.....jack will be 23 months. So only just 2 under 2, but he is a bit of a nightmare at the moment with the tantrums! I guess the toddler will be harder work than the baby :wacko:
I'm going to embrace it and try and enjoy as this one is definitely our last.

I worried about jack hurting the baby, 'more eyes required!! He has a habit of chucking toys if he doesn't get his own way and don't want the baby to be on the end of it. Maybe I will dress him/her In body armour until they can fend for themselves! :haha:

There will be 20 months between DD 1 and DD 2, I am actually looking forward to it! I know it will be hard early on, but I'm hoping that their closeness in age will make them close as they grow up together!

Mine will be 16 months apart! And while I know the first while is going to be tough Im really excited about them being close in age! Éabha is my whole world & I cant wait to give her a little brother or sister!

Mine will be 11.5 months apart if I manage to go full term this time :/ trying not to worry about it too much and just pretend all will be fine lol :)

Mine will be 11.5 months apart if I manage to go full term this time :/ trying not to worry about it too much and just pretend all will be fine lol :)

You don't need to pretend, everything will be fine. Within a couple of weeks it will feel so normal you'l forget what it was like to only have one baby.

Where abouts in Surrey are from? I grew up in carshalton x

There will be 14 months for me. I'm excited but terrified. Will have another baby like Ava! She suffered with colic and reflux and I remember the 5 hours straight of screaming every night like they were yesterday! She has also never been a sleeper and. A count the amount of times she's slept through on one hand.

Things I will do differently this time ...

1- won't feel like I have to be doing something with the baby every moment he's awake. I won't be afraid to let him lie and look at his play gym toys if he's happy.

2- won't desperately try to get him to sleep. Getting into rocking, holding, bouncing and shushing when she would have settled quietly without was just stupid of me!

3- I guess I'm not going to be able to sprint to him like an Olympic runner every time he makes a tiny noise

I think I'm most worried about being able to keep to Ava's routine whilst fitting in breast feeding, extra nappy changes etc. and also them waking each other up!

Im having twins so will be 3 under 2! lol...but LO has 24/7 nursing so that will be a definite blessing...

My son will be two years two months when the twins get here so I'll have 3 under 3. Terrified isn't the word! I'm kind of excited though and I think I'll be quite surprised with how I handle it. I'm definitely going to be accepting help that is offered rather than saying I'm fine when I'm not like I did with DS.

I'm going to have 3 under 18 months, definitely terrified, but hoping with the small gap I can get at least one nap where they all sleep together.

mine are all 20/21 months apart this will be the 3rd time ive got an under 2 yr old and newborn at the same time, I do find parts of it challenging dealing with 2 yr old stages plus a newborn but they play so well together as they grow up

any questions ask away

Mine will be 20 months apart. I am TERRIFIED.

I think the hardest bit for me with them being close in age was that it is quite hands on 24/7
I agree with the other mums though routine saves your life when there is more than one of them or even more than 2. relax about the housework and dont plan to be supermum from day one, getting out and about sure did help get them settled nicely.
My kids can be a utter joy one moment and utter disaster zone the next but that is normal for kids and you gotta roll with the punches,
The thing i find hardest is when more than one of them is sick at a time it then feels like all hell has broken loose till they are better lol thankfully they dont get sick often

You don't need to pretend, everything will be fine. Within a couple of weeks it will feel so normal you'l forget what it was like to only have one baby.

we recently moved from there...where are you now?

we recently moved from there...where are you now?

I'm now living in Luton, Bedfordshire but still regularly visit family in Carshalton x

well my son will be roughtly 10-11 months dependernt on weather this one will come early like my son but if this one comes earlly too then they will be in the same acedemic year eeek x

Thanks for all these responses- I read them all with interest. Mine will also be 21 months apart and I lie awake at 3am on a regular basis freaking out about how to manage it. I'm sure it will be really fun when the baby is a year or so, but the first 3-6 months are going to be tough-- my DS is a very demanding and high maintenance little boy. Oy. Praying this next one is a sleeper and without colic unlike his or her big brother!

Mine will be about 21 months apart and I am terrified.
I'm already exhausted running after a toddler but hey, it's too late now haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->