Thought I was 6 weeks turns out I'm 4+5ish

Kantny09

Reaction score
So my last bleed started on 3/21 and it was actually a chemical pregnancy and not just a normal AF. I found out I was pregnant on 4/20. On 4/22 my beta was 119 and on 4/24 it was 340. They haven't checked it since. Going by my last bleed they were guessing I am 6 weeks even. Well I went in for my first ultrasound today and they saw a gestational sac and a yolk sac. They put me at or around 4 weeks and 5 days today! I was hoping to be farther along and see a heartbeat today but hey...I will take what I can get! I have had two failed pregnancies and neither of which got far enough to see ANYTHING on an ultrasound so I am beyond excited!!:happydance:

Looks like I will be having a January baby! I will know an exact due date once we can measure the little one! Anyone want to be buddies?

Congrats! Random question about dating though! When they tell you how far along you are, are they counting from your last period or from conception??

They count from your last period...which is why in the beginning they can be so far off. They can never tell when exactly you ovulate and/or conceive much less implant. So general rule of thumb is the 1st day of your last period. So if they say you are 4 weeks pregnant...you actually have a gestational age of 2 weeks...but they count the 2 weeks before...that is assuming you ovulated on CD14 like "normal" people. Some people ovulate late and some babies implant late...which would throw off the dates. It is really just best to wait until you are farther along and they can do an ultrasound to measure the size of the baby. That is when they can give you the most accurate due date.

So my last bleed started on 3/21 and it was actually a chemical pregnancy and not just a normal AF. I found out I was pregnant on 4/20. On 4/22 my beta was 119 and on 4/24 it was 340. They haven't checked it since. Going by my last bleed they were guessing I am 6 weeks even. Well I went in for my first ultrasound today and they saw a gestational sac and a yolk sac. They put me at or around 4 weeks and 5 days today! I was hoping to be farther along and see a heartbeat today but hey...I will take what I can get! I have had two failed pregnancies and neither of which got far enough to see ANYTHING on an ultrasound so I am beyond excited!!:happydance:

Looks like I will be having a January baby! I will know an exact due date once we can measure the little one! Anyone want to be buddies?

Congrats on your bfp. I'm having a January baby also. So if you want we can be buddies :)

Krissy I would love to be buddies!! Have you gone in for a scan yet? How far along are you?

Krissy I would love to be buddies!! Have you gone in for a scan yet? How far along are you?

Great :). And no scan yet. My first appointment isn't until June. My cycles varies so I'm anywhere from 4 weeks and 3-6 days or 5 weeks lol.

Congrats to you sweetie!! ^^ You and I will be carrying together!! My due date is in January as well!! Want to be friends? I am really sorry for your previous loss. Good luck ok, make sure to keep us updated!

Krissy - that is such a long time! After my two losses I pretty much demand early blood work and scans lol

Kiwiwberry - Thank you! I will definitely keep you guys posted.

Are yall having any symptoms yet? My boobs are super sore, I am tired ALL the time, hungry about every 3-4 hours and pee waay too much lol! Other than that I am ok...no morning sickness yet but I know I am not in the clear for that yet lol.

Yeah my boobs hurt like hell. I am also constantly nauseous. I am patiently waiting for my DH to get home work so we can eat something yummy for dinner. I also seem to have a lot of light cramping on and off. It was even to the point it woke me up from my nap earlier ><.

Krissy - that is such a long time! After my two losses I pretty much demand early blood work and scans lol

Kiwiwberry - Thank you! I will definitely keep you guys posted.

Are yall having any symptoms yet? My boobs are super sore, I am tired ALL the time, hungry about every 3-4 hours and pee waay too much lol! Other than that I am ok...no morning sickness yet but I know I am not in the clear for that yet lol.

I was trying to get something earlier but they said it has to be btwn 8-10 weeks so I was jus like ok fine. As far as symptoms. Their are times when im very very tired, I have aches in my abdomen and lower back, breast are kinda sore not to much, no morning sickness yet thank god, I craved tuna fish sandwiches with honey bbq chips ahahha, not to mention I pee like a damn race horse omg hahaha.

Seems like we all kind of have the same symptoms! I just can't wait to be out of the first trimester. I think then my worries will ease and I will just be able to enjoy it!

Yea neither can I. I def think it'll ease some of our worries. In which we will be able to start to enjoy the pregnancy more lol

So this morning I had my first horrible episode of morning sickness. Not to mention I came down with an awful cold over the weekend. Lol. Bring it on pregnancy!

Urrghhh I haven't had any morning sickness yet. But its still early lol. I felt nauseous when I was brushing my teeth yesterday tho. My boobs have been feeling alil heavier and sore tho.

Well I was hoping I was going to have one of those awesome bodies that metabolizes HCG so well that I never get morning sickness...lol I guess not! And my husband and coworker make fun of me because at random times throughout the day I will squish my boobs just to make sure they still hurt! :dohh:

Hahhaha u neva know. U may not have it for so long. And lmao at the squishing of the boobs that's hilarious lol.

How are you ladies doing? So ms has been in full effect these last few days! I am pretty much constantly nauseous and actually throw up about 2-3 times a day. I keep telling myself this is a good thing. But I am so nervous about my scan on Monday that in the back of my head I can't help but think...what if the nausea is just nerves and the pregnancy hasn't progressed anymore? I know it is normal to be worried. Especially after getting my hopes up on my last 2 pregnancies. But I am trying my hardest to stay positive!

Hope everyone else is doing good!

Hey hun. Urghh Ms blows. Thank god I haven't experienced it yet. I had it with my first pregnancy and was soo miserable lol. Hopefully it subsides soon tho. The only symptoms I've been having is sore nipples, peeing like a damn race horse, and twinges at night. And try not to worry, although easier said then done tho. I'm sure things will be fine :).

Hi ladies!

So I go in for my ultrasound in a few hours and I am so excited!! I have had zero spotting or anything like that. I started the thyroid medication so hopefully that is on its way to being under control. I have nausea, my boobs are huge and still hurt, and I pee all the dang time. All the symptoms are still there so I just don't see how anything could be wrong this time! We went ahead and told my step-son...he is 8...on Saturday so I am really looking forward to showing him a picture of a little baby!

How is everyone else doing?!

Hey lady really good to hear. I think everything will be fine for you honestly. Make sure u keeps us posted :). As for me my nipples have been really sore and I've been peeing like a racehorse. I haven't had any nausea thank god. I have an ultrasound next week Friday and im nervous as well but I'm sure we will both be okk lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->