Threading

AllyTiel

Reaction score
So I've gotten my eyebrows threaded before, and really liked the way they turned out. It doesnt seem to grow back thicker or anything either. Last time I was getting it done (which was only the second time lol), the lady asked if I wanted my upper lip done. :p As if I was sporting a stache. I do have a bit of hair on my upper lip like I assume all ladies do, and I do have brown hair so It's darker than blonde on my lip. It made me pretty self conscious and I want it gone but I'm so scared that it will grow back badly. And then eventually I'll have a 5 o clock shadow. One lady at a meetup I go to seems to have what looks like a 5 o clock shadow on her upper lip, but she is rather hairy, like on her arms. I do wonder if she waxes, shaves, or gets her upper lip threaded. It would just be horrifying to grow a mustache after getting your upper lip threaded, but I so want to get it done. My mom insists it will grow back worse. Any long time upper lip threaders here? I really need to know! Im 22 btw.

I have my upper lip waxed, it doesn't look any worse than it used to when it grows back

Ditto the PP :) I get mine waxed (but have had it threaded). I'm a blonde, but the hair darkens slightly when I use makeup. It hasn't changed the consistency of the hair. I think that's kind of a myth.

Oh, but don't get it done if you don't think you need to. I HATE when stylists make you feel like you need more done than you do. Sometimes they're just trying to make money. The lady I usually go to to get waxed was out sick one day and I went to a colleague of hers instead. She told me I needed my CHIN waxed. I mean, come on. I am a blonde. I am not that hairy! I use a magnified mirror with light to apply my makeup every day, so seriously, I would know.

No it wont do anything to change the hair but threading there is so very painful lol be warned!

Yes, it hurts so much more to have your lip threaded than waxed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->