Tick Tock Tick Tock..there goes my biological clock!

I think the president could do this, - if she wants :)

Also, only meant crazies in the sense that if we're nor organised our ideas will not be taken on board - god, i sound like some revolutionary, lol!!

Maybe something along the lines of 'Sign petition for over 35's ttc/pregnancy/parenting Forum Here'? And then put in a word in the other relevant forums?

Whatcha think? And please just go ahead and do it, honestly.. :):):)

i think crazies is great. i think a petition is a great idea and our president should definately start it and now i will join padbrat in a glass of wine as ithink we all deserve one as its been a very productive day!!!! cheers you sassy girls x sylv x

Vino!! Ok, im gonna sound like such a drunkard but in my own defense, you cant beat some cheese and wine :haha: Also, i blame this ttc business - " it wasn't my fault officer, my fertility made me do it"? :rofl:

Yes, definitely get on it girls!!! :thumbup:

Sounds like a good idea- now if we could only remember who the President was.....it was that chick named....hmmm......I can't seem to remember LOL

Is there room for one more? :hi: I've been on vacation and haven't posted anything in a while... missed the start of this thread... and I couldn't agree more that we "sassy" ladies need our own space on here!!

DH and I are both 36 (I'll be 37 in August), and we're ttc #1 after 2 mcs in 10 months. I have to ignore all the teens in the mc support forum, because even though I know it's trite and not at all helpful to them, they DO have all the time in the world to figure it out, at least compared to us! I never worried about my clock until my 1st mc - now it's pounding in my head and I can't shut it off!

We've started the mc tests so we're not technically ttc atm... we've had to just practice for the last two cycles. I'll have the hysteroscope and FSH in the next week or so... fx'd it's all clear, because every month feels like a wasted opportunity....

PS - we have one very spoiled furbaby, a 12yo cat. She's been a great nurse to me, though! :)

HappyAuntie, hello! So good to see you and of course you can join us. The more the merrier. We're just working out the details at the moment so if you have any ideas, throw them in the mix.

I hope all the tests go well for you. I've pretty much done them all and so far, they haven't found anything. I think there are still a few they could do. Could I offer some advice on the hysteroscopy? If you can, ask for something to numb you. I don't want to scare you, but I had it done with no numbing and it hurt like hell. It isn't a long procedure and once it is done, the pain doesn't linger. In fact, I went to work after I had it done. But the procedure itself is not pleasant without a numbing agent. So do ask for it. Good luck!

Hmmmm....who was that president anyway? Seriously, I don't mind getting something started ladies. I could take that as my first VP duty. I can post in TTCAL thread, obviously and the TTC thread. Maybe the Long Term TTC thread too. Any others?

I am up for helping out in any way that I can too... i think its a great idea.

hi sassy ladies well i took the bull by the horns and contacted wobbles. i explained how we would like a forum for sassy women and asked her to read this thread so hopefully they will see there are lots of us,that we love wine lol and that we deserve a forum. hope that was ok with you ladies and we get our forum x sylv x

Wow sylv, you go girl! At this point, maybe we should wait and see if we hear back from Wobbles. If we don't, then let's do the petition and then contact her again. How does that sound for a plan?

i HEART my sassy planners!

thanks Minty!!

And thanks for the painkiller tip, heart tree - I'll be sure to ask.

I am sure the administrators will do there best when making there decision about giving us our own section. Here's hoping. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Hi ladies, so cool to see that my tick-tock thread generated such a lively discussion. I like the "Over 35 PTC" (planning to conceive) for a name for the forum. The 'sassy planners' is good too, but only those who have participated in this thread will know what that means. I like to think that 2 years from now when we are all chatting about our one-year-old's respective birthday parties, that some other gals will be in the forum carrying on.

I haven't posted in a while, just busy with life. On progesterone to trigger AF though, and man that's good stuff. The midwife thought I might PMS on it, but I have to tell you gals, I feel great! I've lost 2 pounds in 5 days, not starving all the time, not taking 2-hour naps, my boobs softened up (didn't realize they were still trying to lactate!), and the best: got a libido back too. I might just stay on the progesterone juice for a few more weeks! Maybe then I fit back into the shorts I wore last summer. Well, a girl can dream, eh? Hope you all are enjoying the weekend and having good weather, wherever you are!

I would just like to say...goodluck to you all :hugs:

Theres a 23 yr gap between my two. I had my daughter young and decided to wait a few years, after being put off because of the labour :haha:
Fast forward a few years down the line...met a new guy, decide to have another baby. The problem wasnt getting pregnant, it was trying to hold onto them :cry: First time i miscarried at 6 wks...second time i had to let my wee boy go at 18wks due to abnormalities and third time i went into prem labour and lost my baby girl at 23 wks :cry:
My world stopped and we decided we wasnt going to try no more...BUT..it was always in my mind..what if..
So we did try an at the grand old age of 38 we had our gorgeous son Harry James :happydance: So stay positive, dreams do come true xxxxxxxxx:hugs:

thankyou honey its always great to hear sucess stories and your story is similiar to mine. i have 2 18 and 13 but then got married again and so want a child with my new hubby but we lost at 12 weeks. but your story has given me hope that e can do this so thankyou from the bottom of my heart it means so much to us all x sylv x

Hello ladies!

I am back... recovered from my wine addled rantings of Thursday... had a great weekend with friends, drank lots more wine and saw my lovely hubby for 2 whole days before he went away again! And he bought me a beautiful red dress for our hols because it was our anniversary... awwww bless...

Now enough about me...

Amos... tut tut tut... you know very well that you are the President... don't pretend you aren't! LOL

Heart... you are doing a great VP job!

Minty has her stomping boots on yipppeeeee.... hopefully Wobbles will help us... otherwise.... stomp stomp stomp!

Welcome new ladies, to our crazy, mad cap thread for us goldies! LOL

Jude, thank you for the hope x

hi honey so pleased you had a wonderful weekend you deserve it!!
well not heard anything yet from wobbles have you? i cant believe how many sassy women want a forum for us its great x sylv x

why thank you my battle bud Sylv ... how was your weekend? Did you join me in a wee sneaky drinky poo? LOL

Nope not a squeak from Wobbles... hmmm, must be patient I guess... not that I am any good at patience...

I think the number of ladies here should mean that a forum for us is needed and I feel so much more comfortable with you all because we are all glorious goldies together! xx

i did have a drink on thurs in honour of you!! weekend very confusing thanks to opks think i might of ovulated but really dont know so here i go again!!lol
but got my bding in so see what happens!!
and been trying to get my profile picture on here but it wont work!!
x sylv x

Hello ladies!

In the 2ww...blah! :)

I noticed a lot of discussion on names of the forum and must say that if you look at the set up of b&b they don't name forums anything so it will probably (hopefully!!) just be a section for over 35 ttc, pregnancy and parenting. I think that would be nice to have all those things as some of you (lucky ladies :)) already have children and those of us who get preggers and then have kids would also talk to likeminded people, no?

Doesn't mean we cant start little threads and clubs once (hopefully!!) its up and going :)

Sylv - what did you try to get as a avatar? Is it a pic on your pc or something you found on the web? I find pics you've taken yourself need to be re-sized but you can do that easily by signing up to photobucket or similar and just make it smaller. Otherwise there's stuff you should be able to use from b&b or copy and past from web. When picking things to copy it needs (most of the time anyway) to be as a bb code. Im really crap at this so if i can do so can you, hun!! :) Trust me! :) Let me know if i can help you, ok?

I think i might go and set up a petition or similar, no?

Love to you all..i feel like after such a long time on here where i have no landed between 2 chairs, quite literally (ttc too optimistic and young etc and lttc all about treatment and meds) and i don't belong in either - but here i feel quite at home and its great!!!

Mwah, lovelies!

Omi xxx

totally agree with you honey i feel so comfy on here with you sassy ladies and i like that its funny imformative and great banter.
its a photo that im trying, bless my son got him to have a try and he said that its to with the website. but then i wonder if he just could not be bothered to look properly for me!!lol
i will try again and see what happens thanks hon x sylv x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->