Time between rocking and crawling

L

Lena

Nathan can now get up on his hands and knees in to crawling position and rock back and fourth (he even likes to practice this in his sleep!). How long did your LO do this before they just set off crawling?

Hi hun, Harrison is doing the same so ill be watching this thread too xxx

Ruby was doing the rocking thing for at least a month before she crawled properly. But then, she cruised for nearly 5 months before walking! :)

only a couple of weeks between rocking and crawling here!

Alex was also crawling a couple of weeks after rocking x

we have been army crawling since 5mths, rocking since 6mths and now just a 7mths she can crawl.....BACKWARDS....!!!

Oooh I will be Interested to read the answers too because Astrid is doing the same and she's been crawling backwards for a bit now. Still can't quite master rolling
From back to tummy though!

LO rocked for maybe a week? :shrug: She was pretty much trying to escape from me from the moment she was born ;)

Thanks everyone. He seems pretty determined to do it because everytime i put him down on his back he immediately flips over and gets up on all fours, even doing it in his sleep. I wouldnt mind him putting it off a bit longer tho because he's already such a little monkey and hes not even mobile yet (well if you dont count rolling across the floor as mobile)

Hehe, Damien does it in his sleep too, its so cute!
He's been rocking for at least a couple weeks and still no 'proper' crawling yet! I think he is just happy enough commando crawling!

Rocking began at 6.5 months, commando crawling at 7.5 months, and he is still rocking now at 8 months. After rocking for a minute or two, he collapses onto his tummy and does the commando crawl. He also practices in his cot :) xx

My Bear also started to rock then a month later crawled. She started waking up at night a week before crawling to practice. Since two days ago she has become mobile!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->