Time of birth

Jessica60

Reaction score
Anyone know how I can find out the time of my childs birth. I know its sounds bad but I've forgotten exact time and I really want to know. It was 7 years ago now and I cant find my maternity notes

They do have it logged in your child's medical notes, you can phone the surgery and request to see them I believe

They do have it logged in your child's medical notes, you can phone the surgery and request to see them I believe

Thank you. The receptionist at my drs are bot too friendly but I will try.

It should be in your medical notes with your doctor :)

It should be on the birth certificate, in the 'when born' box.

It's different in the UK if that's where the poster is from. Our birth certificates dont state anything about the birth, only the parents details and babies name. The only way to get hold of the time of birth is to access the babies medical file

I'm UK, if you only have an abbreviated certificate then it may not be on that but it should be on the full version- I've just checked mine (from 50 years ago) and my Ds's from 9 years ago and it's on both. The info is on the birth card the hospital give you which you take when you go to register the baby, they take it straight from that.

The GP should have a copy of your baby’s birth record within your medical notes . It’s a summary of delivery and my one for DS is 3 pages .

If not maybe the hospital where he was born ?

It’s easy to forget ! I get mixed up with mine !

Not in the UK I've already checked that
I'm not sure where you are in the UK but it's certainly on all of my families (in Scotland). I tried to attach a photo of my Ds's but it wont let me. I thought it was a standard across the UK, I'm surprised different registry offices do things differently!
If you're having trouble getting the info from your gp it might be worth asking at the office you registered the wee one?

No definitely not on any of my childrens in the UK either (England)

Same here it's not on mine in Wales, I've always had full versions of birth certs

We were given a free full one with the girls then paid for extra but with DS we had to pay for them all !

They should just make is the same no matter where you live to avoid confusion !

We were given a free full one with the girls then paid for extra but with DS we had to pay for them all !

They should just make is the same no matter where you live to avoid confusion !
We get a free one too and pay for additional (at least we did the last time I was there) when I needed a full one replaced recently I didn't need to pay the full amount as I had an abbreviated version.

We got a free one but paid for a longer version too.

OP hope you get it!

Also, US birth cert times are also only as accurate as the nurse. My son was born at 9:18. I checked the time (clock literally in my eyeline and asked for it) exactly. His cert says 9:20. I know, I know. Minutes are minutes it’s close enough. But I’m a stickler. Even his notes say 9:20

Last edited:
I remember looking at the clock on the wall as dear son was lifted up and seeing 10:04, at the same time as I was doing this the midwife said out loud 'time of birth 10:04'

I remember looking at the clock on the wall as dear son was lifted up and seeing 10:04, at the same time as I was doing this the midwife said out loud 'time of birth 10:04'
Oh they said aloud time of birth 9:18 but yet still put it in the notes and his certificate as 9:20. Annoys me to this day lol. But at least it’s not like my grandmother with a straight up wrong birthday. It’s off by 5 months.

Oh they said aloud time of birth 9:18 but yet still put it in the notes and his certificate as 9:20. Annoys me to this day lol. But at least it’s not like my grandmother with a straight up wrong birthday. It’s off by 5 months.
5 months out!!! Did she at least get to celebrate twice a year?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->