time to get organised - Emmy's wedding 20th July 2013

:happydance: next weekend I'm away from friday morning until sunday evening (unless I can get online on my phone). I'm going to spend the weekend at a friend's house and she's the one who's doing my hair and her friend is the mua who'll be doing my makeup on the day :wohoo:

So we're going to have a girly weekend and I'm going to get my hair trimmed and then we're going to trial some hairstyles and makeup looks :happydance: I'm so excited it's unbelievable :D

Sounds like fab weekend :)

I agree about your uncle. If you've asked for his address and he'a not bothered to reply then he's got no right to be pissed

Ohh bet youll have a lovely girly weekend!!

And i agree about your Uncle, deffo not worth it if hes going to be so rude!

I hadn't even planned on inviting him because I've not actually heard from him since Dad's funeral in 2009 and even then his wife made a nasty comment about us not having a proper collection when we were stood at the crematorium door thanking people for coming to the funeral :wacko:

Anyway, enough about them, onwards and upwards.

My mission for today is to try and find a nice cake topper that doesn't cost the earth :rofl: I'd love to be able to get one of those personalised ones where the groom has a football shirt on, but I can't afford £50 or more, so I'm just going to have a look and see what catches my eye.

The invitations are all finished now, so other than the keepsake one for my mum, I just need to wait on the velcro dots to be delivered next week to securely close them and for Chris to get 12 more 2nd class stamps for the rsvps and they'll be good to go :happydance:

I ordered 5 lucky sixpences yesterday and I'm thinking of adapting a poem to attatch to the little plastic wallet

This is the original poem

You are so very young
But as the years pass by
And you'll be a bride
In the blink of an eye
While you may not remember
The day that we married
The part that you played
Or the flowers that you carried
There will be a day that
Will burn like an ember
The day you will wed
You will always remember
So here is a hanky
For the day you say
"I need something old for my wedding day"

And this is what I was thinking of doing

You are so very young
But as the years pass by
And you'll be a bride
In the blink of an eye
While you may not remember
The day that we wed
The part that you played
Or the walk that you led
There will be a day that
Will burn like an ember
The day you will wed
You will always remember
So here is a lucky sixpence
For the day that you say
"I need something old for my wedding day"

Love that poem. It's so sweet! Where did you get your sixpences from?

Good luck with the cake toppers, i wanted personalised ones but all the ones i could find were a fortune!!

Love that little poem!

I quite like this one

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Picture-...Wedding-Cake-toppers-/111022867637#vi-content

I forgot about needing a sixpence! Thanks for reminding me.

I forgot about needing a sixpence! Thanks for reminding me.

I was planning on using the poem on a hanky for Lily. The centerpieces sound lovely, and I would be the same about your uncle if it were one of my family.

I think your bridesmaids will love the gift idea, the poem makes it really special to :)

I was listening to this song and thought of you :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8KQpoRhFZU

I love that song Lovie :D Have you come across The Baseballs yet? They do covers of modern songs but in 50s style :D

The Baseballs rock! :lol:

Would you mind if I pinched that poem? The original one?

Loving all your ideas Emmy :) Cant wait to see it all come together xx

Yeah I'm stealing that poem too Emmy, thanks :D haha! Its really beautiful! Xx

:happydance: my fish bowls should be arriving today so I can do a mock up of our centrepieces (will use glass nuggets to weigh the table number holder down with), I seriously can't wait to see how they look :D

I've found the perfect bouquet for practising button holes with, so the plan is that mum will order that next week and we'll have a go at the button holes. It's one with baby's breath, gerberas and delphinium in so will be perfectly matched to my bouquet if we can pull it off :happydance:

This time next week we'll be getting ready to head off to Broughton and meet Ant (our photographer) :wohoo:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->