time to get organised - Emmy's wedding 20th July 2013

The jars look fab and I love your ideas!

Good idea about the buffet, you'll have to check they'll do it! Do they not offer a children's menu for them as well? With ours we are having a BBQ and they gave us the choice kids can have a small version of that or something like chicken nuggets and chips.

They did say we can do a custom menu if we want :)

Going back at end of May to chat about food etc so hopefully it won't be too difficult to sort

Love the jars!!! I think two different colors/materials would be good. Have you considered doing something like twine around the mouth of the jar and then regular inch or so thick ribbon around the middle? As for the wedding night, I went with my tried and true fav and just went naked. lol

I like your ideas for the childrens menu! I think all you can do is the best you can and leave it be ya know? It'll work out somehow! Hopefully the hotel will go for it.

Re the buffet - if you pay for it the hotel will go for it!!! If I was at your wedding I would have hog roast AND kids buffet but I am a pig like that!!! Unless of course the buffet was clearly marked as "kid's buffet" then I would feel super guilty. To make it obviously for children you could use one of those disposable kid's tablecloths and have kid's napkins?

You'll need some good undies for under your dress - after all it is your wedding day! I bought a very simple ivory strapless bra and matching Knicks, but I had to take the bra off during the night as it was so uncomfortable! And make sure it doesn't show up - when I was dress shopping with my SIL for her wedding a girl came into the shop with a hideous corset basque thing and wanted to check it worked with her dress. Needless to say it was on show so a fair amount of adjustment was needed she was told. Not sure what she decided on though, but I hope she gave up the basque - it was foul!

I think I slept in the nude that night?!?! After whipping everything and having a bit of nookie (would have been so rude not to!) I think we just crashed! Seems like so long ago now that I don't really remember much from that night (I was not drunk in the slightest - just a few more things have happened since then!).

Hope you get your centrepieces sorted. Mine were very simple; candelabras on a mirror base with some scattered table diamonds. I didn't want the added expense of floral centrepieces...then spent a fortune on the candelabras, but at least I still have them now (sitting in a box in the loft having not been taken out of the box since they were packed up the day after our wedding!).

xxx

Oh and I meant to say I love your readings - they are the same as the ones I had! My friend read the 'lovey-dovey' one about ending the day as husband and wife, then my sister read the Pam Eyres one and changed Labrador for our cat!!!
I thought they were perfect - one to show how in love we were and the other to add a bit of lightheartedness.
xxx

Just been reading through you journal Emmy and your dress is lovely!! And do is Bruce, my friend has a cocker called Boris haha!!

I am also having a hog roast at my wedding along with different salads, potatos and bread rolls. Then there is a choice of 3 desserts. I am also catering for 20 portions of shepards pie for people who don't fancy the hog roast, but as my venue is self-catering I am liking the idea of the childrens buffet, might consider that myself!!

I'd love to find something super sexy to wear that night, but with being bigger, that's proving a bit of a nightmare. The dress shop have actually said if the worst comes to the worst I could always wear a normal bra for the wire to give me the shape I need and then tuck the straps in as the dress is very well corseted :)

To be totally honest, the centrepieces are driving me a bit batty and I'm really not sure what to do about them. I keep having moments where I really want to go and look for something else, something that might work better than what I'm trying to do and be a lot less stress :dohh:

Have you tried your dress without a bra on? With the corseting, you might not need one anyway.

We're going to try without a bra when I go for my fitting (4th of July), but I'm going to take a normal bra with me just in case we don't like it without

I honestly wish I'd thought about just trying my dress without a bra on my wedding day. lol It would have given me a bit more wiggle room!! Hopefully it works or the person doing the alterations can sew in pads or something to give the dress the feel/look you want. :)

I love the jars, they are so pretty, yellow is such a great colour!

the kids buffet sounds great, hog roast sounds yummy too :) Maybe you could just mention to the guests to let the kids take food from the buffet first :)

Our centrepieces are changing again :dohh:

I'm buying some 6 inch fish bowls and am going to stand the table number holders up in them and weigh them down with aqua beads and then place them on top of a record and have a record in the table number holder.

We're still going to use the glass jars, tea lights and fairy lights, but just put them on the window sills dotted around the room :D

Oh and I think I know which room is mine the night before the wedding rofl

https://www.booksplease.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/plas-dloguog.jpg

I think it's the one in the middle that juts out slightly :happydance:

Fish bowls have been ordered :happydance: that's such a weight off my mind and they were soooooo cheap £31.38 for 10 6 inch bowls and 2 day delivery (they should be here on monday with it being a weekend) :wohoo:

Just trying to decide now whether to order more records or the aqua beads :dohh:

I'm giving up with the coloured jars. They're stressing me out way too much, so the best thing to do is get rid and just put something together for the window sills that won't be as stressful.

It probably sounds daft getting so worked up about something so miniscule, and I always promised myself that I would never be that person that allowed something to irritate me like this with the wedding planning. But, as it turns out, I was wrong, and I am that sort of person.

Music has changed slightly ...

The bridesmaids are now walking in to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pyA6jAM3_I

I'm still walking in to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x78Et7Cv24

Then we're going to have these for when we sign the register

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMxkMy9JvXI

Possibly this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_ZGdhoeOcE

And possibly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osVaF4t-zFc

Then we're walking out to this :happydance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m3VFmc4y5U

You will have to post pictures of the fishbowls when they come, might be stealing some ideas, hey you could always sell them afterwards too, recoup some costs.

that's what I was thinking too as there's no way we'd use 10 fish bowls around the house :rofl: but for the first time in ages I'm not stressing about centrepieces :happydance:

I've ordered some of those beads that you soak in water that grow and hold the water for ages so hopefully they will be enough to weigh down the table numbers :D

:happydance: I've chosen our flower girls pressies. They're each going to get a disney princess soft toy from the disney store (£80 in total for 5 of the dolls :shock: ) and then I was thinking of maybe a lucky 6 pence each :blush:

I love all the songs you have chosen! I can't wait to see the fish bowls in play. :) I know when it came to my wedding that I was much more picky about my work then ever before. I never could wrap my head around the fact that *I* was probably the only one that would ever notice if things weren't perfect. :p

I need to change the song for the bridesmaids and flower girls to walk in to otherwise it's going to look silly if they need to go slow with the younger ones :dohh: Anyone got any suggestions?

I'm sooooooo bored, I have 4 invitations left to put together and I can't wait for them to be over and done with. I've decided I'm not bothered about my uncle, he can't be bothered to reply to me with an address to send an invite to then why should I be bothered to chase him up for it and let him have the priveledge of seeing me and oh get married :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->