• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

time to get organised - Emmy's wedding 20th July 2013

Or have records to represent the table and get large circular stickers to stick around them with people's names on and put them where they are sitting, like this

https://www.confetti.ie/sites/default/files/styles/articleimage/public/Rockabilly%20shoot%20-%20Winter%202012-001_0.jpg

I love those ideas :happydance: Thank you sooooooo much, I was having serious mental block then :dohh:

I think what we're going to do is name the tables after 50s songs :D

I like the first one! I'm going to try my dress on again this weekend with my Mother and MOH because they weren't there when I bought it! Isn't it exciting :D are you taking any accessories or anything to see what they're like with your dress? I'm fancying a big flower in my hair aswell as my veil so I'm going to take one with me! Glad you've sorted the food out :) one less thing to worry about! Did Chris get his tax thing sorted? Xx

He's not fighting the tax thing as he didn't pay enough tax last year and he just wants to get it over and done with :wacko: There's no telling him whatsoever :dohh:

This is a super rough draft of the table plan

https://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/emmyreece/d8975122-76e4-47af-98c4-4c34316bb559_zps011939c9.jpg

The top black circle is going to be a 7" record with a plain white label. I'm going to write in yellow chalk marker pen Emily and Chris around the side and then on the white label in black text 20th July 2013

Then up the sides I'm going to put mini bunting. Then the tables are going to be song names from the 50s. I think the top table is going to be called "One Fine Day".

Does it look ok? I've never seen anything similar, which prompted me to have a mini melt down yesterday :dohh: :rofl:

As for the dress fitting I'm not sure yet whether to take my jewellery, it would probably be a good idea to do so. I don't even know if I can take anyone with me either as I don't want to upset my cousin as she's going through some rubbish at the moment and my dress appointment might be a bit of a kick in the teeth :nope:

The table plan looks great, such a good idea! Love the idea of the song names too!

I took my jewelery and shoes to my dress fitting, i just put my necklace on with it, it was good to see that it went with it!

You might find that your cousin will enjoy going with you and it might be a nice thing for her to take her mind of whats going on with her! My cousin (my MOH) husband died last year of cancer age 35 and i worried about her as they got married after he was given 6 weeks but shes really enjoyed doing things and coming with me as its taken her mind away from things!!

She's coming to stay for a few days next week so I will talk to her and see what she says. She's actually down to do a reading for us as well, but I don't want to pressurise her.

Talking about shoes, I've actually ordered these. I want something nice and comfortable with no danger of me falling over. So these will be coming to my dress fitting with me

https://www.newlook.com/shop/shoe-g...t-white-leather-woven-strap-sandals_273479910

I think I've got my something old etc planned

• Something old and borrowed - my nan's wedding ring that is going on my necklace as it doesn't fit my finger
  • Something new - my dress
  • Something blue - can I count the blue delphinium in my flowers?

Ohh I like them! I'm like you having flat sensible shoes haha!

They all sound great and yes the flowers deffo work as your something blue!

I've got small 1 inch heels but I'm buying some sparkly Toms for me and Florence for night time . I thought you had already bought shoes though? Wedges if I remember correctly? Lol! And yeah I would say the flowers can be your something blue, I was given a garter with blue on it (from my bridal shop) but I proper hate garters so I won't be wearing it. I might wear blue knickers hahaha Xx

I've got fake Toms for when my feet die in my heels :thumbup: And yeah, what happened to the wedges?

Emmy I had no idea you had a new journal! lol I can't believe your wedding is so close! Eek! I'm not fully caught up yet but I LOVE your theme xx

:blush: I gave the wedges to one of my cousins as I can't walk in them to save my life, so I'd prefer something flat. Even though it won't really matter as mum seems to think that my shoes will come off during food regardless of which ones I wear :rofl:

Emmy I had no idea you had a new journal! lol I can't believe your wedding is so close! Eek! I'm not fully caught up yet but I LOVE your theme xx

Awwwww thank you :D

It took ages to get to this theme, I was backwards and forwards for about 5 months :dohh:

Ugh, so it seems like the 2 people that I really don't want there are coming - my dad's sisters :nope: I don't know what to do as I can see them being bitches and I'm really regretting inviting them now. I don't know whether to make the venue aware or not :wacko: Mum says if she catches them saying anything she won't be able to help herself from having a go :shrug:

Anyway, enough worrying about them as they're not really worth it :shrug:

So I've been thinking about the table plan. I'm still having the record at the top and then what I think I will do is mount the table names and who's on them onto either yellow or blue polka dot backing paper. I only want to attach the record with blue tack or something similar as I think after the day I'm going to frame it in an 8x10" frame :cloud9:

Oh and these are the tables names that I've come up with so far ...

• One Fine Day (for the top table)
  • Mr Sandman
  • Dance With Me Tonight (I know this isn't 50s or 60s but it was the song that inspired our theme for me)
  • It's My Party
  • Rock Around The Clock
  • That'll Be The Day
  • It's Now Or Never
  • Stupid Cupid
  • Reet Petite
  • At The Hop

Can anyone think of any others that would be good?

Also is anyone having to do diagrams of how they want their tables set out? It does make sense but it's going to be so much work :dohh:

We've found a way around place names for people, we're going to use their favours and attach name tags instead of buying a load of place name cards. I think it was £3 for 100 largeish tags :happydance:

Ohh it's so difficult isn't it, both Me and OH have people in our families that don't get on with each other but my Mum has said she'll sort anyone out (in a good way) as she said no one is ruining our day!!

The table names sound fab!

We have been told our tables will go in rows of 4 3 4 and then we have to let them know a week before the table plan, who sits next to who, where highchairs are etc!

There is massive drama in Baz's family as his dad and his sister don't speak and we're worried his dad will say something when he's drunk, but I don't think any of the rest of our families would let there be a scene and we're sitting them as far apart as possible!

I have no idea about table plans - mental note taken to ask my venue!

Table names sound fab though! Name tags on the favours are a good idea, what are your favours by the way? x

I have no idea about table plans - mental note taken to ask my venue!

Table names sound fab though! Name tags on the favours are a good idea, what are your favours by the way? x

For the men they're having a personalised keyring and some bubbles

The women are having a mixed cd and some bubbles.

Children are having activity packs and some bubbles.

Then everyone is having a fortune fish each :blush: You know the little red ones that you put in the palm of your hand that twist a certain way and tell you what you're "feeling" :blush:

Oh and I'm not sure whether to include some sweets in that or not :dohh:

How you gettin on with Slimming world Emmy? I'm starving hahaha xxx

I'm not doing it at the moment as I can't stick to the healthy extras and the 1/3 superfree so I've been doing calorie counting for about a week and a half and I've lost 3lb so far :)

I love fortune fish! we're just having cupcakes lol everyone loves cake!

well done for losing 3lb! I'm on sw too, lost 8.5lb on it so far but I'm struggling this week! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->