time to get organised - Emmy's wedding 20th July 2013

Uggs go for good money on ebay, or maybe try a fb selling page (though people generally wanna give you peanuts for stuff on them). I've always got stuff on ebay haha! xx

There's only 2 days left on the uggs so not sure what will happen with them yet, but it's worth a try :)

havent spoken to you for ages so just thought would pop in and say hi! your wedding day seems to be coming round so fast

Not much going on wedding wise at the moment.

We're really having to cut back on things as we're being hit seriously hard with tax on Chris' wages, to the extent where I've actually been wondering about postponing the wedding :nope:

I've had to ask the bridesmaids mums to buy their shoes which I feel seriously awkward about as the original plan was for me to buy them. But I can't justify buying the shoes when we haven't even got any rings yet :cry:

Oh no Emmy. Has he rung the tax office to see what is going on?

Ohh no! Why's that? Has he been put on emergency tax or something? Xxx

Ohh no try not to worry! What's going on with it ?

And deffo don't worry about asking the parents to pay for the girls shoes, I'm sure they won't mind at all!

Basically what's happened is he underpaid tax last year and he owes almost £2000 :wacko: So they've said that it's to be paid back during this financial year. He's being a typical man and just accepting it, I really hope his dad can talk some sense into him while we're over there this weekend

It really pisses me off that the tax office can make mistakes like that then you have to pay the penalty and be skint for god knows how long! Complete idiots! Hope you can sort it out xx

I'm with Mummy May. Annoys the hell out of me. Same with Tax Credits (although admittedly they aren't as much money!). Has he actually underpaid? Have you worked it out? HMRC have cocked it up once, it wouldn't surprise me if they've cocked this amount up too

He says he's sat and worked it out and that it looks right to him as he's classed as having 3 separate jobs because he does private care work for 2 people and then he has night duty as well through a different company :wacko:

I'm a bit panicked as we've not got thank you presents for everyone yet. I still need to find something for Chris' dad, my mum, his usher and the 2 ladies doing readings. We've got it sorted for the 5 flower girls, I'm going to have a look in waterstones for a book on how to make your own sock animals and then one of the bridesmaids will help me to get them made.

Mum is lending us £350, which means we just need to find £150 and we'll be sorted, no more worrying. Chris says he should be able to put £50 away from each set of wages until the wedding which is £200 roughly, so fingers crossed we should be ok - we just need to be sensible with money.

We've got an appointment on the 11th of June to pay the registrar £315 and we need to pay £450 to the photographer, but that is covered by what we have in the savers account and the big chunk of holiday pay Chris is expecting next month. So the only thing that I REALLY need to get sorted is the rings :dohh:

So is he technically classed as self employed? I don't understand how they've not been taking the right tax from him :shrug:

That's good your mum will lend you the money. If you sit down and scrutinise every bit of your monthly outgoings I'm sure you can find an extra £30+ a month, even if only for the next few months :hugs: It'll be ok x

Tax credits have overpaid me by a huge amount too, about 2-3k which is also their fault! I rang them at end of Oct to change my claim to a joint one and they wouldn't let me do it, rang numerous times to try and change it but they didn't stop my single claim, just carried on paying it til March!! Now I'm goong to lose out whilst I have to pay it back. They are seriously unreal. But you can appeal the overpayments if you think its their fault, so I'm going to try that! Xx

I don't know if he's classed as self employed or not :dohh: It totally confuses me as I know he's not self employed from one job, it's just the other one :wacko:

Ohh i really hope you can get it all sorted soon :hugs:

Last of the invitations have finally gone out, so I don't need to worry about that anymore thankfully.

Trafford Centre tomorrow, so hopefully I can find the sock animal book that I need. Chris is going to try on waistcoats in next, so I'll order whichever one he decides on. I also need to try and find the shoes for the youngest flower girl and get them ordered too.

London on monday and the main thing for then is to try and find a gift set version of the perfume I want for the wedding. I'm thinking Givenchy Very Irresistible as it is my favourite perfume ever and I think it's the first perfume Chris ever got for me :cloud9:

Have you actually chosen wedding rings yet? We went ring shopping and I found a beautiful ring...in Mappin & Webb!!!! Needless to say I was not paying £900 for it so I researched online and found an identical one through wedding rings direct. £350 it cost instead of £900 (I do have 8 diamonds in my ring, rather than just a gold band) - this is the link Tarkwa's wedding band The cost has gone up loads though - price of gold unfortunately and the same ring is now £450! But definitely worth a look :). DH got his ring there too - ordered a stupidly large size which he had to get altered just before the wedding though :dohh: - he went for a plain band.
Right, must go and do dinner...
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"