• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

time to get organised - Emmy's wedding 20th July 2013

This is the ring that I'm thinking of getting

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/0-16ct-D..._Watches_FineJewellery_CA&hash=item20b5e7c31e

The seller has really good reviews and has popped up on you and your wedding in the forum section a few times. So I think we can be safe with that one.

Chris just wants a plain yellow gold band in 4mm width

The weekend was a bit of a disaster. First I couldn't find anything I wanted in the trafford centre :dohh: Then his mum is making demands on the food. Then his nan called me useless because we haven't got a gift list. Then in london my cousin's lad got his head trapped in the gates at the train station as they closed on him :wacko: Then a spring snapped in the car, which means we've had to leave it in cheshire and borrow the in laws' spare car to get back to Wales (Chris dad has paid for a new spring and is replacing all 4 tyres on it for us too).

Oh no, what a weekend!!! Don't worry about your OHs nan or mum. They can whinge and moan all they like, but they've had their wedding days, this is your turn now :hugs:

That ring is lovely. I have a half eternity ring as my wedding ring too :thumbup: A couple of people have questioned me on it but its my ring, I'll wear what I want

That ring is lovely!! :)

Ohh no talk about everything going wrong at once! Let them moan and make demands but let it all go over your head, way easier said than done cause i know id get wound up!!

How lovely of Chris' Dad paying for your car to be fixed atleast you dont have to think about it!

I'm starting to wish we'd never gone for a hog roast now :dohh:

How on earth do we sort out who likes pork and who doesn't? I totally forgot to put anything like that on the invitations. But obviously some people it doesn't agree with, some people don't like it. Starting to wish I'd just settled on a plain old buffet now :rofl: And there's no way of changing my mind as that's the reason Chris' dad is giving us the £1500

I've been to a wedding with a hog roast and it was lovely. Yes, there will be people who don't want/like pig but tough! Even if you had a 'plain old buffet' (like I did!) there will be people who won't eat it for one reason or another. You cannot please everyone - you just need to please yourself as it is YOUR day. There will be someone who won't dance because the music isn't their style, or won't like your choice of readings but it doesn't matter. Anyone who says anything is just plain rude!

You've chosen a very pretty ring - love the fact you've gone for diamonds, I think they're the best!

Doesn't sound like the worst weekend hun! Just think, nobody is ill, has hurt themselves or anything like that. You will always have unexpected expenses in life - cars are seriously the worst (older cars can be a real drain on your finances) but obviously timing isn't great with your wedding coming up in TWO MONTHS ONLY!!! Can you believe it?!?! I remember when it was over TWO YEARS!!! Where has the time gone?

So, just concentrate on all the wonderful things in your life hun - you've got sooooo much to look forward to.
xxx

P.S. how long was your last cycle? I see you are CD21 - have you done any OPKs yet this cycle?

I agree with Tarkwa, you can't please everyone!! I'm so hoping that this is the last of the issues that pops up before the wedding. *hugs*

I think what's not helping is that it's his family that keep making the demands and that keep making the comments. And somehow I've managed to bite my tongue, even when I was called moody for going upstairs this weekend when it got a bit much when we were planning suits for the wedding party because my dad should be here getting measured for his suit too :cry:

We've got an appointment on monday at the hotel, so fingers crossed we can come up with a custom menu that people approve of as I can't see me wanting to eat hog roast really just in case I get grease down my dress

Pfft, never mind ignoring them, tell them to fuck off haha! Sod them Emmy its your day, and if you feel like changing your mind then do but don't be forced into it. I for one wouldn't eat a hog roast but if I were a guest I wouldn't be offended if you chose to have something I don't like shock horror! Xx

My mum doesn't think I will eat much on the day, so she says that I need to make sure I eat at breakfast and lunchtime. I want to try and come up with a custom menu that will suit the people who don't like pork, but that also includes the hog roast element as Chris' dad is really looking forward to it so that will be the main thing on monday morning to talk about with the wedding co ordinator.

I got some clip in extensions earlier in the week and my bridesmaid had a go at attempting my hair style and I love it. Just need som hairspray to stop it losing the height on top

https://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/emmyreece/IMG-20130517-WA0003_zpsbaf0e03a.jpg

https://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/emmyreece/IMG-20130517-WA0004_zpsd99d2320.jpg

Chris' waistcoat arrived today and I love it. he's going to look amazing in it.

I'm trying to decide how much of the train I want taking off my dress. I have until the 4th of July to decide :wacko:

Hair is very pretty, I find I get better volume (and it stays better) if I backcomb with a brush. And use your hairspray on thw root :) I constantly have a big fat quiff on top of my head lol!
What other things were you thinking for the non pork eaters? Xx

I'm not sure :rofl: I was thinking chicken drumsticks to be honest :dohh:

Chick drumsticks sounds brilliant! Do ask the hotel for their recommendation - they do this kind of thing all the time.

Hair looks lovely. Agree you should back comb it to get height. Love the hair clip! Are you having a veil at all? I can't remember.

And not eating at our own wedding?! Honestly, I think that is a daft thing to say. Of course you will eat! I can't actually remember having buffet at my wedding but it was some time ago now :blush: but I remember looking at it thinking there was very little left which made me happy as I hate waste (hence I am rather curvy still!! I'm sure I had some thinking about it - t'was pastries and pizza mainly!!! I also had quite a few canapés and ate all of my sit down meal. The main thing I suppose was that I didn't drink much alcohol - just a glass of sangria, a glass of champagne and a glass of wine. Made such a difference to our wedding night :winkwink:

xxx

Don't worry about what other people think, my cousin wedding they had pork and stuffing batches which I don't eat so I just had the potato wedges they had to go with them!

In the evening at my own wedding we are having pork and stuff and like I said I don't like t :haha: I just think you can't please everyone!

Your hair looks lovely, are you happy with it ? The hair comb is gorgeous!

I'm not having a veil as they make my face look fat. I tried on loads last time I went for dress measurements and I really wasn't keen on them at all :blush:

The clip is the one that I won from Perfect Wedding magazine :cloud9: I absolutely love it and it was on my wish list, but budget wouldn't allow it (£50), so it was a bit of a dream come true when I won it :happydance:

I don't think I would eat the pork as I'd be scared of getting grease on my dress. But I'll find something :D

We've also definitely 100% chosen our first dance song ... we're having this acoustic version as it's slightly slower

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tX7ccngetE

Then we're going to have this as the 2nd song as it's too bouncy to have as our first dance but it has a lot of sentimental meaning. When Chris used to work in Macclesfield I would sometimes go across on the buss and meet him from work on my days off and on the way back in the car we would play this and sing along :cloud9: :blush:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNmDgRwNFsI

Don't be daft - you won't get grease on your dress! You'll be eating off a plate (I assume!) so you'll be fine. And anyway, even if you did would you care? As long as the ceremony and proper photos have been taken it won't show up, and wouldn't your dress be quite good at disguising it? Can't remember if you have a lot of detailing on it or not (preggo brain!).
xxx

I'd put the picture up again, but Chris is behind me on the ipad so don't want to risk him seeing it :dohh: I think there's a picture of me in it on one of the first pages xx

:hissy:

I need some suggestions ladies. Because of the number of people that are on our guest list at the moment we need to actually use all of the space in the room, which means that I need to do a table plan. And at the moment I can't think of any that will fit in with our theme :dohh:

I think we've made a decision regarding the food - we're having a mixture between a finger and a fork buffet :) So am really relieved to have that decided on

Chris' brother has made a decision about his stag do. We're going to Chester Races as a family and then they're doing something separate that night. And then his Usher is taking him for a night out somewhere at the beginning of July.

My dress fittings start on the 4th of July and I'm soooooo excited to be putting this dress on again :happydance:

https://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/emmyreece/IMG-20120623-00837.jpg

I don't know how you could go about it but you could do a 50's diner menu style table plan? Or like a jukebox

ETA: Just found this picture, you may not be able to do exactly that but it might give you an idea

https://media-cache-ak1.pinimg.com/736x/a5/bb/93/a5bb93938631019f80042766f2bf6f68.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->