Tinsel Tots 2009

Did any of you UK girls get a pre-ttc check up? I told my new doctor we were going to try and she just told me to take folic acid. I would quite like someone to run tests to make sure I'm ok.

**yes-did in 05/08-with midwife. Did tests for std's (even though monogamous-routine-for baby's health), RH factor test, general blood work for overall health (also just completed 08/09), pap, etc. and was told to start taking a pre-natal with folic acid.

Also had a transvaginal ultrasound in Oct. 09 to check for cysts, etc....& came back normal. Going to wait for results of DH's SA next month before scheduling anything else.

Thanks Muncho. I have an appointment which I was going to cancel but I may go back and ask for the tests. What do they do?

Did any of you UK girls get a pre-ttc check up? I told my new doctor we were going to try and she just told me to take folic acid. I would quite like someone to run tests to make sure I'm ok.

I went to my Dr. He told me to take folic acid and vitamins (was even gonna prescribe me them til I said I was already taking them). Explained we should BD every 2 to 3 days. He checked my hip coz it was playing me up, turns out I have a lower back issue. That was it, he didn't seem worried bout my pain, my weight or whether or not I needed any immunity boosters. I think he was more shocked at how prepared I was. Must be quite rare round here for a 27 year old to be planning her first lol. (Sorry)

I just saw the CocaCola ad for the first time! YAY Christmas.

titi i spent a fortune earlier buying fresh friut , veg, seeds ets etc ...still havent got my prenatal tabs yet , add to that ov tests, bfp tests and voila you are broke!!!

and theres me thinking ..have alot of sex and here comes the baby
soooooooooooo wrong..

Lauraly-sounds like good :sex: for catching! We started trying In Jan. too. All we did was OPK for a month or two and then just tried to "time" right until last cycle where I started chating everything.

Tis good your DH is so healthy and sounds like he is really on the right track. My DH is naturally VERY slim/muscular with high mb. so has always taken gym and diet for granted, although has been doing yoga with me this month. Just wish he would improve diet and quit smoking.

Off to Whole Foods now to stock up on stuff to baby make this cycle!

Yep...my hubby too- he just HATES being skinny:wacko: such a tough problem to have if you ask the curvy girl! LOL
Well, good luck this cycle! Keep us posted...its been great to chat! :hugs:

All I'm taking is folic acid but I've ordered some Evening Primrose Oil to help the CM issue. Should I be taking anything else?

titi i spent a fortune earlier buying fresh friut , veg, seeds ets etc ...still havent got my prenatal tabs yet , add to that ov tests, bfp tests and voila you are broke!!!

soooooooooooo wrong..

****yes, me too. Was SHOCKED first month TTC didn't get PG. Now will be shocked if I ever do!!!

DH just asked if we have money to support our ttc habit.

soooooooooooo wrong..

SOOOOO true muncho! And add to that a health nut husband who drinks protein shakes and eats protein bars and takes vitamins and is also "preparing" for baby and you are even more broke! I swear my paycheck doesn't even make it INTO the wallet these days! HAHAHAHAHA:rofl:

I'm taking Sanotogen Mother to Be, OH is taking Father to Be. I'm now feeding him my Omega 3,6 and 9 too. I tried EPO one cycle but I felt it messed me up more tbh.

All I'm taking is folic acid but I've ordered some Evening Primrose Oil to help the CM issue. Should I be taking anything else?

**Same problem here. Going to go crazy on grapefruit this cycle thanks to girls in this thread. Will give the EPO a try with you. Don't forget we are only supposed to take to OV.

**Same problem here. Going to go crazy on grapefruit this cycle thanks to girls in this thread. Will give the EPO a try with you. Don't forget we are only supposed to take to OV.

I didn't know that so thanks for the info x

Sorry to keep going on about my quest to be festive. Just found out OH has never had a real tree!!! It makes me excited that this will be his first one. Possibly getting it next weekend, if not will be the following one.

I know what you mean angel75 - lol!!! I joined about a week or so ago and am obsessed!! I am analysing everything!

I wont be on here much next month as we are moving house in the beginning of Dec and we have alot of work to do in the house and also wont have broadband - arrgghh - how will I cope!!

Do you think you and your oh will get back together? do you actually want to?

Oh god i don't think i could cope without internet anymore haha

Regarding me and the fella its the best thing for us to split without going into much detail he thinks i have a past...and making it sound much worse than what it is (its actually not that much!) but he calls me names, wants to know what i've done with previous partners, did i make noises, what positions etc.. Its not normal. Hes very insecure and possessive...i'm not allowed to talk to men but he can have as many girly friends as he wants! Hes finished with me at least once a month since we got together. (14 mths)Thats the awful stuff about him the nice stuff is he's one of my best friends (yeah i know when hes not being horrible!) i can just be myself with him, he makes me laugh we just love being together and chilling, doing stuff.... But i suppose its time to face facts hes not going to change he's always going to ask questions about stuff he shouldn't even be asking, i'm never gonna feel like i'm in a secure relationship. My friends will be so relieved just got to cut ties with him (unless i get my BFP and in that case its a different story!) I'm gutted and sure i will be for a while just gonna try to keep busy....anyone know any nice single, non psycho men?? haha

Hi Angel75

Just read your post and was filling up reading it.

I hope that your ok and feeling ok. Breaking up with someone is never easy.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Aw thanks hun that means a lot. See this site makes you analyse lots of things but we're all here to support each other. I've never really loved anyone as much as i love him so it is hard, know it'll get better with time but i guess its just not the best timing! You never know my luck might be in and i may get my BFP on wed!!! xx

Hi ladies, can I join please! I'm having a really crappy day today! Witch got me last week and I have cystitus so feel very down and need cheering up! :(

Also heard a whisper that this thread is lucky :) xxxxx

Babydust to you all :)

Welcome Ava Grace.. ooohh this thread is lucky?? whoo hoo!! With the amount of hours I've been putting in lately, I must be due a BFP!!

Titi- sorry just seen your post at the top of the page. Thanks for the info x

thanks honey....oh yes it is a lucky one I can feel it! Santas bringing us all a BFP! (it's the only thing on my list this year!!!)

Good Luck ladies xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi All,

WOW!!! So much on here to keep up with :wacko:

Lauraly - thanks got my sig now

Angel - sorry to hear about your break up, sending :hug: I have had 2 awful relationships, but am finally happy, he is out there.

I'm still hanging on going to try and wait till next weekend if i can to test unless she gets me first.

Hi ladies, can I join please! I'm having a really crappy day today! Witch got me last week and I have cystitus so feel very down and need cheering up! :(

Also heard a whisper that this thread is lucky :) xxxxx

Babydust to you all :)

Hi, :hi:

Were all hoping it's lucky sending :dust: to you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g