Tinsel Tots 2009

Thanks titi and F&C
no i didnt bd the night before, as hubby has hap an op on his knee monday - perfect timing :growlmad:
so the cm was yesterday we bd fri, sun and just about managed last night which was a laugh a minute with his knee strapped up lol.
I will just keep an eye on it.

hope your feeling better now f&c :flower:

Hi F&C, glad to hear that you're feeling well. You're in the TWW now right?

Lolley, sounds like you're covered. Good Luck!

Titi, fingers crossed for you.

Westbrja, nice to see you.

Good Morning, fairydust, ava grace, abster and premomt. Did I miss out anyone?

Good morning everyone!

Hi Dee-waiting to see what happens with your temp tomorrow-and if rise was just a glitch. Mine getting lower and lower : (

Lolly-not sure what to make of pinky cm then. I guess just keep checking.

F&C-queasy-sounds great! FX'd! mmm what is a chocolate roll?

Also-Dh seems to have doublebooked himself today - may not be getting test results. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Titi, this might be the usual peak before the drop or because of the allergy meds.:shrug:

Your chart does look suspiciously like last months but you're at 15 dpo, that's unusual for you isn't it?

Um titi- I think the test results are more important than whatever else he's got going on today! :gun:

Titi, this might be the usual peak before the drop or because of the allergy meds.:shrug:

Your chart does look suspiciously like last months but you're at 15 dpo, that's unusual for you isn't it?

Yes-that's what's weird. 15dpo is unusual-but af between cd 26-28 is normal. So-I guess maybe I was a day off and was only spotting cd1 and shouldn't have counted it?

Um titi- I think the test results are more important than whatever else he's got going on today! :gun:

Premomt-I love your emoticon for this one that is exactly how I felt. However his mother has to go across our coast for heart valve surgery consult and he's agreed on the emergency to get his nephew so his sister can go. After I got angry with him I felt rather bad, given the circumstances. This LTTTC can make me selfish lately.

LUCKILY-Dr. squeezing us in now! On my way!

Yes-that's what's weird. 15dpo is unusual-but af between cd 26-28 is normal. So-I guess maybe I was a day off and was only spotting cd1 and shouldn't have counted it?

I don't count spotting as CD1. I usually get (SORRY TMI) spotting/light pink at about 5pm the evening before and I count the next day as CD1 when I get regular flow.

Yay for the Dr. squeezing you in! GL.

Just a quick update for me...haven't been on as much lately, as I have been swamped with work and holiday craziness:wacko:
Still trying to get that nasty witch to leave...she just doesn't want to. And she was awfully mean this cycle...lots of nasty crampy and really heavy flow for about 5-6 days...UGH!:growlmad: Looks like she is tapering off today...fx!

Bought a basal thermometer...haven't used it yet:dohh: I've had a nasty cold that has been keeping me up at night. Don't think I've had a solid night of sleep in at least week- basically since I bought the thing:dohh:

DH and I, as well as my cycle buddy and her OH, are following the sperm meets egg plan...so I guess I'm trying to get into BD mode. Been a little emotional lately- feeling kinda down and cranky- not sure what's up- so I'm trying to regain my PMA. Looks like ov should be Christmas DAY! We will be heading to see family the 23rd until the 26th...so that should make :sex: a bit trickier. We are staying with DH brother...hoping to get to stay in his nephew's bedroom and NOT on the couch...:blush:

Well, thats it for now. Hate to write and run- but I'm only on my lunch break from work...hope to catch up with all you lovely ladies soon! :hugs::dust:

Hello everybody! :tease: (was going to put in a waving smiley, but I found this one, which I think is funny). In a hurry again....
Lolley, pink-tinged ewcm is your most fertile, fertile cm (unless it was just a little bleeding after rampant sex, but then I'd not expect to see it mixed in with your cm). Is your cervix open?

Titi, hope you've got the results! CD1 is definitely the first day of red flow, not spotting. Check out the ff faqs, they have all sorts of info in there.

Glad you're feeling better fNc.

Check out my chart - getting proper, low, pre-ov temps. Woohoo!

Haven't seen Rogue on here since mid-nov Titi. Didn't GG say they talk on facebook a lot? I reckon now GG's WTT Rogue may not come on here any more.

Later,
Abi x

Back from Dr. and bad news but actually what I had been suspecting-and at least I know why we haven't gotten PG. 51% of his sperm are dead and the remaining ones are borderline mobility. Not good but not awful either.

The Dr. said he absolutely has to quit smoking which could improve it in a matter of weeks, and also his diet is probably to blame. I don't know if I was very clear about his diet but he literally only eats a cheese pizza or plain pasta every single day for lunch and dinner, and or hamburgers/french fries and potato chips. If I get on him he might have some OJ or a fresh apple, banana, strawberries, or orange once a month or so but that is it-hasn't had a vegetable since he was nine and doesn't like any other kind of food at all.

He's told me in the past he would try to improve if the results came back indicating the problem was his him-but he seemed to be in a little bit of denial after-like he mentioned that maybe they didn't take the sample right back to the lab and it got old. grrr. Also his mum called to ask about his apt. today and he'd pretended like we hadn't gone yet!!

As for now-Dr. suggest that we only do it face down butt up and actually stay that way 30 minutes rather than legs up in the air on my back (tried that position a few times but always flipped over after-never stayed that way) as he says going right down to cervix that way then having to swim up at all.

He also said when you have a large number of dead sperm that MORE BD is better. Like more than one time in one session-so that the MOST live sperm get up there. Gee great extra BD. whopdee doooo~

Well Boo for the poorly results and Bigger BOOOOO for your DH's denial! Though I would suggest patience with him on coming to realize he needs to change things up. Men are so damn proud sometimes... If he changes one thing at a time that would be wonderful. Hopefully the smoking goes first, though that will be the hardest...
So sorry about it all Titi. :hugs: AND his mom has to do a surgery! Yikes. Be patient with him. It will all work out when it is supposed to.

Hi Titi. I imagine it'll take a little time for it to sink in with your oh. I can't believe how badly he eats! I'm sure you've tried all the tricks in the book to get him to eat better so it's just down to him and how much he wants a kiddie. At least you have an action plan now and know the situation. It sounds really promising.

Titi - A chocolate roll is a small chocolate sponge (about the size of a twinkie) with sweet cream rolled up in it. It's then coated in Cadburys chocolate.. do you have that in the States? Maybe I'll have to send you some!!!

Dee - Yep I'm in my 2ww now. I had to remove the negative opks as I didn't get any so I think I just missed it. I've been getting faint lines ever since last Thurs and am still getting them, although they are much lighter now. The darkest one was on the Friday.

Laura - Nice to hear from you. Don't work too hard!

Titi, Abster is completely right about cd1 being the first day of fresh blood. Spotting doesn't count.

Well I am well and truly symptom spotting now. Are you ready?...

Felt nauseous for 3 days now (ok I will ill.. but that's irrelevant when you are ss!!!!)
Today I've had a metallic taste in my mouth (again.. that could be as I was ill but what the hec, let's list it anyway!!)
I've got loads of creamy cm and as you know I hardly get any, even when I'm ov-ing.
My nipples have been a bit sore as though they were cracked (but this is only when I press them hard and it has been very cold here today!!)
Lack of appetite (again probably due to the illness)
Fatigue (...illness... LOL!!)

So as you can see I am most definitely pregnant.. although it's pretty much all in my head!!!! LOL!! If it is all due to me being poorly yesterday, I hope I stay poorly for a while! xxx

FnC you are fun! SS while ill.... HAhah~
It gives me something to obsess while the hag is here.. Thanks!

Oh Titi, what a bloke he is! Maybe after a day and a night of mulling it over he'll wake up and start facing it with you. It's about time he did some of the non-bd stuff, and he know how important it is regardless of how he might be behaving today. He might really surprise you soon. :hugs: Can't say I'd be wanting to talk about my sperm count with my mum, were I a bloke! :rofl:
He's got to get some fruit and vegetables into himself! Now!! If not, is he more likely to take supplements? Maybe now is the time to strap him to the radiator and force-feed him.
I've got my TCM book open at the moment (umm, I usually have now, to be honest!). I'm going to type some info in from it and you can look at it now, or copy and paste it to somewhere until he's ready to deal with it or just tell me to mind my own business for a bit, but here goes:

Men with suboptimum sperm counts should include dietary sources of antioxidants like wheat & barley grass, sprouts and dark-green veg.

Sperm plasma membranes are very susceptible to free radicals, which cen lead to lower motility and poor morphology. Add unsaturated fatty acids like those in sesame, almonds, flaxseeds, hazelnuts, pecans, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pine nuts, walnuts, olives, avocados, soybeans & quinoa, as well as omega-3 fatty acids.

Too much synthetic oestrogen in the diet (found in most red meat, dairy products and even milk & eggs and some tap water) can be harmful. Therefore eat hormone-free (organic) meat, poultry, eggs and dairy products and drink purified water.

Avoid saturated fats, hydrogenated oils, coconut palm and cottonseed oil. Include polyunsaturated veg oils and EFAs like fish oil, flaxseed oil and pumpkin seed oil.

Almost half of diagnosed cases of low sperm count reveal oxidative damage - seminal fluid contains lots of antioxidants, but when development of healthy sperm becomes impaired because of environmental toxins, stress or pharmaceutical agents, it will be found to have high levels of oxidants. To halt this process and prevent further damage the following nutritional supplements should be used by mostm if not all, men:

2000mg Vit C daily (in divided doses)
800iu (international units) Vit E daily
100,000iu beta-carotene daily
200mcg (micrograms) selenium daily

Other important supplements include:

60mg zinc daily (sperm production & testosterone metabolism)
1000mg Vit B12 daily (replication of cells)
2 to 4g L-arginine daily (helps promote cellular replication)
1000 to 1200mg L-carnitine (assists sperm motility)

Hope this is helpful,
Abi x

abster you are such a wealth of information. Thank you!

I know Premont!! It's all about the PMA!

Abster.. You really are amazing. You know everything about ttc and never fail to give us helpful advice. x

Titi :hugs:

Thanks Abi, that's really helpful.

F & C . Congratulations on your "Pregnancy". I never got a positive OPK this month either and wasn't able to temp a couple of days too so not sure when Ov occurred.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->