Tips for TTC

Future Mom

Reaction score
Hello Ladies! Congrats on your sticky beans! :happydance::happydance::happydance: I wonder if you could give me your number one best tip for those of us still TTC. Was there one thing you did during the month that "worked" that you think made the difference? Thanks in advance, and all the best for h & h!!!!

I cut up a pinapple into 5 equal slices and ate 1 slice every day from 1 dpo :) I got that tip from someone else that did it and it worked for them too! good luck!

We made sure that we DTD BEFORE ovulation (with DD it was 3 days before and 1-2 days before for this little one). We also used preseed and softcups. I also took low-dose aspirin after ovulation, but that's because I have thick blood and aspirin helps with the blood flow.

Yeah, don't listen to any tips. If you have sex at the right time and you don't have a fertility problem, you'll get pregnant. I find it funny when someone says they've been trying for a whole 3 months and the 3rd month when they did this or that they got knocked up. Like they wouldn't have gotten pregnant anyway. In the 3 years of TTC I tried everything under the sun. The only thing that worked was IVF because I have problems. So yeah, please don't listen to some of the ridiculous tips out there. Take a prenatal vitamin and maybe chart your basal body temperature so your timing is right. Remember, it takes the average couple 12 months to get pregnant.

Good luck, I hope you will be joining us soon.

I think the most important thing for me was to relax and lower my stress levels.

If you don't know when you ovulate then use opks, I believe If you relax and don't stress about it, then it will happen my Drs gave me 6 months to fall pregnant if it didn't happen I would be sent for tests (due to only having one tube) on my 5th month I booked my appt as I thought by time the tests come through it will be 6 months that month I relaxed n didn't think it would happen 3 days before my appt I got my bfp I'm now 12 weeks pregnant xx good luck

Bbt doesn't work for everybody and neither do opks. I have no idea when I ovulated as my chart shows no shift and I got several LH surges. I gave up, waited for my referral to FS to go through, felt pregnant and tested BFP.

If YOU want to try some of the things that have 'worked' for others then do it! How do you know it didn't help? It adds an element of control to the whole process. Try them if you want to!

Yeah, don't listen to any tips. If you have sex at the right time and you don't have a fertility problem, you'll get pregnant. I find it funny when someone says they've been trying for a whole 3 months and the 3rd month when they did this or that they got knocked up. Like they wouldn't have gotten pregnant anyway. In the 3 years of TTC I tried everything under the sun. The only thing that worked was IVF because I have problems. So yeah, please don't listen to some of the ridiculous tips out there. Take a prenatal vitamin and maybe chart your basal body temperature so your timing is right. Remember, it takes the average couple 12 months to get pregnant.

Good luck, I hope you will be joining us soon.

Not really tips, just some thing to improve the odds maybe. When we got our first BFP we were on our 6th month (which is NOTHING compared to 3 years, and it took my parents 6 years to conceive me) and that was month we tried everything at once. By then I also knew my cycles better, so I have no clue what made a difference. But I do know that I never got pregnant on the cycles I didn`t take aspirin, but that doesn`t surprise me with my blood clotting disorder. It would just make it sooo much harder for an egg to implant.

I had to do an IUI with progesterone in order to get my sticky bean.

Charting works for most women and is highly recommended by reproductive endocrinologist when ttc. It is good to have a precise understanding of your cycle and surely won't hurt! There is a great book out there call Taking Charge of Your Fertility and it bases it's findings off of years of studies of women ttc as well as personal experience. Hopefully good timing will do the trick but regardless the book is full of great information that can be useful at all points in your life as a woman. Good luck!

I'll say the same thing as many others, it was when I relaxed about it. It only took me and OH four cycles and we weren't ttc with charts etc we were just trying and hoping it would happen but I was getting obsessed and upset when it didn't happen.
Then our circumstances changed on the fourth cycle so we decided to stop trying, we were using condoms most of the month but around my ovulation we subconsciously couldn't help it and had sex once with protection, then ended up having sex again without about ten minutes later :laughs:
We were soo happy of course and we still count it that we were ttc but the point is as soon as I stopped thinking about it, it happened, even though we only had unprotected sex twice around ovulation that month.
Oh also we think it's possible (sorry tmi) that because my partner has quite thick semen if he has not ejaculated in even a day or two, the fact that it was the second time he ejaculated it was much thinner substance and that might have helped, I've heard it does for some couples.

Wishing you all the luck for your bfps, I still occassionally stalk the tww forums and am rooting for everyone! <3

Some people temp and use opk and are more lucky. I tried that with #1 for 3 months and gave up as it wasn't accurate for me. The best thing I learned is just go with the flow and enjoy yourself and your partner. Don't time things, just be passionate and relax and enjoy life. Stress will never help.

as someone else said, if you have no fertility issues and your OH doesn't either, it may take up to 1 yr so don't despair if it doesn't work out right away. Good luck! :dust:

This might sound stupidly crazy but when i was TTC Logan i read somewhere that if you orgasm after your OH has :spermy: inside you then it will help to pull the sperm up or something (im not sure of the exact science of it)
I've only ever done it twice...once in the cycle i concieved Logan (after TTC for 9 months) and once in the cycle i conceived this bean (after TTC for 4 months) It could be a coincidence though :shrug:

Wow - thank you soooo much, ladies!!!! It's hard to stop obsessing over this stuff, but this actually helps me a lot - especially those of you who said that it takes most couples up to a year to conceive and that it helps to just relax and have FUN! Okay - that's my plan for the next 2 months then, and after that the doctor wants me back in to do tests.

No real tips.. Tried so many things in 14months ttc and really thought it wasn't gonna happen. I would say to try and keep busy so it doesn't take over every waking hour and you have other things to think about if AF does show at the end of the month. Also my main tip would be to Make sure you both eat healthy. The sperm that your partner has now was created three months ago and so his health and diet at that time will have affected it's quality. Xx

We tried for 18 months with no success using all the tips and tricks i could find. I charted some of the time but my cycle is so wonky that it was useless and my obgyn said not to bother. We got pregnant when we gave up trying and didn't think we could. One thing that could have been a coincidence or been key is that we had both just lost a lot of weight and were super active (biking 5-10 miles per night on hilly country roades). There is really no way for me to know if we would have gotten pregnant anyway.

Like a lot of ladies said, it happened when my husband and I weren't actually "trying" we also had sex 2 or 3 days before I ovulated. I read somewhere that that's the best time to conceive.

Taking prenatal's before you start trying is also really helpful!

As much as I hated it when people said it to me, it was when I relaxed and eased off with all the worry. No charting, no tracking ovulation, no regimented every-other-day sex. It
Was the month we just completely stopped worrying, enjoyed being husband and wife and had sex when we wanted to rather than when we should do.

I used to hate people saying 'you need to relax, don't let it stress you out' as it is a stressful situation. But, that does seen to have been the key for us (even though we were told we couldn't have children!!)

Xxx

I have PCOS and ttc for 3 years. Then we lost that baby. Tried another 8 months and finally pregnant.

The only thing I did differently was using an app to track every little thing, and also relax.

I know it's cliche and I used to hate it when people said that to me. But it worked for us.

The month I just took a step back and didn't think about ttc, it happened.

Sending you baby dust! :hugs:

I think sticking to gravity friendly bd positions and bding every day in my fertile week were what did it for us. Then again it was our fifth cycle so it was maybe just our time to be in the 20% :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->